FTTF Timeline

Sue Goodreds

On 2/14/2019 at 5:22 AM, Sue Goodreds said:

I have a cruise booked on Magic for 1/18/20 - Yes, almost a year out.  Does anyone know when they begin to offer FTTF?

We have a cruise booked for June 2020. About 4 weeks ago I was checking FTTF for all of my sailings and it was up online yet. About two days later it popped up. Happy to say I have it for all three cruises I have booked. 

23 hours ago, cruisecrazypat said:

If I have a handicapped room and status, do I need FTTF?  Use walker

If you want priority boarding and to have your cabin ready when you embark, and to have a priority line at guest services, then yes. Otherwise, no. Being handicapped doesn't give you any sort of priority access to anything. 

I would purchase if you have trouble moving around especially if you are doing a shore excursion with a boat tinder , there is a mad rush to get off the boat.

My wife and I did a review of FTTF and I will never cruise without it if possible.  I hate lines 🙂

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, serene56 said:

You see it when you click on departure time.  It will list how many.   

Is there any possible way you could show a screen shot of where you are referring? I have fttf available on one of the 2 cruises I have booked and can't find this info anywhere. Neither of the 2 places I see the departure time is it clickable.

I can’t do a screen shot since I don’t have a cruise booked.   On carnival web site.  Go to manage my booking.   Fill in your document      You can see the fttf logo on the one it’s booked for 

3 hours ago, BBigfoot613 said:

Is there any possible way you could show a screen shot of where you are referring? I have fttf available on one of the 2 cruises I have booked and can't find this info anywhere. Neither of the 2 places I see the departure time is it clickable.

You can only see how many are left if it’s available.   You click on the excursion faster to the fun.  You will see departure time. Click on that and it will show you how many are left 

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

You can only see how many are left if it’s available.   You click on the excursion faster to the fun.  You will see departure time. Click on that and it will show you how many are left 

ahhh got it to work on my june cruise (4 left). Thanks so much! not worth it (my opinion) for that cruise but nice to know how to look. Thanks again

Most people don't realize that the number of FTTF rooms is directly affected by how many Diamond and Platinum guests book that cruise.  They offer just a certain amount of FTTF at first, when the itinerary opens for booking, but hold back to see how many rooms are booked by the "Preferred" cruisers.  They won't open the FTTF back up until closer to the cruise date for that reason.  The room stewards can only get so many rooms done before people start boarding, and so the FTTF number is limited.  

On 4/21/2019 at 4:13 PM, serene56 said:

Fill in your document      You can see the fttf logo on the one it’s booked for 

Which document?

I just booked our first cruise last night and I know FTTF isn't avail right now (it's not listed in the shore excursions), but is there another document I need to fill out, other than the basic passenger info?

Also, is FTTF available if you've only put down a deposit and not fully paid for the cruise? We're not sailing until Oct 2020 so I know we have awhile to wait for FTTF to become available, but if we need to pay off the cruise first then we'll probably pass on it.

1 minute ago, bear4228 said:

We have a cruise booked for March of 2020 and still no FTTF.

It's all dependent on the number of Diamond & Platinum guests on the ship, so your itinerary may be full of them. IMO Carnival also makes the program available on an intermittent, unregulated basis to create interest, which drives demand (and therefore increases revenue).

2 hours ago, Sean_B said:

Which document?

I just booked our first cruise last night and I know FTTF isn't avail right now (it's not listed in the shore excursions), but is there another document I need to fill out, other than the basic passenger info?

Also, is FTTF available if you've only put down a deposit and not fully paid for the cruise? We're not sailing until Oct 2020 so I know we have awhile to wait for FTTF to become available, but if we need to pay off the cruise first then we'll probably pass on it.

The only document you need to finish filling out is the check in, and that doesn’t become available until 90 days prior to cruise. As for FTTF, you do not need to be paid in full for it to pop up on your excursions. Keep checking frequently for it. I would check (I swear) about 20x a day until. Was able to grab it. I have it for my April 2020 cruise.

• Thanks 1