Transfers lax San Pedro

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

We have always done the Princess shuttle in LA. We usually fly in the day of very early (arrive by 9 am latest). 

They check our names off a list, take our luggage except what we are carrying on. Its nice not to have to

worry about luggage and it has always gotten to our cabin before sail away.

Granted there is usually some time to wait. We go to Starbucks and have a muffin and coffee while waiting for time to pass. Usually your the first on the bus around 10:00 am and it makes like 3 more stops in the airport for other cruisers. 

When you get to the port, you grab your stuff and off you go!

It is more costly, but this way Princess knows what flight we are coming in on because I put that information on the personalizer and we have not really felt that it was not done well. 

1 hour ago, Husky61 said:

We always book a town car from LAX to San Pedro.😄

ya now were talkin' . Tried uber once and couldn't fit  ourselves all the baggage in the car.  I rode on the hood.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JEH said:

Super Shuttle  for us also

The last time we took Super Shuttle from LAX to the Pier we had a looooooooong run around journey while they dropped people off here and there at their homes. It took forever. I told my wife I thought maybe we went by way of Ensenada. Never again. Back to Uber for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last time we took Super Shuttle from LAX to the Pier we had a looooooooong run around journey while they dropped people off here and there at their homes. It took forever. I told my wife I thought maybe we went by way of Ensenada. Never again. Back to Uber for us.

Thanks for the heads up we won’t take super shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/1/2019 at 12:59 AM, Thrak said:

Never done a Princess transfer there. Uber is quick, cheap, and reliable.

Hello,

I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what an uber/lyft would run from lax airport to san pedro pier. This will be our first time cruising from San Pedro pier. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, dimiegirl said:

Hello,

I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what an uber/lyft would run from lax airport to san pedro pier. This will be our first time cruising from San Pedro pier. Thank you!

We paid approx $35 around 9:00am.

Fare is based on demand at the time of your request.

31 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I think we will use uber/lyft as that seems very reasonable.

37 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That sounds about right. It seems like it was comparable to Super Shuttle but we didn't have to share a shuttle full of people going here and there. It was just us and our luggage. It's quick and easy whether going from the airport to the cruise port (or hotel) or from the cruise port back to the airport.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

That sounds about right. It seems like it was comparable to Super Shuttle but we didn't have to share a shuttle full of people going here and there. It was just us and our luggage. It's quick and easy whether going from the airport to the cruise port (or hotel) or from the cruise port back to the airport.

And you don't get a peoples home tour with Uber/Lyft.

For all the people talking about Supershuttle taking longer because of the ride being shared- can't you book the direct shuttle? I'm still weighing pros and cons of doing Supershuttle direct vs Uber.. have taken Supershuttle before and also using it to get to the airport in my home city. The website gives you the option for a nonstop ride for just your party. 

Uber and Lyft are cheaper, but I've never used  either of them before so I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it for the first time trying to wrangle my family and suitcases from airport to hotel. Still on the fence about which I should do and which is more reliable. We're actually flying into Long Beach, not LAX.

6 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

For all the people talking about Supershuttle taking longer because of the ride being shared- can't you book the direct shuttle? I'm still weighing pros and cons of doing Supershuttle direct vs Uber.. have taken Supershuttle before and also using it to get to the airport in my home city. The website gives you the option for a nonstop ride for just your party. 

Uber and Lyft are cheaper, but I've never used  either of them before so I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it for the first time trying to wrangle my family and suitcases from airport to hotel. Still on the fence about which I should do and which is more reliable. We're actually flying into Long Beach, not LAX.

UBER or LYFT. 

Do it!  You will be hooked!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, Husky61 said:

We always book a town car from LAX to San Pedro.😄

Same here. The $35 difference in price is nothing compared to the convenience. For an extra $10 our driver met us at Baggage Claim and we never touched our bags until we were in our cabin. A tiny extra cost compared to the cost of the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

UBER or LYFT. 

Do it!  You will be hooked!

How do you do it from an airport? And do they even pick up at Long Beach? I've heard that some airports don't allow Uber pick up, only drop off. 

Do I just order an Uber on my app and then find a designated Uber pick up area?