Epic Interrupted

Briji04

24 minutes ago, croix153 said:

so now the rumor is that the ship is going to be drydocked in Freeport tomorrow, and that the current cruisers are being kicked off.  (According to NCL facebook group)

Well I am on the Facebook group for this sailing as I'm on the next and want to make sure everything is ok and the posts in the last 10 min is people learning to dance, getting in their cabins and seeing a tug to get them out so I think your info is bad.  We will know in 10 min cus she is supposed to depart and no one is saying they were told to get off.

7 minutes ago, Kev_of_Ar said:

Well I am on the Facebook group for this sailing as I'm on the next and want to make sure everything is ok and the posts in the last 10 min is people learning to dance, getting in their cabins and seeing a tug to get them out so I think your info is bad.  We will know in 10 min cus she is supposed to depart and no one is saying they were told to get off.

And there is someone on FB live showing there getting ready to leave

We where on the Epic last week, engine problems all week. We where dead in the water several times, once for over 2 hours.We we're eating dinner and watched the pier sink, we never felt a thing. My big complaint was the pounding of hammers and sawing that took place at 2 am two nights in a row. Found out they are on a one year maintenance of the stacks or scrubbers. Beware if your room is near these areas, no compensation of any kind, just saying sorry just doesn't cut it. They should have said, here's some earplugs. Get over it...really Norwegian , you can't schedule maintence during daylight hours?????????? Having to go thru corporate to give you anything. ( We'll make it right on your next cruise maybe) really not a good policy. So much for making you happy on your vacation.

4 minutes ago, GregD said:

Looking at the cam now, they painted over the dents. 

(at work now so can't post images. I'm sure someone else will.)

On facebook someone posted three pictures of the damage, but funny that two of the pictures were the Epic and the one in the middle obviously another ship, because the Epic doesn't have dots above the damage.

well, propwash looked normal as they passed fishlips so the tugs may have been a precaution until everything 'tests' OK ... hard to say

but if you were gonna get stuck in Canaveral for the day, this was a good one.  Hit 86 at my house.

case closed this unit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

well, propwash looked normal as they passed fishlips so the tugs may have been a precaution until everything 'tests' OK ... hard to say

but if you were gonna get stuck in Canaveral for the day, this was a good one.  Hit 86 at my house.

case closed this unit

86?   I'm jealous.   It's almost up to the freezing point here in the St Louis area.

1 minute ago, pritbrit said:

I sailed on the Epic this past week.  Would Travel Insurance cover this since we didn't get to the destinations we were supposed to?

the fine print of the 'cruise contract' usually says any port call can be dropped or changed at the cruise-line' discretion. So I'd doubt it .... You DID sail plus isn't NCL already giving a lot of 'considerations'? OTOH every policy is different so all you can do is ask.  My belief is the insurance covers unexpected costs due to not sailing etc.  You DID sail plus isn't NCL already giving a lot of 'considerations'?

3 minutes ago, pritbrit said:

I sailed on the Epic this past week.  Would Travel Insurance cover this since we didn't get to the destinations we were supposed to?

For what?  Isn't NCL giving future cruise credit as compensation?  Aren't they also covering airline change fess (within reason)?  What are you looking to get compensated for?  What does your trip insurance policy say?

12 minutes ago, pritbrit said:

A good policy covers port changes AFTER departure..so yeah, sure.  Nationwide has a policy that pays up to $1,250 per port change after departure.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

34 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

On facebook someone posted three pictures of the damage, but funny that two of the pictures were the Epic and the one in the middle obviously another ship, because the Epic doesn't have dots above the damage.

Which Facebook group. I would love to see those pictures.

28 minutes ago, hallux said:

For what?  Isn't NCL giving future cruise credit as compensation?  Aren't they also covering airline change fess (within reason)?  What are you looking to get compensated for?  What does your trip insurance policy say?

Not all of us are lucky enough to live in Florida and be able to just cruise again in a year.  Yes, they are giving us money towards another cruise however there are many more expenses that go along with going away.  I am not complaining I am just stating a fact.  They also are only covering $300 per person for air changes which doesnt cover it.  My question was just inquiring if Travel Insurance would cover what they dont.

/