RCI orders, yes, a 6th Oasis class ship!

JAMESCC

35 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

No kidding.  The sound of it is something quite atrocious.  😉

LOL!   And if you say it loud enough, you’ll always sound precocious ....

Oh, and Julie Andrews would have to be the Godmother.

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

Erik posted this on FB

Future Royal Caribbean Ships

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Spectrum of the Seas (Quantum 4) - April 18, 2019
Odyssey of the Seas (Quantum 5) – Fall 2020

ON ORDER
Oasis 5 – Spring 2021
Project Icon 1 – Q2 2022
Oasis 6 – Fall 2023
Project Icon 2 – Q2 2024

Even oasis 7 for 2025 and 2 more icon ship are planned 

Remember when the Oasis-class was doomed?  It was a massive failure.  It was useless and junk.  No one would ever sail on it.  TRUST US!!!  Like 40 people on an internet message board said so!  It was the biggest waste on the ocean.  Maybe CRAP OF THE SEAS would be a better name?

Yeah.  Those people are in the CC version of witness protection plan now.  They never existed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, poncho1973 said:

Remember when the Oasis-class was doomed?  It was a massive failure.  It was useless and junk.  No one would ever sail on it.  TRUST US!!!  Like 40 people on an internet message board said so!  It was the biggest waste on the ocean.  Maybe CRAP OF THE SEAS would be a better name?

Yeah.  Those people are in the CC version of witness protection plan now.  They never existed.

Royal has a long history of building the largest ships, and multiples of each at that. Proof is in the pudding I suppose.

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Now projected to be larger than Oasis class (by GRT) and by passenger capacity.

E73A4890-CB8D-4FB3-9DEC-57B255A683F5.png

73A41E46-04D9-423B-BF53-80DF95717A4F.png

Huh where did you find that because I thought it was supposed to be bigger than a Quantum class but smaller than an Oasis class. Rumors were 200,000 tons. This is very interesting news.

7 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Huh where did you find that because I thought it was supposed to be bigger than a Quantum class but smaller than an Oasis class. Rumors were 200,000 tons. This is very interesting news.

Lloyd posted the GRT on the icon class thread.  The picture was from the shipyard...I would assume they know what they are building.

The  passenger count is from filings that Royal made to the SEC.

the 200,000 GRT and 5000 pax was only an estimate given by Royal.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I can almost hear the phone call now...

"Hello...trademark office?"

"Yes"

"This is Royal Caribbean, and we'd like to record the following as some new top-secret ship names..."

"OK...what are they?"

"Behemoth of the Seas, Gargantuan of the Seas, Colossal of the Seas, and Ginormous of the Seas."

LONG SILENT PAUSE ON THE PHONE

"Uh...sure...we'll email you the registration forms in 5 minutes - just send it back with those names and your Paypal payment of $500 each to our billing account on our website."

"Great...we want this done quickly...we don't want anyone else to get these special names."

"Ah...OK...but I don't think you have all that much to worry about...as far as anyone else using those names."

"Great...we'll get this done within the hour."

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rsfunk said:

A little off topic here but on the INDY earlier this month - we were told by the NextCruise Manager that the Oasis is coming to Bayonne in 2020 or 2021 (i can't remember which year).  He made mention of it saying they were bringing Central Park to Central Park.

Yes it is available to book now with one of the worst itineraries I have ever seen. For the price they are charging I think I will stay in NY and go to the real Central Park, and a real Broadway Play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yes it is available to book now with one of the worst itineraries I have ever seen. For the price they are charging I think I will stay in NY and go to the real Central Park, and a real Broadway Play.

Same crappy itineraries that Anthem is doing on her 7 day sailings 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

See above posts.  232,500 GRT and 5650 pax

Thanks for posting.  I hadn't heard or seen this.  I was also under the impression Icon was going to be in between Q and O class.  Can't believe they're going to be even bigger!

Just now, voyager70 said:

Thanks for posting.  I hadn't heard or seen this.  I was also under the impression Icon was going to be in between Q and O class.  Can't believe they're going to be even bigger!

The initial estimates did place her between Oasis and Quantum class, this is relatively new information.  

Dont forget there are different measurements of “bigness”.  GRT is interior volume, so it’s possible for the new ship to be shorter or narrower than Oasis yet still have a larger GRT due to the open areas of Central Park and Boardwalk.

She’ll still be pretty damn big though with a lot of PAX 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The initial estimates did place her between Oasis and Quantum class, this is relatively new information.  

Dont forget there are different measurements of “bigness”.  GRT is interior volume, so it’s possible for the new ship to be shorter or narrower than Oasis yet still have a larger GRT due to the open areas of Central Park and Boardwalk.

She’ll still be pretty damn big though with a lot of PAX 

Wonder if it will be a "stretched" version of Q class like they did with Freedom class, a combination of Q and O class or something totally different.  Will be interesting when details start coming out.

Just now, voyager70 said:

Wonder if it will be a "stretched" version of Q class like they did with Freedom class, a combination of Q and O class or something totally different.  Will be interesting when details start coming out.

Looking forward to see what new they come up with.  I would expect something different than what we’ve seen so far.  

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same crappy itineraries that Anthem is doing on her 7 day sailings 

I’m doing the 9 day on Anthem. The only time I want to be in Florida for a cruise is to board a ship. The 7 day itineraries are good for families with young children. Easy beach days. That ship has sailed for us. Pun intended.

Edited by Iamcruzin

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I’m doing the 9 day on Anthem. The only time I want to be in Florida for a cruise is to board a ship. The 7 day itineraries are good for families with young children. Easy beach days. That ship has sailed for us. Pun intended.

After a couple years of saying I wasn’t going to do that 7 day I broke down and booked one for next March.  Got a heck of a deal and it’s more about the ship anyway.  Timing is such that we will also have 2 full days to spend in NY before the cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rsfunk said:

A little off topic here but on the INDY earlier this month - we were told by the NextCruise Manager that the Oasis is coming to Bayonne in 2020 or 2021 (i can't remember which year).  He made mention of it saying they were bringing Central Park to Central Park.

I’m not sure if there’s a way to retrofit the Oasis but as is I don’t think she fits under the Verrazano bridge. VZ is 228 above waterline and Oasis is 236 (according to google) I remember hearing this rumor years ago 

Edited by Nyc2tropics

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

After a couple years of saying I wasn’t going to do that 7 day I broke down and booked one for next March.  Got a heck of a deal and it’s more about the ship anyway.  Timing is such that we will also have 2 full days to spend in NY before the cruise.

Well NY is the best port on the itinerary so 2 days will be nice for you. DW commutes to Manhattan so unless I meet her after work there is no way I’m getting her back on a weekend so hence we take it for granted.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nyc2tropics said:

I’m not sure if there’s a way to retrofit the Oasis but as is I don’t think she fits under the Verrazano bridge. VZ is is 228 above waterline and Oasis is 336. 

There was an entire thread about this when it was first announced. I think the stack is retractable. 

• Like 1