Bliss / Live / Solo - March 2-9, 2019 ​

EganFire

2 hours ago, EganFire said:

I agree however I think they should do it as a bid or lottery system. The current system only allows the first 30 or so people to get it. This Caused fights and stress. If they allowed a bid/lottery system I believe they would actually make more money and provide a better experience than the current method. But that is just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, agreed. NCL needs a better system, so that people do not fight. Definitely not a great way to start a vacation, IMO. 

2 hours ago, EganFire said:

I agree however I think they should do it as a bid or lottery system. The current system only allows the first 30 or so people to get it. This Caused fights and stress. If they allowed a bid/lottery system I believe they would actually make more money and provide a better experience than the current method. But that is just my $0.02

As someone who has not sailed NCL, I don’t know what Vibe passes are (what’s Vibe, for that matter?). What exactly does the coveted $209 pass buy you?

1 minute ago, blarko said:

As someone who has not sailed NCL, I don’t know what Vibe passes are (what’s Vibe, for that matter?). What exactly does the coveted $209 pass buy you?

I was wondering that myself as I've never sailed on NCL yet too. But it appears to be an adults only area. Looks like they have daily and weekly pass prices.

" The Vibe Beach Club on Norwegian Cruise Line is an exclusive space for adults 18 and over. Although the location varies by ship, each club manages to achieve a quiet, laid-back atmosphere and the feeling of being worlds away. Passengers who snag access are pampered with padded loungers, whirlpools and sweeping ocean views -- and stay refreshed with complimentary chilled towels, fruit skewers, water spritzers and a bar serving up a wide range of cocktails. "

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2705

• Like 1

Before this cruise is over I’ll do a full review of the Vibe. Pros. Cons. Pictures. I promise.

b46d960df4a22c0270f6a4d1944dd888.jpg

Here was my morning view. Bloody Mary and fruit water at the Vibe.

Today’s weather was beautiful. The ships captain reported it at 76 degrees.

I attended our meet and mingle at noon. It was the District Brewhouse. We met some of the top officers. Played a get to know you game. And chatted.

Today I Spent most of the day resting and soaking in the views and sounds of Vitamin Sea. With a few drinks thrown in.

1912894e0fc2ad8bd50439f22e26cd93.jpg

Bahama Mama

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EganFire said:

Before this cruise is over I’ll do a full review of the Vibe. Pros. Cons. Pictures. I promise.

b46d960df4a22c0270f6a4d1944dd888.jpg

Here was my morning view. Bloody Mary and fruit water at the Vibe.

Today’s weather was beautiful. The ships captain reported it at 76 degrees.

I attended our meet and mingle at noon. It was the District Brewhouse. We met some of the top officers. Played a get to know you game. And chatted.

Today I Spent most of the day resting and soaking in the views and sounds of Vitamin Sea. With a few drinks thrown in.

1912894e0fc2ad8bd50439f22e26cd93.jpg

Bahama Mama

Thanks so much for your detailed reporting! When you do your review of the Vibe, can you please include whether or not there are cabanas for rent for the week, similar to the Getaway. Or if it's like the Escape where no cabanas are available. Thanks! Have a great time 🙂

Day 2 at sea (yesterday) continued.

This is how main pool looked
f57b1815b5049cf0416e3a0c4e5edd22.jpg
It was absolutely a beautiful day at sea.

I then attended the Solo meeting. They meet nightly at 5 PM. This is the lounge that the Studio rooms have access to.

15082a63f01f7495384d41eb69d260f0.jpg
72e66317f2adb878fc6af402e59b2478.jpg
e18818449df456f87d0b9bfe4e21cbea.jpg

The solo meeting had about 40+ people in attendance. Single travelers are also welcome to attend these meetings. As suspected the singles group I had heard about attending were about half of the group. The group ranged from 20-60 year olds. Everyone chatted about cruising and some went to dinner together.

I had a speciality dining reservation for Los Lobos (more on another post soon).

de34fb0a901246f07059915e4fd4dac5.jpg

• Like 1

On my AK cruise this past summer I made the mistake of eating all you can crab in port for lunch the night I ate at Los Lobos. So this time I ate a very light lunch to go in hungry.

Sadly. I could not even finish half of the food I ordered. The apps are the size of entrees.

5c567cbebc947aa28635399af2fb0a96.jpg
ba4a9569a533b419e218928e40aea48b.jpg
ea8f29056436a5d8830c35000a4a4164.jpg
5bbe4ff0023a89c6008236fe06f581a7.jpg
9e3cea7ba4d0fccfdcf463734a0dfdb6.jpg

I am full again just looking at these pictures. It seriously is a ton of food. It was also very delicious. All of it. My server was great. They also have outside seating available if you rather that.

Only one or two people gave me the “look” while I sat alone eating. Not sure it was one of the looks before or a look of wow that’s a lot of food for one person. Again either way I just smiled and made them wonder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 3 at Sea

Today is much more windy than yesterday. It still is beautiful but just really windy.

The Vibe pictures and review:

This is a private limited membership access area. It’s towards the front of the ship on deck 18. The Haven area is just ahead of it and actually has a connecting door to the area.

You have to have your card programmed for access and the staff keeps and eye out for those who did not pay the cost for entry.

It has a hot tub 91f1caa205c62de57f7775100f231886.jpg

A variety of seat options.

76350ca3d03fef1f57bc3c836d9e368a.jpg

9c479842af2e8ae101973b1fe35b46da.jpg

Cabanas that can be purchased for an additional cost

a168af27c5d0eeec1f31cd5ad8737a2e.jpgb4fa27feac4ce9731b4fe9de9be8a000.jpg

A bar

fd39602cb0bc200abe3f09a955577b6d.jpg

The extras include:

No kids

No music

Quiet. No games or contests

Seating usually better than you will find elsewhere

A staff that works hard for you

And little extra touches like towels, iced towels to cool off and cookies or fruit delivered to you where you sit. (These just show up at usually the right time).

8872aba0b42115abfaa45acbc181e2e4.jpg

The cons:

I have met some amazing people here in the Vibe but it’s the same people every day. So if a group you don’t like is here they will be here every day. Luckily I have not seen anything bad or anyone acting badly. But if one existed I think it could ruin the experience.

The biggest con is the method in which we have to fight to get access. Once that is fixed it will only get better.

I am glad I did this for this cruise. The weather is great but I also sadly have to do some reading/studying for a test at work as soon as I’m back. Not sure I really will get a lot done but at least it’s a better view.

72409424d4d02b23a5bb8cd8d29d34a0.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EganFire said:

Day 3 at Sea

Today is much more windy than yesterday. It still is beautiful but just really windy.

The Vibe pictures and review:

This is a private limited membership access area. It’s towards the front of the ship on deck 18. The Haven area is just ahead of it and actually has a connecting door to the area.

You have to have your card programmed for access and the staff keeps and eye out for those who did not pay the cost for entry.

It has a hot tub 91f1caa205c62de57f7775100f231886.jpg

A variety of seat options.

76350ca3d03fef1f57bc3c836d9e368a.jpg

9c479842af2e8ae101973b1fe35b46da.jpg

Cabanas that can be purchased for an additional cost

a168af27c5d0eeec1f31cd5ad8737a2e.jpgb4fa27feac4ce9731b4fe9de9be8a000.jpg

A bar

fd39602cb0bc200abe3f09a955577b6d.jpg

The extras include:

No kids

No music

Quiet. No games or contests

Seating usually better than you will find elsewhere

A staff that works hard for you

And little extra touches like towels, iced towels to cool off and cookies or fruit delivered to you where you sit. (These just show up at usually the right time).

8872aba0b42115abfaa45acbc181e2e4.jpg

The cons:

I have met some amazing people here in the Vibe but it’s the same people every day. So if a group you don’t like is here they will be here every day. Luckily I have not seen anything bad or anyone acting badly. But if one existed I think it could ruin the experience.

The biggest con is the method in which we have to fight to get access. Once that is fixed it will only get better.

I am glad I did this for this cruise. The weather is great but I also sadly have to do some reading/studying for a test at work as soon as I’m back. Not sure I really will get a lot done but at least it’s a better view.

72409424d4d02b23a5bb8cd8d29d34a0.jpg

I was in Vibe on the Bliss a couple of months ago, and there was no mention of an extra charge for the cabanas... It was just first come, first served...

I was in Vibe on the Bliss a couple of months ago, and there was no mention of an extra charge for the cabanas... It was just first come, first served...

I have not seen anyone kicked from one. But the couple ahead of me paying for it in the Social upgraded to one and were assigned a number. I did not catch what the additional charge was.

Thanks for the great pic's & review.  We've never been on the Bliss - your pictures are a great selling tool...
Good Luck on your test, when you return to reality...  You're going to Ace it!

Thank you. The Bliss is certainly a beautiful ship and offers quite a few options for most if not all style of travelers.

In an effort for probably several goals including the stopping or reducing of people reserving chairs and the cruise line losing money from towel thief’s. NCL has started to assign you towels in your cabin and a note says if not returned at the end of the cruise you will be charged $25. Also you can get towels at the pool but they are also added to your room by your card

I never bought or thought I needed towel chair clips but I will certainly after this cruise.

0550fdb2c855f842c1a3e72e0f271126.jpg

They come in a variety of styles and colors. I even saw one that looked like Nemo.

Not sure it’s reducing people holding chairs but the clips will certainly reduce your towel flying away in the wind causing you to run it down like a mad man. (Or so I have heard.... lol)

Amazon will be delivering clips to me on my return I am sure.

Loving the review so far! Long time lurker here, heading out on Breakaway next week.
Considering doing Live review, wondering if that's too many too close together?

I say go for it but be warned. If you use the posting title style I have. You will need to pay Sid a $10 royalty fee. Right Sid_9169??

• Like 4

For those following the bar challenge. Yesterday I hit 5 more. Leaving 5 left. Now I also got the outside location of sugarcane and will do the same for cavern.

So of the now 19 on the list I have 6 left.

The ones left to do include atrium, mixx, skyline, margaritaville, horizon, and interior cavern.

I’m not sure if I will get the haven but there is still time on this cruise. Maybe someone will help.

65c8b44d5e77d1c05b7b734b3f6b0713.jpg

My problem is I also keep ending up at the district brew house.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EganFire said:

I say go for it but be warned. If you use the posting title style I have. You will need to pay Sid a $10 royalty fee. Right Sid_9169??

Maybe this is how he's gonna fund that next cruise!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, EganFire said:

I have officially patented and trademarked the title configuration of: Ship name / Live / Solo... Everything else is free game...

• Like 2