Post-Revolution Removal of Convertible Sofa Beds

MightyMike

I was checking in to my post-revolution cruise on the Summit when I noticed that the room capacity of my Sweet Sixteen cabin changed from 4 to 3. Luckily, there are just 3 of us so that is no problem.

I compared the pre-revolution and post-revolution deck plans of the Summit and noticed that lots of other cabins also lost their convertible sofa bed--particularly those with an upper berth. 

Has anyone here had their room changed because of this? It looks like it is becoming more difficult for a family of 4 to find a room on post-revolution M-class ships.

Pre-Revolution Deck 6.png

Post-Revolution Deck 6.png

1 hour ago, MightyMike said:

I was checking in to my post-revolution cruise on the Summit when I noticed that the room capacity of my Sweet Sixteen cabin changed from 4 to 3. Luckily, there are just 3 of us so that is no problem.

I compared the pre-revolution and post-revolution deck plans of the Summit and noticed that lots of other cabins also lost their convertible sofa bed--particularly those with an upper berth. 

Has anyone here had their room changed because of this? It looks like it is becoming more difficult for a family of 4 to find a room on post-revolution M-class ships.

Was just thinking about this..

I suspect there are a couple of things that drive this--1-- it means parties  of 4 will need 2 staterooms instead of packing into 1 with a sofa bed , 2-- Celebrity added staterooms (AQ and interiors) and so perhaps it has to do with capacity/limits? 

Did they do away with the drop down from ceiling/fold down bunks from walls? Not sure how prevalent they were on X

I for one am going to miss the longer sofa for lounging on it or seating --- 

58 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Was just thinking about this..

I suspect there are a couple of things that drive this--1-- it means parties  of 4 will need 2 staterooms instead of packing into 1 with a sofa bed , 2-- Celebrity added staterooms (AQ and interiors) and so perhaps it has to do with capacity/limits? 

Did they do away with the drop down from ceiling/fold down bunks from walls? Not sure how prevalent they were on X

I for one am going to miss the longer sofa for lounging on it or seating --- 

My sense is that it has to do with the new beds being bigger. I continually see photos of the the Millie where the new chairs are smack up against everything else so there wouldn't be room for anything larger than the new chair that's there. The only way to confirm that would be measurements of the new beds vs the beds on pre-revolutionized ships on either class. Also the new nightstands could be slighter larger, so if all the new bed related furniture is slightly larger, then the chair would have to be smaller than the older ones. Just my thought on this.

3 hours ago, MightyMike said:

The pdf fleet guide will help with that question

At the very bottom they show the changes in number of 2 Pax, 3 Pax and 4 Pax.   Basically the ship has a maximum capacity (controlled by things like the number of emergency tenders).   By adding extra rooms they have had to limit the occupancy of certain rooms to get down to the maximum passenger load. 

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

• Like 1

Even for the same size and class of room, only half of them can accommodate more than two people. We booked two state rooms on the exactly opposite sides of the ship with the same class and size. One sleeps 4 including one on the upper berth and one on the sofa. The other one sleeps two only.

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The pdf fleet guide will help with that question

At the very bottom they show the changes in number of 2 Pax, 3 Pax and 4 Pax.   Basically the ship has a maximum capacity (controlled by things like the number of emergency tenders).   By adding extra rooms they have had to limit the occupancy of certain rooms to get down to the maximum passenger load. 

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Thanks for the very interesting chart..