Princess Sale Come Back New start March 1st

MarcusRex

I have three cruises booked all under sales that included a good fare, good OBC, free specialty dinner, and free gratuities. Since there are only two of us, the great 3/4 person cost is ineffective for us.  So I am thinking unless there is a great reduction in fare prices, this is one sale I will be skipping.  Though I do have one cruise booked with no sale at all yet as is way out there, so maybe this sale will work for that cruise to start with.  

Pooh

• Like 1

Pooh question for you. I also have a cruise booked for next year without any sale.  If a sale does get offered for my cruise; what is the best way to rebook with sale pricing and still keep same cabin?  Thanks if you have an answer

Just now, AF-1 said:

Pooh question for you. I also have a cruise booked for next year without any sale.  If a sale does get offered for my cruise; what is the best way to rebook with sale pricing and still keep same cabin?  Thanks if you have an answer

I contacted a Princess Travel Agent, that had emailed me. She was able to take my booking and update it to the new perks. I wanted a certain room (Corner aft) and wanted to make sure that I still had my room 😉 She said I could update to any new promo, as long as it was before final payment. Also mentioned that if the price changed, I could choose which I wanted. For us, our price never changed or was available for the lower rate sales. I think it was because that class was already booked? So, while we did not get a discount on our room, we at least got free drinks for 10 days. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katwoman007 said:

I contacted a Princess Travel Agent, that had emailed me. She was able to take my booking and update it to the new perks. I wanted a certain room (Corner aft) and wanted to make sure that I still had my room 😉 She said I could update to any new promo, as long as it was before final payment. Also mentioned that if the price changed, I could choose which I wanted. For us, our price never changed or was available for the lower rate sales. I think it was because that class was already booked? So, while we did not get a discount on our room, we at least got free drinks for 10 days. 😉 

Great info; I too have booked a cabin that I don't want to give up.  I guess as the new promo's come out I will contact my travel agent and see what happens.  Thanks again

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you click on the link it will show you what destination Is on sale.

Hi AF-1,

where is this information? While I can see the details of the sale, I see no list of cruises that it covers. While I certainly can wait until Friday, sooner is always better!

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, MarcusRex said:

Hi AF-1,

where is this information? While I can see the details of the sale, I see no list of cruises that it covers. While I certainly can wait until Friday, sooner is always better!

Thanks!

Hi after you click on the link; open the pdf file by each sale and it will list the region and dates for the sale; plus it goes into a little more detail

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/promotional/promotions/index.jsp

Edited by AF-1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Hi after you click on the link; open the pdf file by each sale and it will list the region and dates for the sale; plus it goes into a little more detail

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/promotional/promotions/index.jsp

Thanks!

The voyage list wasn't there when I checked before.

The great news is that my next cruise is on it. Since all 4 of us will be in the same room, I hope that the 99$ for passenger 3&4 will mean substantial saving for me. 

1 hour ago, tempus137 said:

I'll have to wait to see what the price is. I booked under the 3 for free last December, so I'll get an extra $100 pp in OBC, but give up the $135 free grats.

It all comes down to numbers, right? 🙂

We had some OBC with our first booking, maybe $300 total. With the sip and sale, our package is worth $1,380 bucks total. Way more than the OBC, which would have paid for our soda package and 10 drinks. 😉 So, for us, we went with the new, because last cruise 2 years ago there were plenty buy one get one drinks and I have read they are not doing those anymore. We each had about 2 bar drinks a day for a 5 day and would have loved more, but were trying to be "good" hahahaha Cannot wait for wine with my dinner. lmao 

3 hours ago, MarcusRex said:

Thanks!

The voyage list wasn't there when I checked before.

The great news is that my next cruise is on it. Since all 4 of us will be in the same room, I hope that the 99$ for passenger 3&4 will mean substantial saving for me. 

good for you

1 hour ago, MarcsSharon said:

So - I see the sale prices but there are none of the perks mentioned above - 3rd and 4th are still $799. Could the website not be showing it?? Actually no mention of any promotions at all...thoughts my friends 🙂

Check different sail dates.zThere are 2 different deals in March. Some have price reductions some have sale with perks.

Edited by Bubbs33

2 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

So - I see the sale prices but there are none of the perks mentioned above - 3rd and 4th are still $799. Could the website not be showing it?? Actually no mention of any promotions at all...thoughts my friends 🙂

I m having the same issue. The sale banner is on my cruise but none of the prices for the 3rd and 4th person are changed.

The conditions state :

"Fares from $99 for your extra guests apply to the 3rd and/or 4th guest booked in the same stateroom as the first and second guests and apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary. This offer has limited space regardless of stateroom availability and is subject to combinability limitations."

Ok, I guess some rooms may not get it, but I have played with all types of rooms and still do not see it. Does anyone know what "minimum lead-in categories" is?

I see the promo for my Feb 2020 cruise. The banner is there. The price has dropped about $90pp, free upgrade and I loose the specialty dining (not a big deal) and OBC is the same. Not a big savings overall.

24 minutes ago, Bubbs33 said:

I see the promo for my Feb 2020 cruise. The banner is there. The price has dropped about $90pp, free upgrade and I loose the specialty dining (not a big deal) and OBC is the same. Not a big savings overall.

For my Dec 2019 cruise, the fare is $40pp higher than what I booked under the 3 for free deal. It's also $90pp more than what it was yesterday, before the sale. 

The only benefit is $100pp more in OBC. So combining the higher fare with the higher OBC, I save $60pp. That doesn't seem to be a big enough saving to have my TA go through the effort of making the change. Plus I lose the free grats ($135pp).

Not a very good "SALE".

this new sale worked out well for us..on our summer cruise we each saved $400 per person plus got an additional $100 OBC..we even had the opportunity to upgrade our category to midship but we chose not to take it because we would rather have the larger balcony on the Caribe deck than the regular one on Baja..even if it is mid ship!!  We did lose our free gratuities from a previous sale but we still came out ahead!

My December cruise comes back $1225 more expensive under this "sale". Plus, I would lose the free gratuities and $100 OBC (original booking gave me $400 - the sale would give me $300). I think I will stick to what I have!