REFRESHMENT PACKAGE WATER

CapeGal

Why is it if we are allowed bottled still water OR sparkling water, when you go to get a bottle of water, they just give you brand X water?  I have only once been given Evian (and was shocked to get it). I guess you have to specifically ask for sparkling or a brand name?

23 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

Why is it if we are allowed bottled still water OR sparkling water, when you go to get a bottle of water, they just give you brand X water?  I have only once been given Evian (and was shocked to get it). I guess you have to specifically ask for sparkling or a brand name?

Sparkling water seems to be San Pellegrino on all our cruises.  Unfortunately, the bottled still water is no longer spring water, it is just purified water now.  If they start using Dasani, we will stop buying refreshment packages, that stuff has a weird taste.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOSKI said:

Different ships have different still water so there isn't really a choice.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but howdy, neighbor!  Ebensburg, PA, here.  Doesn't this weather make you wish you were on a cruise right now?!

36 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but howdy, neighbor!  Ebensburg, PA, here.  Doesn't this weather make you wish you were on a cruise right now?!

Hey neighbor, I tried to PM you here but it wouldn't work.  This weather makes me want to cruise plan. 

My thought as a business model, it's cheaper to give you purified water rather than Evian or Pelligrino.  I just ask for premium water and I get whatever that is for the ship.  Most times it's been Evian, but if I just ask for bottled water, I get the purified water with my drink package.

12 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

My thought as a business model, it's cheaper to give you purified water rather than Evian or Pelligrino.  I just ask for premium water and I get whatever that is for the ship.  Most times it's been Evian, but if I just ask for bottled water, I get the purified water with my drink package.

So to get this right there is a difference between how you ask for the water?

May I have a Premium Water?

Vs

May I have a bottle of Water?

Is this like asking for a brand in your mixed drink?

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sparkling water seems to be San Pellegrino on all our cruises.  Unfortunately, the bottled still water is no longer spring water, it is just purified water now.  If they start using Dasani, we will stop buying refreshment packages, that stuff has a weird taste.

Its because it has ingredients like salt in it. First time I've seen bottled water with ingredients listed on the label. 

But it's not likely to happen. Coke charges something like 2 to 1 for Dasani to its resellers over what they can buy spring or purified for. They probably won't discount it enough for Royal to ever go exclusive. 

20 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

So I don't have to accept just brand X bottled water? I can ask for Evian for example and get it as part of the Refreshment package?  I would assume that to change that they would have to be more specific to deny you a premium water brand.

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

For the most part I feel bottle water is bottle water - whether spring or purified either is fine.  But I agree Dasani is just weird - never understood why the felt the need to add things to it or why anyone would drink it.

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

For the most part I feel bottle water is bottle water - whether spring or purified either is fine.  But I agree Dasani is just weird - never understood why the felt the need to add things to it or why anyone would drink it.

Water takes on the taste of the additives. There is a website dedicated to different types of waters and recipes for minerals to add to it to get a specific taste.

It's all H2O....water.  Your body only needs those 2 things...hydrogen and oxygen, made into a liquid.  Your body doesn't care if it's from a "spring", a tap,  or a cactus....honestly.  It's all the same thing.  So is what the ship uses for your food, drinks and ice!  H2O

4 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

It's all H2O....water.  Your body only needs those 2 things...hydrogen and oxygen, made into a liquid.  Your body doesn't care if it's from a "spring", a tap,  or a cactus....honestly.  It's all the same thing.  So is what the ship uses for your food, drinks and ice!  H2O

Gosh! I'm not asking for the WATER I'm asking for getting what I pay for. If I want another water brand than just Brand X (purified) vs Spring can I get it without paying extra for it. No reason to get in a tizzy. 

5 hours ago, KelJ said:

Fellow neighbor from Hollidayburg, PA here...   We are heading to the airport Friday to head off for our first cruise on RCL....   we can pick you up on the way through!  

And just to make sure with the unlimited drink package I can pick up waters along the way to keep in my cabin and take off the boat, right?    

1 hour ago, Sstoehr12 said:

Fellow neighbor from Hollidayburg, PA here...   We are heading to the airport Friday to head off for our first cruise on RCL....   we can pick you up on the way through!  

And just to make sure with the unlimited drink package I can pick up waters along the way to keep in my cabin and take off the boat, right?    

Yes neighbor you can.  Hubby and I would grab one each on our way back to the cabin to have them there and to take off the ship. 

• Thanks 1

It does say sparkling water is included so would that be the San Pelligrino? We drink the bottled water they give out and don’t have a problem with it, but if someone prefers the sparkling water would it be the San Pelligrino? (Inquiring minds, LOL)

8 minutes ago, rkkunk said:

It does say sparkling water is included so would that be the San Pelligrino? We drink the bottled water they give out and don’t have a problem with it, but if someone prefers the sparkling water would it be the San Pelligrino? (Inquiring minds, LOL)

Yes, we have only received San Pellegrino when we have asked for sparkling water.

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Funny, I was glad to see them get rid of the spring water. To me.. spring water has a weird taste. I personally am glad it is now purified water, as that is what I drink at home.

9 hours ago, rkkunk said:

Might be, might not be.  No guarantee.

16 hours ago, Sstoehr12 said:

Small world.  Yes, pick me up on your way!  I always have a bag packed.

With the ultimate drink package, you can get bottles of water at any bar.  Most of the time, I wasn't even asked to show my card.

Have a great trip!

• Thanks 1