Love my cocacola cup!

jean-lynd

14 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

We brought our own straws!

I always get my adult kids and wives a joke Christmas gift.  Last Christmas i gave them a box of 500 individually wrapped black straws.  Came in a four pack so I still have a thousand in the closet. Won't be a joke in a few years, especialy here in  whacked out Socialst California .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I always get my adult kids and wives a joke Christmas gift.  Last Christmas i gave them a box of 500 individually wrapped black straws.  Came in a four pack so I still have a thousand in the closet. Won't be a joke in a few years, especialy here in  whacked out Socialst California .

Don’t feel bad.  Colorado is becoming Caifornicated.  Otherwise known as Calirado here.

1 hour ago, jean-lynd said:

We brought our own straws!

Random question... is your straw a regular sized straw or the taller version? We have straws on our packing list. 

And another random question...  do the cups only come in one color per sailing? Or can you get different colors so that I know which drink is mine and not mine. 

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Boblovespikachu said:

Random question... is your straw a regular sized straw or the taller version? We have straws on our packing list. 

And another random question...  do the cups only come in one color per sailing? Or can you get different colors so that I know which drink is mine and not mine. 

Thanks!

I can’t answer the straw question. But there are a variety of cup designs. We are a family of three and have always been given a different design for each person.

• Thanks 1

In the cruises I've been on from 2013-2018, I've always seen 3-4 different color styles available, but usually I'll get two of the same color in my room (pre-purchased packages have the cup in your room on boarding; purchases on board hand you the cup when you purchase).  

I just leave a cup in the shrink-wrap and take it to one of the tables selling the package and exchange it for a different color. Never been a problem.

And yes, I was very disappointed that the new style (pictured in this thread) isn't dishwasher-friendly (the bottom bubbled out so it's not flat anymore and tips over if not in a cupholder).  Previous styles have stood up to dishwasher heat, but the new ones don't.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Boblovespikachu said:

Thanks!

My straw was normal size bendy straw. If I stretched out the bendy part it would reach the bottom.

I only saw 2 colors on our sailing. There was only 1 in our cabin so we had to go ask for the second one.

Edited by jean-lynd
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

My straw was normal size bendy straw. If I stretched out the bendy part it would reach the bottom.

I only saw 2 colors on our sailing. There was only 1 in our cabin so we had to go ask for the second one.

Thank you!  I always bring a yeti cup with a straw/lid to always have cold water but will have these automatically with the drink package so will use it for the  adult beverages 🙂  

A couple years ago my wife sold a box of 20 or so on Craigslist, I think for 10 bucks.   Luckily they met her nearby and she didn't have to burn any gas to make the big sale:classic_biggrin:

They're not bad cups, but we leave them on the ship now - take up too much room to bring home.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:15 PM, jean-lynd said:

This is my cup on the beach in costa maya. Keeps my " Sexy on the Costa Maya " nice and cold and the ice doesn't melt and water down my drink!

20190222_130154.jpg

That's the one I have and I love it just for the size at the bottom, fits all my car cups!  But alas, the seal has begun to leak after a year, I'm taking it on Vision next month to see if they'll trade me out.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

A couple years ago my wife sold a box of 20 or so on Craigslist, I think for 10 bucks.   Luckily they met her nearby and she didn't have to burn any gas to make the big sale:classic_biggrin:

They're not bad cups, but we leave them on the ship now - take up too much room to bring home.

That's what I'm planning - use on board but leave behind!  We used to take all the cups home, including the cute little shot ones they brought around in the MDR for after dinner - because as one always does on vacation, you think you may want them at home lol.  Pitched them after finding them in a box not holding up well with no regrets!