Mocktails??

Dreamer115

I'm going on a cruise to Alaska in May and noticed that one of the beverage packages includes mocktails.  I know what a mocktail is but how much would they cost if I didn't have them included in a package.  How much is the hot chocolate as well.  I'm sure in the cooler weather I will drink hot chocolate more than normal as I am not a coffee or tea person.

What are some of the mocktails I might be able to get on board as well.  I am usually a fru fru drinker so I am sure the mocktails would be good, don't need the alcohol to add to the price.  

We will be on the Golden Princess, are the pop machines around the ship or only in the buffet and the bars.  Not a huge fan of bar pop.

Thanks for your help.

This page says that you can order any drink without alcohol.  I want to try a strawberry daiquiri without alcohol.  I think there's a mango one too.  They sound fab.  Someone also posted a menu with their standard mocktails and they were not attractive to me.   someone described nojito as tasting like a salad.  I'll pass on that.

On the Emerald last month, my sister, a non-drinker, had the soda package. She enjoyed all kinds of alcohol-free drinks. She did a pretty good study of the bar menus to see what was available and was always very clear with the server when she ordered. When she wasn't sure, the bar staff was very helpful.

The Unlimited Soda and More package is $8.05 per day and you must pay for all days. Almost any drink can be made without the alcohol. (It would be tough to make a virgin Martini but they might just serve you a glass with an olive in it...) I didn't have a problem with the Nojito. You can always ask them to go lighter on the mint. I think that package is the best "deal" on Princess ships.

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The Unlimited Soda and More package is $8.05 per day and you must pay for all days. Almost any drink can be made without the alcohol. (It would be tough to make a virgin Martini but they might just serve you a glass with an olive in it...) I didn't have a problem with the Nojito. You can always ask them to go lighter on the mint. I think that package is the best "deal" on Princess ships.

It sounds like a good deal to me too, $10 and change Canadian.  A couple of cokes and a couple of hot chocolates and I should have saved that amount not to mention the mocktails I could try.  I don't think I need the alcohol and could save a bunch of money.  Virgin chichi comes to mind I love chichi's.  I think a regular chichi would be at least $10. Canadian. so there you go.  Saved the money.

I like the unlimited soda package, for the mocktails. I only know Australian prices, but for memory a mocktail to buy is $5?  So basically drink 2 mocktails a day and you've paid for the package.

My favourite is the Nojito, but if you don't like mint I can see how you'd not like it.  Second favourite is the key west cooler.  You could easily ask for it without mint, or with less.  I find them all a bit sweet, so I ask the bar staff to make them half strength and add more soda water - which I find is perfect for me.  The other thing I do with the nojito is get them to refill the glass with soda water after I've finished, and I get a mild lemon/lime/mint drink which I find quite refreshing.  (and then I don't feel like I'm wasting so much of the fruit/mint with a new one)

I didn't realise you could order any alcoholic drink without the alcohol though - Maybe next time I'll have to get more creative!

25 minutes ago, Obsi said:

I didn't realise you could order any alcoholic drink without the alcohol though - Maybe next time I'll have to get more creative!

Sure. Try the Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, Strawberry Margarita, etc. Take a gander at the regular bar menu and get wild. It's easy to just leave out the liquor.

• Like 1

After many years of ignoring the mocktails available under the Soda and More package, I finally tried each of the standard menu mocktails, just to try them, one each evening.  I only cared for the Virgin Mojito.  I avoided asking for a Nojito, because with all the noise and foreign accents, I was afraid of confusion.  "Virgin Mojito" is clear.  

I am a soda drinker, and the value of the Soda and More package is, for me, excellent.

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

After many years of ignoring the mocktails available under the Soda and More package, I finally tried each of the standard menu mocktails, just to try them, one each evening.  I only cared for the Virgin Mojito.  I avoided asking for a Nojito, because with all the noise and foreign accents, I was afraid of confusion.  "Virgin Mojito" is clear.  

I am a soda drinker, and the value of the Soda and More package is, for me, excellent.

I found the "standard menu" of mocktails to be pretty lame. They do make a good virgin Bloody Mary - I asked for mine to be made extra spicy.

Next cruise, I think I will do a side-by-side comparison of a virgin strawberry margarita and a virgin strawberry daquiri, to see which is better. I think I prefer rum to tequila, but I can never remember which is which, especially in the virgin versions.

• Haha 1

We got this package on our cruise with our teens last year. It was perfect. My hubby and I really like pop with dinner...well, I like pop all day long. 🙂

We also liked the mocktails. Our kids really like the Sunshine Daquiris. It's just fruity and sweet. My husband liked the Nohito. We also liked getting hot chocolates from the International Cafe. I don't think there is hot chocolate powder available at the buffet, so if you want a hot chocolate you have to buy it at the I.C.

No pop machines though. Only pop from the guns at the bars.