How long does it take MSC to do a status match?

Nashna

55 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Not 100% up to date but this might give you an idea what you might get.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=384592

The only thing I saw that looked off was HAL 2 star = same as 1 star.  I think I had to have 25 days to get a 2 star. Seems that would be silver.  Notice there is no silver equivalent for HAL. 

Hi

Searched the boards and found this thread from Dec 10th that says things changed in Oct 2018 -highest level match is now Gold.There is also a post by Ate that says the listing levels for other cruise lines/hotels posted previously is obsolete

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2613454-msc-status-match-for-existing-voyager-club-members/

10 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

The only thing I saw that looked off was HAL 2 star = same as 1 star.  I think I had to have 25 days to get a 2 star. Seems that would be silver.  Notice there is no silver equivalent for HAL. 

The higher NCL ones don't come out so high now NCL platinum now only matches gold.

Most of the other levels are ok, it's just NCL brought out 2 new levels.

Edited by ziggyuk

Great News!  I got my Gold status.  The first screen shot did not transmit well.  I received an e-mail from MSC requesting me to resubmit on Wednesday.  I submitted it again and heard back the next day.  The whole process took about a week.  I did notice when I resubmitted the form that there is an acknowledgement of the receipt which you can see if you just move down the page.  After I logged into my Voyager Club account, I was unable to link my cruise.  I called MSC and a very nice person was able to link it for me.  I'm a happy camper!

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

Great News!  I got my Gold status.  The first screen shot did not transmit well.  I received an e-mail from MSC requesting me to resubmit on Wednesday.  I submitted it again and heard back the next day.  The whole process took about a week.  I did notice when I resubmitted the form that there is an acknowledgement of the receipt which you can see if you just move down the page.  After I logged into my Voyager Club account, I was unable to link my cruise.  I called MSC and a very nice person was able to link it for me.  I'm a happy camper!

Congratulations! I note that you had problems linking the account to your cruise. I have the same problem and spent 20 minutes with msc IT department this am who did not know how to do this, the supervisor didn't know and told me to call Monday. I'm glad there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel reading your post. I must say MSC has the worst website and the worst IT people. 

I really lucked out.  The woman I spoke with tried a few things, then said that she would need my e-mail address and password.  Once she got in, she found the problem and fixed it in just a minute.  My husband had called a few days earlier and wasn't able to link his up.  He was put on hold while they tried to fix it; then disconnected.  He was so frustrated.  He is going to try again in a few days.  The hold music has to be the worst I have heard.  Silence is better.  

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

I really lucked out.  The woman I spoke with tried a few things, then said that she would need my e-mail address and password.  Once she got in, she found the problem and fixed it in just a minute.  My husband had called a few days earlier and wasn't able to link his up.  He was put on hold while they tried to fix it; then disconnected.  He was so frustrated.  He is going to try again in a few days.  The hold music has to be the worst I have heard.  Silence is better.  

I agree. Lol. Trying now and about to hang up. I'll suggest the email and password. 

Update...My DH called on Sunday and got a great guy.  At first he said to call back and the IT Department would take care of it on Monday.  Then, we started talking about the horrible hold music and he offered to try again.  He also said that they had been having big IT issues with the links.  He got the Voyager Account and DH's booking linked in just a few minutes.   Problem solved! 

Called last night and we were linked to gold due to our emerald status on rccl. Apparently there are a lot of big problems with linking reservations. Guy said that they have no idea when it will be fixed.  People complained when royal opened their new website. This is the worst I've ever seen. 

I already signed up for a number previously and added them to. mmy booking. Then I submitted the applications online for our Gold match to NCL. If I already created a number will this cause me issues? I used same email address for both so it should become obvious to them its the same 

Will Gold give us gold on MSC? What will it take to get to Platinum on MSC? Were 17 nights out of Platinum for NCL (which is really 8.5 with their usual 2 for 1s). Thing is I dont see us spending much time with them anymore. 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:31 AM, emmas gran said:

Hi

Searched the boards and found this thread from Dec 10th that says things changed in Oct 2018 -highest level match is now Gold.There is also a post by Ate that says the listing levels for other cruise lines/hotels posted previously is obsolete

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2613454-msc-status-match-for-existing-voyager-club-members/

As per my previous post the top level now is Gold, all the people migrating from other lines so they changed it. 

10 hours ago, emmas gran said:

As per my previous post the top level now is Gold, all the people migrating from other lines so they changed it. 

I'm glad I did it now rather than wait until end of Nov when I turn diamond on rccl. I'm just happy they offer this to first time msc cruisers! Now if they could.just.link.my.booking.to.my.account..... I have 10 months but am not always patient. 

On 2/23/2019 at 2:31 AM, emmas gran said:

Hi

I submitted a status match last week based on my Azamara LCV status, and was granted black status on MSC.

It took me a week....Not sure what Gold gets me, but, whatever...

Welcome David,

To the MSC Voyagers Club.  You are now a Gold card member and your number is 2XXXXXX.  Enjoy all your exclusive benefits right away, on your first cruise (No, it ain't) with MSC Cruises; just don’t forget to communicate your Club number at the time of booking.

As a reminder, the Status Match is a one-time courtesy to allow our guests to join us at a higher level than they might otherwise be able to.  Once you’ve been matched, we’re not able to change your level by matching you again, but every cruise you take with us, as well as your on-board spending will add points to your account and increase or maintain your level.  Simply cruise with us once every 3 years, to retain your points.

Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises.  We look forward to welcoming you a board in the very near future.

Regards,

MSC Voyagers Clu

Took us forever and constant badgering on the phone. I agree that the only way to get an instant result is to talk to a voyager club rep as there was no sort of acknowledgement to either the completion of the application form or to any emails. 🙄