Game of Thrones on Freedom?

I have Samsung TV's at home and have been able to use a home remote I brought with me to change inputs on Freedom.  

As far as streaming you should be fine.  Freedom has O3b the newer and lower latency satellite system.  The biggest challenge will be 1,000 other guests all trying to stream it at the same time.  

I know on at least one ship I've had to disconnect the RJ11 "phone jack" type cable from the back of the TV to get my home remote to work properly.  That connection lets the TV talk to the ship for account inquiries and ordering movies.  

I can't remember if that was Freedom or another ship.  

I was just on the norweigan pearl (yes I know different company) but the next am was able to watch off of YouTube episode 1. Rccl has much better internet with streaming so you should be ok. I was able to get HBO go on a transatlantic cruise last November and on a Caribbean cruise in January. You probably will have to wait until the next day. Just dont go online until you get the episodes to avoid spoilers!

• 1 month later...

OK...reporting back on our GOT finale experience on Freedom.  Bottom line is that we were able to watch the entire episode with about 5-6 buffering pauses, and one complete disconnect requiring that we start over and fast forward to where we were before being disconnected.  Not ideal, but acceptable for GOT fanatics that couldn't wait.  Freedom internet overall was extremely poor.  Not sure what the problem was since Freedom is supposed to be a O3b ship.

I didn't bring a Samsung remote to change inputs.  There is an open HDMI input on the side of the TV.  I plugged an HDMI cable into this input and then connected to my iPhone via a lightning adaptor.  That part worked perfectly.  I had to get creative though to change the input selection on the TV.  There's a joystick on the back of the TV that normally only controls power on/off, volume up/down, and channel up/down.  When I disconnected the ship's data cable in the back of the TV, the joystick changed to control various other functions, including source input.  I switched it to the HDMI input on the side of the TV and all worked fine.  When I was done, I disconnected the HDMI cable and plugged the data jack back in.  The TV then returned to normal ship operation.

I won't talk about the actually final episode...😡

On 5/29/2019 at 7:12 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I won't talk about the actually final episode...😡

I'm one of the few that thought the final episode was good and the characters ended up appropriately. Yeah, I'm sure we can nit-pit some plot lines holes but none of the people that I talked to that hated the ending have yet to come up with a better one