Internet

2 hours ago, stephaniekleinn said:

Does anyone know if we can purchase internet for just one day onboard? My husband needs to dial in for a meeting but other than that he doesn't need the internet.

Thanks!

Stephanie

I've also seen $23 for surf and $30 for stream.

2 hours ago, stephaniekleinn said:

Does anyone know if we can purchase internet for just one day onboard? My husband needs to dial in for a meeting but other than that he doesn't need the internet.

Thanks!

Stephanie

If he has to log into a corporate VPN, then he will most likely be SOL. The latency alone, let alone the lack of speed, will not allow the VPN to connect.

1 minute ago, klfrodo said:

If he has to log into a corporate VPN, then he will most likely be SOL. The latency alone, let alone the lack of speed, will not allow the VPN to connect.

Sounded like the OP was talking about a conf call -for which Surf should be enough and work, probably.

Just now, stephaniekleinn said:

Honestly I'm not sure how he will "connect" but he asked me if we had Zoom Internet so I'm assuming it's video conference.....We're going to be on the Serenade....we'll be signing up for just one day and we'll see how it goes!

Be prepared for a jerky and buffered video experience if indeed its a video conf call.

2 minutes ago, stephaniekleinn said:

Honestly I'm not sure how he will "connect" but he asked me if we had Zoom Internet so I'm assuming it's video conference.....We're going to be on the Serenade....we'll be signing up for just one day and we'll see how it goes!

Most likely lots of buffering and delay.

We've skyped, facetimed, and done Google hangouts with no problems on board. Haven't needed to try GoToMeetings yet, but the feed quality on the others was satisfactory.

Edited by orville99