Air Canada keeps changing flight time

erby2283

flight times change all the time. Now that your second flight leaves prior to the arrival of your first flight, you should contact the airline to find new flights. Since the change was made by the airline, there shouldn't be any additional charge to you.

5 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Schedules change and sometimes this happens.  The good news is that when it does, you can usually change to anything, within reason.   Lots of people take advantage of that to change to a flight time or routing that is actually more desirable than what they originally booked, but was/is more expensive.  When the airline is the one that initiated the change as they did here, you can generally change again to something that works, and without having to pay the fare difference.  Use that to your advantage!

A downside to booking with a TA....you have to wait for your TA to do everything.  I would have changed my flight the minute I saw the airline change.

Unfortunately, my TA (who is also a personal friend) told me I only had one other option to choose from. :classic_blush:  I told him I better not have to pay again for choosing my seats. lol

He was on hold with them yesterday making the necessary changes so it was all done it one day. My bf and I are even contemplating heading into Toronto for a late lunch to breakup the monotony of the airport.  Just not sure how that works with customs and all.

20 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

My bf and I are even contemplating heading into Toronto for a late lunch to breakup the monotony of the airport.  Just not sure how that works with customs and all.

There won't be any Customs issues, but there will be Immigration and security issues processes to go through. Downtown is a ways from the airport, but easily reachable by train.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

There won't be any Customs issues, but there will be Immigration and security issues processes to go through. Downtown is a ways from the airport, but easily reachable by train.

Perfect, thank you! I see the "Union Pearson Express" train leaves from YYZ to downtown every 15 minutes so that is great! Should we be back 2 hours before our next flight since it's international or even longer?

I’ve been having frustrating issues with Air Canada, but a different sort.  Am flying Boston to Toronto to Shanghai next month, in business.  Twice I’ve checked for changes and found my seat gone.  The first time, the row no longer existed, so I changed to a different row.  Yesterday I checked again, my new row was gone, the first was back.  I just hope I  have a seat!

Edited by Barrheadlass

On 2/6/2019 at 4:18 PM, Globaliser said:

This is an Air Canada flight, albeit operated by its subsidiary Rouge.

Your obvious connection from CLT would be AC7583 at 1155-1353, although it does leave you with a ~6½ hour connection at YYZ. If that doesn't work for you, then you may have to ask whether you can be rebooked on a different route.

You can try the Air Canada stopover - from their website - check the bottom of the booking page and click on the WHY FLY WITH US link. Free or reduced rates for business class.

Toronto Stopover

Get up to 7 days in Toronto on your way to Europe or Asia at no extra cost. Only with Air Canada.

Air Canada Stopover

Want to turn your stopover into an adventure?

With Air Canada Stopover, you can enjoy a relaxing hotel stay and discover a great Canadian city while you’re at it – all with no additional airline fees.

The option is offered with any itinerary that includes a connection time of more than 6 hours between consecutive flights.

Enjoy one night’s hotel accommodation

• Like 1

You don’t say what dates you are travelling (or I missed it) butI assume your flight departs at 8:20 PM.  For your layover consider a nice meal at The Keg Steakhouse.  It’s on Dixon Rd about a 5 minute cab ride from the airport.

Another option would be to see what the Sheraton Gateway Hotel has to offer (it’s connected to terminal 3 at Pearson).  

IMHO it’s not worth travelling to downtown Toronto for such a short period of time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, erby2283 said:

Unfortunately, my TA (who is also a personal friend) told me I only had one other option to choose from

As far as I could see, that was true. Any other options would have involved a re-route and booking on another airline, and I don't know whether your fare rules would have allowed that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barrheadlass said:

I’ve been having frustrating issues with Air Canada, but a different sort.  Am flying Boston to Toronto to Shanghai next month, in business.  Twice I’ve checked for changes and found my seat gone.  The first time, the row no longer existed, so I changed to a different row.  Yesterday I checked again, my new row was gone, the first was back.

Configuration changes can also happen at any time, and this happens with all airlines too.

There are subscription services that will watch for stuff like this for you. Personally, I regard USD 100 a year as good value for everything that comes with ExpertFlyer, but it very much depends on how much use you'd get out of it.

10 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Configuration changes can also happen at any time, and this happens with all airlines too.

There are subscription services that will watch for stuff like this for you. Personally, I regard USD 100 a year as good value for everything that comes with ExpertFlyer, but it very much depends on how much use you'd get out of it.

I will definitely look into that as I fly internationally at least four times a year...thank you!  I’ve had issues with configuration changes with Delta, too.

Edited by Barrheadlass

On 2/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, Ashland said:

The flight I've been watching is the 6:00am LAX departure connecting through Toronto that hasn't moved from the $1122.00 pp since I started watching it when it first became available to book. The early departure and getting into YQB at a decent time is a nice option. I will continue to watch but at some point will pull the trigger.

Thanks so much for posting.

You may want to also have a look at WestJet website.  They recently announced they are adding new flights out of Calgary to Quebec City.  That is in addition their existing Quebec city flights.  Usually when new flights are introduced there some discounting that happens.   WestJet partner in the US would be Delta.

7 hours ago, em-sk said:

You may want to also have a look at WestJet website.  They recently announced they are adding new flights out of Calgary to Quebec City.  That is in addition their existing Quebec city flights.  Usually when new flights are introduced there some discounting that happens.   WestJet partner in the US would be Delta.

I'm a frequent flyer with DL and trying to avoid them for this flight from LAX to Quebec City because of West Jet...but thanks so very much for your input and information.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm a frequent flyer with DL and trying to avoid them for this flight from LAX to Quebec City because of West Jet...but thanks so very much for your input and information.

Why are you trying to avoid WestJet? I've only flown them the once, but they were perfectly acceptable.

2 hours ago, Twickenham said:

Why are you trying to avoid WestJet? I've only flown them the once, but they were perfectly acceptable.

Very small aircraft and having to pay extra to choose a seat when booking the connect with DL...just my personal option. I think I will be better off using Air Canada for this flight.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Very small aircraft and having to pay extra to choose a seat when booking the connect with DL...just my personal option. I think I will be better off using Air Canada for this flight.

The new flight they just announced from Calgary to Quebec City is on a 737.  Not certain if it is 737-700 or 737-800.  Advanced seat reservation fee should be around $10-15 Canadian.  

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, erby2283 said:

Thank you everyone. My TA is putting us on an earlier flight in order to make the YYZ to BCN connection. A crappy 6.5 hour layover but hey....there's a Wahlburger's! lol

There is some good news if you are flying Business Class on Air Canada.  Their new Signature Class Lounge (open to paying Business Class passengers) is really a first class lounge.  In fact, they even have an excellent sit-down restaurant in that lounge (and also a buffet) which very good food/menus designed by one of Canada's top chefs.  If you have to spend a few hours at YYZ....this lounge sure helps make that time more pleasant.

Hank

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

There is some good news if you are flying Business Class on Air Canada.  Their new Signature Class Lounge (open to paying Business Class passengers) is really a first class lounge.  In fact, they even have an excellent sit-down restaurant in that lounge (and also a buffet) which very good food/menus designed by one of Canada's top chefs.  If you have to spend a few hours at YYZ....this lounge sure helps make that time more pleasant.

Hank

The flight I'm considering LAX-YQB via YYZ will have a 2hr 34min layover...Will I go through customs there and will that give me much time to enjoy the lounge? 

Edited by Ashland

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

The flight I'm considering LAX-YQB via YYZ will have a 2hr 34min layover...Will I go through immigration there and will that give me much time to enjoy the lounge? 

You will go thru immigration at YYZ, thus your time will be limited....

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

The flight I'm considering LAX-YQB via YYZ will have a 2hr 34min layover...Will I go through customs there and will that give me much time to enjoy the lounge? 

I guess you can do the math.  Time enough to enjoy a drink and snack, but do not think about having dinner in the restaurant.  Have a glass of French Champagne and then head off to your flight!

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I guess you can do the math.  Time enough to enjoy a drink and snack, but do not think about having dinner in the restaurant.  Have a glass of French Champagne and then head off to your flight!

Hank

Sounds good enough for us...thanks.