Live music?

My husband and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise this year. In the evenings we enjoy the comedians, shows, and lounge singers while enjoying a glass of wine. I’m getting the impression on here that Celebrity doesn’t offer live music in the bars. Please tell me I’m wrong. We find it quite enjoyable to have live music and watching people dance the night away. Are their shows good?  We loved the shows on the Oasis of the Seas, but also enjoyed the shows on Carnival, NCL, and Princess. 

There was live music all over the ship in the evenings and late afternoon on all 3 of my Celebrity cruises. This was on Silhoutte and Equinox. However, there is a dance floor only on deck 3 in the atrium and deck 14 Sky Lounge. The Sky Lounge doesn't get going until around 10 PM. But music starts in the atrium in the late afternoon usually. Different types of music in the different venues and they rotate as the evening progresses. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 39august said:

There was live music all over the ship in the evenings and late afternoon on all 3 of my Celebrity cruises. This was on Silhoutte and Equinox. However, there is a dance floor only on deck 3 in the atrium and deck 14 Sky Lounge. The Sky Lounge doesn't get going until around 10 PM. But music starts in the atrium in the late afternoon usually. Different types of music in the different venues and they rotate as the evening progresses. 

Music all over Silhouette.  Live and great.  Of course if the Sky Lounge goes away after the S class refurbs. then that venue is useless to those of us who can't afford suites.  BUT, the Silhouette was wonderful and we can all thank Sue Denning for keeping things status quo, at least for the time being.  The atrium and all decks looking down were hopping every single night because the band was absolutely wonderful.  Folks were coming from the theater and dancing their way to dinner.  Loved it.  Edge, not so much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PatC said:

Music all over Silhouette.  Live and great.  Of course if the Sky Lounge goes away after the S class refurbs. then that venue is useless to those of us who can't afford suites.  BUT, the Silhouette was wonderful and we can all thank Sue Denning for keeping things status quo, at least for the time being.  The atrium and all decks looking down were hopping every single night because the band was absolutely wonderful.  Folks were coming from the theater and dancing their way to dinner.  Loved it.  Edge, not so much.

On our Edge sailing a couple of weeks ago there was live music all over the ship day and night.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PatC said:

Where did you read that the Sky Lounge was going away?  What we have heard was that it will be reduced in size and some high end suites will be added; similar to the Reflection. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Where did you read that the Sky Lounge was going away?  What we have heard was that it will be reduced in size and some high end suites will be added; similar to the Reflection. 

While on Silhouette a few weeks ago we were in suites.  The crew were saying that when Luminae moves you will no longer be able to choose from the main dining room menu because of the new location.  On Edge the "Retreat" was locked and all suite passengers had access.  We did not.  If they take away the Sky Lounge, only half of it, that would make it impossible to keep those other than suites out.  We will wait and see what happens.

25 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

On our Edge sailing a couple of weeks ago there was live music all over the ship day and night.

Ours also but very loud, very intrusive and so enjoy if you like it.  No more Edge class for us.  MY OPINION

Our experience on many Celebrity sailings is that there is a lack of live music right at the time we would like to sit in the bar and listen to it before dinner.   Specifically between 6:30 & 8:00 there usually is no live music at all. One of my few complaints about Celebrity. Even though few people do traditional dining times anymore they still schedule the live music before each of those dining times.  Another one of their cutbacks. I guess they figure many people are at the show which is true, but not all of us want to go to all the shows particularly if we sail a lot and have seen them many times before

22 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Our experience on many Celebrity sailings is that there is a lack of live music right at the time we would like to sit in the bar and listen to it before dinner.   Specifically between 6:30 & 8:00 there usually is no live music at all. One of my few complaints about Celebrity. Even though few people do traditional dining times anymore they still schedule the live music before each of those dining times.  Another one of their cutbacks. I guess they figure many people are at the show which is true, but not all of us want to go to all the shows particularly if we sail a lot and have seen them many times before

Cutbacks? The time you state is when people are either dining or at the early show in the theater.  So not too likely that there would be a lot of live music during that period.  Even so you occasionally find some at scattered venues if you look for it.  Try the Sunset/Oceanview Bar particularly if the ship is leaving a port.  Also try the area near Cellar Masters on M-Class ships or the Ensemble Lounge area on S-Class ships (outside Murano).  During the dinner times, the area near the Martini Bar sometimes has live music, but sometimes it is piped in or it is a DJ.

Just got off Reflection Feb 8.....wow...live music was fantastic...strings,,jazz piano..haunting female singer & guitar.

I had never experienced such a variety of music and venues. Wow.

Celebrity re-designed daily sheet to show a summary of live music venues of the day.  Fold the sheet into quarters - and there was a whole day of music.

Very very rich and inspiring. Thank you X

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

EXACTLY our experience on our last two cruises.  A disappointing difference from our prior X cruises (and one of the reasons that we wish we could go back to HAL).

On 2/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, 2tixParadise said:

Very glad to hear this

Cruise lines, including Celebrity are very keen on live music - as a draw to get you into the bars!
Indeed, live music without access to beverages is very much the exception!

On 2/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, PatC said:

Ours also but very loud, very intrusive and so enjoy if you like it.  No more Edge class for us.  MY OPINION

41 minutes ago, Canuker said:

Cruise lines, including Celebrity are very keen on live music - as a draw to get you into the bars!
Indeed, live music without access to beverages is very much the exception!

All I wanna do is dance!  Funny kind of nostalgia and sentiment when you have a live band covering hits from over the years.  I’m really hoping Edge will come through with a live band... I’ve read some reviews that gave me the impression there’s techno music way too loud, sigh.  Hoping that by reading the Daily we’ll be able to go to the right places

Edited by 2tixParadise

Edge was an awful experience for me....techno hip-hop sound (I won’t call it music) at ear-splitting volume.  Somehow even the Christmas music had the same awful boom boom beat.

on the other hand, Reflection had a wonderful variety of music including the best band at sea, Music Soup.  Here’s a typical day’s live music on Reflection

A1EB3BEF-E2C2-4E53-BFEE-47DB9F588072.jpeg