Travel kettle

vinob

On 2/17/2019 at 9:51 AM, kernow said:

Another vote for ask your room steward, it's worked for us in the past.

Hi Kernow, many thanks for reply, if you have done this in the past was it on RCI ships, not only do I like a cuppa in the wee hours, I also need to boil water and let it cool for my OH's CPAP machine, so wondering if it's worth trying their special needs section, but knowing my luck they'd probably say your steward can get you boiled water.

31 minutes ago, vinob said:

Hi Kernow, many thanks for reply, if you have done this in the past was it on RCI ships, not only do I like a cuppa in the wee hours, I also need to boil water and let it cool for my OH's CPAP machine, so wondering if it's worth trying their special needs section, but knowing my luck they'd probably say your steward can get you boiled water.

I bumped into the head of Housekeeping in the DL on Vision and asked him for one as a favour - it had been delivered to my cabin before I got back!

I tried on Rhapsody and the head of Housekeeping turned up at my door saying they didn't have kettles on board!

It is worth a try!

1 hour ago, vinob said:

Yes, we've gotten one on RCL ships but I suppose you may occasionally get a less than helpful staff member so in your case it may be worth contacting Special needs and they might offer to have one in your cabin when you board. As already mentioned they do have a certain amount on all ships as they are provided as standard in suites.

21 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not to change the subject, but can I bring a small microwave oven.  Sometimes I like to reheat my leftover food that I saved from the night before.

Won't rise to your bait, feel you're the rather sad type of person who has to quip at anything and everything.

22 hours ago, vinob said:

RC will provide distilled water for your CPAP machine at no charge. You don’t need to boil and cool.  Contact special needs department ahead of time. 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, vinob said:

I believe they charge for room service in the wee hours, but hey ho I can’t do without my cuppa at 5am So I’ll have to bite the bullet, thanks.

Just head up to the Windjammer or if open the park cafes.  Jammie bottoms and tops okay.  A little morning stroll does the body good.