Bliss / Live / Solo - March 2-9, 2019 ​

EganFire

I am making myself a little challenge for this cruise. Especially after I went without a single drink for Feb 29, 30 and 31 this year.

The challenge I have tasked myself with is as follows: To purchase, and consume, at least one drink from each of the bars on The Bliss. This will be at least 17 - 19 bars.

The minimum required list does not include every bar in every restaurant; however, if I do get into the Restaurant then I will also add them to the list as I go.

The minimum location list: The Bars of Bliss List:

Atrium Bar (Deck 6)
Mixx Bar (Deck 6)
Social Comedy & Night Club (Deck 6)
Skyline Bar (Deck 7)
The Local (deck 7)
Maltings Whiskey Bar (Deck 8)
The A-List Bar (Deck 8)
The Cavern Club (Deck 8)
The Cellars Wine Bar (Deck 8)
The District Brew House (Deck 8)
Sugarcane Mojito Bar (Deck 8)
Observation Lounge (Deck 15)
Waves Pool Bar (Deck 16)
Surf Bar (Deck 16)
Margaritaville (Deck 17)
Spice H2O (Deck 17)
Horizon Lounge (Deck 17,18)

This has no bar - but it does have a bartender some evenings (I will still count this one - making the minimum count at 17)
*Studio Lounge (Deck 11)

Bonus / Extra bars that will be added if access is obtained:
(These two are special access only - maybe I will find a way to get a drink from them at some point, maybe at the M&M I can sweet talk one of the officers to help)
**The Haven Lounge (Deck 17)
**Vibe Beach Club (Deck 19)

The following are not on the challenge, but I will count them as I eat (and of course DRINK) at them:
Restaurants:
Los Lobos
Food Republic
Teppanyaki
Cagneys
La Cucina
Q
Garden Cafe

Savor MDR, Taste MDR, and or the Manhattan Room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So. I decided to try something this morning. The mission. Get the Vibe.

I left the hotel in an Uber at just before 830.

532227a163733200fcdabea5254f9ab7.jpg

I walked up to terminal C at 841 AM

I was #17 in line. By the time the doors opened at 9 AM I somehow was #28.

In the security screen area they have 22 seats. Apparently they are high commodity. People running. Screaming. This one is open. This one is taken. I didn’t even try for one.

At 945 they started screening people. Apparently the seats go first. Never mind that I was #1 in the rope line.

I was through checkin by 952. And headed upstairs.

d5e183fd31f634220203d89c47244c75.jpg

This is when things get extra interesting. I found where to be for the onslaught of entry. And sat my backpack down about 8 chairs from the rope.

I went to the bathroom and when I returned it was now moved to chair 20. So I decided I’ll just stand again at the rope. So I picked up my bag and waited.

Then port management said no standing. Must be seated. Well now all the “good” seats were taken.

Anyway. Long long long story short. Guess what I ended up with.

9f5773fb06d18b2f71841919e15a2f06.jpg

Anyway. I barely made it. The line was cut just a few people behind me. The listed price of $129 was also now $209. No one left the line.

Interesting situation. People pushing. Shoving. Yelling this one cut line. Moving peoples bags. And all to end up together in an exclusive section of the ship together for a week.

Glad I didn’t get involved with the yelling. This is a vacation folks. Let’s all have a drink and an amazing week together.

Now to find some food and several drinks.

• Haha 1

Loving your report.  We are in the Bliss March 16.  So excited you got Vibe passes.  I really want to get them as well but to clarify are you saying they are now  $209?

Yes. Well at least for this cruise. We all paid $209.

46 minutes ago, EganFire said:

I am making myself a little challenge for this cruise. Especially after I went without a single drink for Feb 29, 30 and 31 this year.

The challenge I have tasked myself with is as follows: To purchase, and consume, at least one drink from each of the bars on The Bliss. This will be at least 17 - 19 bars.

I know you can...

I know you can...

I know you can...

Much smaller ship - Johnny & I did a similar challenge on the Jewel  --  it seems if you don't seek every nook & cranny of the ship out then you miss something.  We succeeded w/ our final bar on our final sea day & had the great fortune of coming across one of our previous bartenders from the Norwegian Wind (March 2006)...  He was the Pool Bartender for the Hawaii / Fanning Island Cruise.  We next saw him on our NCL Jewel Transpacific in Oct 2018 in Maltings...  We'd been trying to get a seat @ the Maltings Bar all Cruise (19 Days) & finally succeeded on our final Sea Day.  Simply by chance - walking through the area to get somewhere else & there were 2 seats open.  I sat down waited for John & ordered cocktails.  We were there for a while...

Enjoy the challenge & the beverages - each place will be unique 🙂

image.png.0255ed17aec08b14971b7dd145fd1c79.png

• Like 1

So after getting the Vibe access secured I stopped at The Local for lunch. Ordered a Miller Lite. And got a coors light.

The corn shrimp soup was not good. It tasted ok but I ended up with corn husk in my mouth every spoon full. And only one shrimp. Literally one very little shrimp. You can see it here.

ae1061d87fb4d705a29ccc177771e98b.jpg

I had baked ziti. It was good. I was so hungry I forgot to take a before photo.

743fb572c0c51c61e6c3fa5e4b9f051f.jpg

I booked a few entertainment options on one of the hallway screens. I then wondered the ship awaiting the announcement we could go to the rooms.

For dinner tonight I hate at the MDR. It was yummy. Specialty dining to come in future days.

2068384683dcb6b0e18cab72e36baf96.jpgb913040ddc50c04c3b18e98f70d4f0e3.jpg

I’ll give an update on my drink at each bar challenge tomorrow. Off to hear some piano at the brew house.

b5f80765186e7ecdbd18528bcf1e4c02.jpg

• Like 2

Following...we board the Bliss for its 2nd Cruise of the Alaskan Season on May 12 of this year.  If you are so inclined, wondering if you could confirm which of this MDR are a little more relaxed as far as men’s dress code. DH loves his cargo shorts...also wondering about “theme parties”? Of course we know about the white hot party, but wondering about any other such themes.  I heard an 80’s but not sure if that was a ship thing or a private group thing...

both of of us are on the count down...70 days I think..could be 71, but getting closer than when we booked January of 2018

thank you in advance, have a great trip

If you are so inclined, wondering if you could confirm which of this MDR are a little more relaxed as far as men’s dress code. DH loves his cargo shorts...also wondering about “theme parties”? Of course we know about the white hot party, but wondering about any other such themes.  I heard an 80’s but not sure if that was a ship thing or a private group thing...

Both Taste and Savor are relaxed. I’ll post about any theme parties that take place. At least the ones advertised.

Bar Challenge update:

I have visited and drank in 7 of the 17 main bars and 1 of the 9 what I will call limited access bars. (Restaurants, Vibe, haven....)

b6ca4360a4dfef5453c47f23f702b252.jpg

Brain Killer from both pool bars

92873934d1db9e95e4ce26cdb0009981.jpg

So that is surf and waves. I also visited social, local, district, sugarcane, and spice from the main 17.

e9f228e2ccff73837c3ccc952e574caf.jpg
9cf3bf2f162a1a32044cb37f6bd224ac.jpg

So far the WiFi is working good. (Knock on wood). More to come soon.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, EganFire said:

Yes. Well at least for this cruise. We all paid $209.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Based on the demand, NCL should easily be charging a lot more. The key to running a profitable business is this: Continue raising your prices until the insatiable demand subsides. If demand wanes, lower your prices. Best part: We all have the choice to buy it, or not to buy it. We are all free to choose, and I love that.

Edited by lonzwinery
  • Like 2

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Based on the demand, NCL should easily be charging a lot more. The key to running a profitable business is this: Continue raising your prices until the insatiable demand subsides. If demand wanes, lower your prices. Best part: We all have the choice to buy it, or not to buy it. We are all free to choose, and I love that.

I agree however I think they should do it as a bid or lottery system. The current system only allows the first 30 or so people to get it. This Caused fights and stress. If they allowed a bid/lottery system I believe they would actually make more money and provide a better experience than the current method. But that is just my $0.02