Edge goes to Exciting Deals

bajathree

25 minutes ago, oneputt18 said:

Still ridiculous pricing until Apex comes out, then prices start dropping on the Edge.

Prices were dropping on the Edge for weeks.  We sailed her on January 13 to 20th and then boarded Silhouette.  Future Cruises told us that the Edge was not selling well.  The perks were $400 on-board credit and all 4 perks if you booked her.  This was not a smart innovation for Celebrity doing it so completely different.  Seeing here that they have already made changes.  The Jersey Boys show was not on board and they now have them doing so many more shows because they demographics are still not changing.  Many did walk out of the shows nightly and the theater is way too noisey.  The acoustics are strange.  Hope they can make enough changes to make this totally different ship at least pay for itself.  

Still typical Celebrity marketing.  I did a mock booking for a spring 2019 cruise and  the IV balcony was still at least $2899 pp an the IV balcony was $1699 pp but it was not eligible for the Exciting Deals. The Go Best still added $450 pp outing the price for a 7-day Caribbean cruise in March to be almost $2200.  Still outrageous for a week in the Caribbean.   But in fairness, at least on the Celebrity website the ship looked fairly well booked.

I am still so happy that I canceled the inaugural, but kept my TA, as the TA was the best price of both, and it is 15 days, arriving in Europe!  So many of the little details that affect me are being attended to, so many thanks to those who sail before me for this...

Edited by Lastdance
NONE

12 minutes ago, 2tixParadise said:

I found it kind of humorous that around the same time as “3rd and 4th Guest” sales that some state rooms are limiting guests to 2 per cabin

Many rooms are only designed for 2 guests.  Do you mean they are limiting rooms that are designed for 3 or 4 guests?

48 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am still so happy that I canceled the inaugural, but kept my TA, as the TA was the best price of both, and it is 15 days, arriving in Europe!  So many of the little details that affect me are being attended to, so many thanks to those who sail before me for this...

I have been following the pricing on the April TA, and the prices have dropped considerably since the ship reached the cancellation penalty period.  The lowest price for a veranda cabin was $5,399, and it then dropped to $4,399  and now it is $3,299.  I suspect the prices will drop more, since other TAs have much lower fares.

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

I have been following the pricing on the April TA, and the prices have dropped considerably since the ship reached the cancellation penalty period.  The lowest price for a veranda cabin was $5,399, and it then dropped to $4,399  and now it is $3,299.  I suspect the prices will drop more, since other TAs have much lower fares.

My S1 corner aft was 10,000...if they go lower than that, I would really be surprised, as they are still pricey...other customers would be a little upset!  But yes, they are coming down now.  I would never pay over 11.000 for this suite, but would book an SV instead!  Celebrity wanted 16,000 for this same suite in Europe for 11 days, so  I did book an SV with all the perks and 450 OBC.  Still think it was overpriced, but loved the itinerary, as it had an overnight in Trieste and the island of Corfu; two places I had never been...if the price comes way down on the suites, I may just upgrade!  it is always nice to have choices..but I would never book an IV,,,only SV, as I want a real balcony!.

Edited by Lastdance

21 hours ago, PatC said:

Prices were dropping on the Edge for weeks.  We sailed her on January 13 to 20th and then boarded Silhouette.  Future Cruises told us that the Edge was not selling well.  The perks were $400 on-board credit and all 4 perks if you booked her.  This was not a smart innovation for Celebrity doing it so completely different.  Seeing here that they have already made changes.  The Jersey Boys show was not on board and they now have them doing so many more shows because they demographics are still not changing.  Many did walk out of the shows nightly and the theater is way too noisey.  The acoustics are strange.  Hope they can make enough changes to make this totally different ship at least pay for itself.  

Yes I didn’t mention the horrible acoustics in the theater   The sound volume was much too loud   We walked out a couple of times.   Perhaps the person in charge is hearing impaired due his/her occupation.

Dec 63, a Jersey boys act was on the  1/27 EDGE.,..great show ( a bit campy)  but overall great..,esp with the Celeb musicians playing,  Acoustics were perfect..A big step up for X...theater is small...get there early for 9 pm shows.

Also loved Kaliedescope  side balcony view..another winner.

We actually liked EDGE. The Thermal suite, Solarium and EDEN during the day were amazing!

the downsides were that it was very windy on the top and outside decks..needs screens or wind buffers   No sun shelter up there too.

Inside public spaces are WAY TOO NOISY...poor acoustics,  spaces too open

I think fixes are being made and the ship will sell well! We're going back in the fall!

• Like 1