Valentines Day $1 special - Booked it!

melodyina

21 hours ago, melodyina said:

For me, this special made a great difference.  We grabbed our cruise and most importantly secured the stateroom we wanted. Its like a 'place holder' for $1.  

Agree! Every intention to re-fare when a better sale comes along over the next year. But I have secured the cabin of my choice for $1.

5 hours ago, Meanmum said:

We booked two cruises, Panama Canal for January 2020 and 14 day Mediterranean for September 2020.  Did it to secure our cabin, and there is no way we will cancel, we were told that if the price drops we can call and get the reduced price, but probably would have to pay whatever the deposit is at that time.... no worries to us we got what we wanted.

I booked a cruise for $1 last year. I have re-fared it several times and switched promos expecting to have to pay a larger deposit. It has not made me yet. It is still being held on $1.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

I booked a cruise for $1 last year. I have re-fared it several times and switched promos expecting to have to pay a larger deposit. It has not made me yet. It is still being held on $1.

Awesome thank you that’s good to know - especially when the trip is over 550 days out I am sure there will be some promos.

Just now, Meanmum said:

Awesome thank you that’s good to know - especially when the trip is over 550 days out I am sure there will be some promos.

Can't guarantee it will happen to you but I booked it last February and the cruise is not until June of this year.  I didn't have a FCD when I booked and hoped it would want more money and I could use one that I acquired last summer - though I don't know if it would give me OBC but each time, it has not asked for more money.

9 hours ago, esper10 said:

I didn’t book any thing as I want to use future cruise deposit but I was wondering why would Princess do this? People will book many different cruises will hold the cabins and than don’t go. No, not every one but a lot

Why would Princess do this $1 deposit Sale ?

For people like us who had no Princess FCD or have been cruising other lines and no  intention of another Princess cruise just now . We speculated  on the last 2  $1 Sales and cruised each one . Have one booked for 2020 now.

It works for Princess and us .

Edited by MCC retired

Booked 17 day Enchantment for July 2020, now wishing I'd booked a balcony and inside instead of two insides...hoping for Sip and Sail. It sounds like promos can be added from previous posts on this thread, anyone know if I can change cabins?

9 hours ago, Grburkart said:

If you read the fine print, Princess doesn’t lose. It’s a lot like buying furniture and not paying for 6 months or 2 years or what have you. 

If you don’t pay by a certain day, you’re on the hook for 20% of your cruise. Cancelled or not. 

Thats what the gal at Princess, that I booked through, told me.

Glenn

The $1 is refundable if cancelled before a certain date. Cancelation fee withheld if cancelled after pymt.

1 hour ago, edspec said:

Booked 17 day Enchantment for July 2020, now wishing I'd booked a balcony and inside instead of two insides...hoping for Sip and Sail. It sounds like promos can be added from previous posts on this thread, anyone know if I can change cabins?

I don't think you can change categories.

1 hour ago, sandjforever said:

Booked my first Princess cruise with the $1 deposit through a big box store.  Sailing on Grand September 2020 to Alaska on a new 10 day from Vancouver.  Super excited!!

Wish they’d offered more dates on that one.  That is exactly what I wanted to do. Have a great time!

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

I simply don't see the advantage. A $1 deposit for a 28 day cruise in a mini suite. I always book using FCD which would, admittedly, be a $100 deposit but would have the advantage of $150 in OBC. Since I don't book cruises I don't plan to take I can't understand why one would book without using FCD - unless, of course, one doesn't have FCD to use.

We have 7 cruises booked to celebrate our 50th anniversary this year, so putting out a regular deposit is not in the budget right now.  But, to hold a cruise we would love for next year, and get the cabin we want, for $2:  YES!  THAT is in the budget!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This promo worked perfectly. We put our FCDs toward a long weekend to Cabo next month, and wanted to book another. My wife works for the school district so September through June is usually out for her and summer can be really hot in the Mexican Riviera. But Princess had an itinerary that lined up perfectly with her spring break 2020 and we didn't need to have all of the deposit $$ yesterday. We could have waited a few weeks and bought FCDs next month, but spring break cruises tend to sell out early. 

So, we jumped, and are doing Mexico in April of next year. For a $2 deposit. Yep, I know that I still have pay the full amount, but I didn't need a chunk of cash to book and I prtected against a sell-out.

Win-win, IMO.

• Like 1