Noisy sky suites on deck 12 on Reflection?

feggie

I am concerned cabins on  deck 12 are beneath the deck with pool and eateries. I have read that some people heard scraping chairs in the wee hours, awakening them.  Anyone have a problem with this?

We were under the Ocean View not far from the entrance and heard rolling carts starting around 6:00, for us that was too early.  We’ll be in an aft corner S1 in November under the outside eating/bar area, hoping for the best.

Edited by Oville

We have stayed in 3 S1’s AFT on Reflection and it is our favorite location.  We don’t recall being awakened by chairs being moved above us.  We have the same suite booked for 3 more cruises!  Guess you could say we love the location!

10 minutes ago, watchdiva said:

We have stayed in 3 S1’s AFT on Reflection and it is our favorite location.  We don’t recall being awakened by chairs being moved above us.  We have the same suite booked for 3 more cruises!  Guess you could say we love the location!

Thank you, we’ve got a few booked.  Appreciate your comments.

Thank you.  I know we aren't supposed to ask cabin questions, but I am such a light sleeper, I will go crazy if I am awakened  on deck 12 by chairs being dragged, which I read occurs on deck 14 (guess they don't have a lucky 13). Looks like my 4/22 sailing is about sold out, so moving is probably not an option.

Stayed in 2108, S1 up front. Really didn't care for the room.  1st) wind made balcony a noisy place to be any time ship was underway; 2nd) just under the solarium, noise wasn't too bad OTHER than the night they held silent disco up there.  That was the only really unbearable occurrence; 3rd) I don't much care for the overhang-- not much sun in the day time and no stargazing at night; 4th) For me that's too high--too much like being in an ocean front highrise--i like being closer to the water.

On the other hand, balcony is nice sized and it's in a great location for getting to the spa etc.

I stayed in a Deck 12 Sky Suite on Reflection last year that was positioned under Oceanview and it was terrible. Lots of noise from above (rolling carts, clanging sounds, sometimes even footfalls from heeled shoes). There were noises all day and even in the middle of the night (2am, 5am - when I got up to go to the bathroom - I assume those were sounds from cleaning crews). I wear earplugs anyway at night so it didn't disturb my sleep but it was annoying if I just wanted to sit quietly and relax in the cabin in the middle of the day. The balcony also has the big overhang from the deck above so you are always in shade and it can make it annoying for photo taking. I would never choose one of those cabins again.

Although we haven't stayed in a Sky Suite on Reflection, we have stayed in Aqua cabins on Deck 12 midship on the hump and haven't been disturbed by noise from above or chairs being dragged. The only thing we heard was while sitting on the balcony one evening we heard music from the pool deck during a poolside party. We couldn't hear it at all inside the cabin with the verandah doors closed.

We just came back from Reflection in suite 2109. The only issue we had was the constant soliciting from the spa team when we would try to go to our room. Never heard anyone from the Spa cafe or when porting, only when the neighbor in 2107 came in. It was a lovely room. So much so, we booked 2108 for next year. 

We were in 2108 on Reflection last November.  It was a great room with an oversized balcony.  I agree with Hodgson that the only issue we had was the solicitation from the spa staff.  We never heard noise from above or the sides.

We were just in an aft Sky Suite on Deck 12 on Reflection, we were not bothered by noise at all. We loved the location.  The aft cabins on Deck 12 of the Reflection are below the outside seating area for the Ocean View Cafe.  We never heard any noise.

Although a slightly different perspective, we were in a room on Deck 14 on the Reflection in 2017. No issues with sound pollution except the very occasional waft of music from bands.

However, I would not wish to be directly under a bar area or pool area because we've suffered from the noise of chair scraping /throwing first thing in the morning. It was on the old Royal Princess. When we booked the Pacific Princess a year later, we went down a deck and everything was fine! 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:55 PM, feggie said:

I am concerned cabins on  deck 12 are beneath the deck with pool and eateries. I have read that some people heard scraping chairs in the wee hours, awakening them.  Anyone have a problem with this?

We never had a problem. Faint noise-   We  were under the restaurant, but never a problem.  Only problem was an Aft Sky suite that had soot and sun all day and noise from the ov outside bar.