MSC Seaview Measles Outbreak.

sidari

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

WOW!! That would freak lots of people out. The article sounded like all passengers were forced to get vacinnated since it says all passengers and crew were vaccinated. I know people who are 100% against vaccinations- I wonder what they would have done onboard?

Maybe they would change their minds when they realised why we do get vaccinated🤷‍♂️

Both couples 100% believe the research that connects vaccines with Autism. In other words, Each blames their kids Autism on vaccines. 

Whether I agree or not, There is absolutely no changing their mind. If they were on the ship I have no idea what would have happened. 

Well, if they were adults, it's too late to become autistic from the vaccine...

But suspect they might have had it as children, anyway.  There might have been a lot of passengers who have never been vaccinated, I know I never was. When  the vaccine (MMR) was licensed I was already in college.  In fact, by that time I was in nursing school.  I had rubeola, courtesy of my sister.  Never had rubella or mumps, although my sister brought both home fron first grade.  Both our parents caught it, I never had a clinical case but do have positive titers.  So if a lot of passengers are over 70, they might never have been vaccinated.  Or might have had the disease.  But there are probably a lot of locals onboard who might also not have been vaccinated.  We don't know what the standards are in South America and when they were put in place.  Ahhh...epidemiology...EM

• Like 2

Answer is if you are nervous, get the vaccine. I just finished the hep A 2 shot series in September since there are increased cases reported in my area. I work as a nurse checking school age vaccine requirements with children from a lot of countries so I am a little biased towards the importance of vaccines. Other countries in south America and Mexico actually do require vaccines for school but the adults over 30 may be a different story. I also know Nigeria, Zimbabwe, and Kenya follow an immunization schedule.

How would passengers be able to prove that they had the vaccine in the middle of a cruise? I know that I had one or two shots for MMR as a young child and then in 1988 when I was around 15 and moved to New Jersey I had to have the shot again in order to enter the NJ school system. I’m not sure if it was because my mother had no proof of my prior immunization or if they just made a blanket requirement to all new students if the immunization had been more than 10 years prior or something; I know there had been an outbreak in that area of NJ right before the time I entered the school. Now I know this was the last time I was immunized but I have no records of that. If I couldn’t prove that and was on that ship would I be forced to get the shot again?

I have all my shoots records since I started traveling in 1974 and I travel with them. It's just something that I made a conscious effort to keep up to date. 

I did have a MMR booster some years ago when updating other immunizations as I didn't have a record of my school age shots.

It would be interesting to know whether isolation was offered as an alternative to the shipboard vaccinations.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:24 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

WOW!! That would freak lots of people out. The article sounded like all passengers were forced to get vacinnated since it says all passengers and crew were vaccinated. I know people who are 100% against vaccinations- I wonder what they would have done onboard?

Overboard?

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, Essiesmom said:

Many crew members come from countries where it may not be mandatory/customary/available to be vaccinated.  But one might suppose that the cruise lines might make it a condition of employment... EM

In Italy the vaccionation is at its lowest point...because people tend to believe their facebook bubble better than their doctor! Stupid people...

Actually, you hear less and less about immunizations and a link to Autism as more and more cases of children who are not immunized are still getting diagnosed with Autism.  I personally know of 4, just in my friend circle.  The “research” is slowly getting debunked.

13 hours ago, Shidah said:

Actually, you hear less and less about immunizations and a link to Autism as more and more cases of children who are not immunized are still getting diagnosed with Autism.  I personally know of 4, just in my friend circle.  The “research” is slowly getting debunked.

Slowly?

it has been debunked for  years, even by the author himself!

some complete idiots still believe wacko’s on youtube over science, but hey, these same people are also probably the ones claiming the Earth is flat. 

Unfortunately, you find these retards even at the top of some Governments, something even more baffling.

sorry for speaking my mind.