Charge for second entree?

38 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It appears you've clearly proven that. 🤣

Lmao.....I guess I set myself up for that one.

But really, my wit is for my own enjoyment.

• Haha 2

On 3/3/2019 at 3:29 AM, ditmar2007 said:

I would find it reasonable IF YOU DON'T FINISH THE FIRST.

I hate to see good food wasted because someone feels entitled to try out a lot of food just to see if they like it.

And this is probably the only reason I would order a second entree—because I found the first unpalatable and wanted something different. 

My husband and I took our three teenage grandkids on a cruise last summer.    Even though our grandson is skinny as a rail, he has a tremendous appetite and ordered three entrees at each dinner in RCCL's main dining room.  The waiters were good sports but my husband and I were stunned and decided (privately) that the first time we saw him not finish all three, we would rein him in. Well, maybe this was a young male thing, but he licked his plate clean every night and later said having access to all that good food was one of his favorite parts of the cruise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It appears you've clearly proven that. 🤣

Time for a true confession.  Last year on a cruise...on lobster night...none of the 3 other passengers traveling with me chose to eat their lobster - all vied for something else on the menu. So of course...I had to eat theirs - 4 in total.

There...I said it out loud. 😨 😏

15 hours ago, nelblu said:

Good for you.  You helped reduce waste.:classic_biggrin:

I don't think you understand what happens after you eat 4 lobsters...

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Then definitely don't google alter lateral flash.

🤣 I just can't... no way anyone would wear one of those.

Ok well at least those did not make me decide to give up waffles with blueberries for the rest of my life. 

Some of you may have learned that HAL is now running a pilot program on a number of their ships where, in the main dining room, if you order a 2nd entree, you get charged $10. No limit on appetizers and desserts. HAL CC boards are lit up with comments on this. If this program sticks, it could spread to Carnival and other cruise lines.

Reasons are food waste and maybe disruption of service to prep & serve 2nd entrees. 

Remember when the first airline had the idea of charging for checked baggage????

12 hours ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

Some of you may have learned that HAL is now running a pilot program on a number of their ships where, in the main dining room, if you order a 2nd entree, you get charged $10. No limit on appetizers and desserts. HAL CC boards are lit up with comments on this. If this program sticks, it could spread to Carnival and other cruise lines.

Reasons are food waste and maybe disruption of service to prep & serve 2nd entrees. 

Remember when the first airline had the idea of charging for checked baggage????

Yes, but if you have airline promoted credit card (United Visa) you get the 1st free bag.  Also, annually, get 2 passes to their lounges.  Does it mean that eventually if they follow the airline model, I can get a free 2nd entrée and visit their lounge.

I bet, there's more waste from Pax not dining in the MDR. 

I can also see dining in the MDR evolving.  For instance, on our recent Symphony sail, they had 2 lines for breakfast and lunch (sea days only)--one for menu and the other for buffet.  If you chose buffet, supposedly, you could not order from the menu.  However, if menu was selected, you had the flexibility for both.

Explanation given--better utilization of personnel.

• Like 1