Two Questions about Online Check-in

1. Will Royal contact us to let us know if our pictures are okay? I think they'll pass and the follow the guidelines but I don't want to run in to any unexpected issues.

2. Do you have to list a payment method on the online check in? Are you able to just use a card on the ship or does everything have to be through your sea pass?

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, CrusingRuthing said:

1. Will Royal contact us to let us know if our pictures are okay? I think they'll pass and the follow the guidelines but I don't want to run in to any unexpected issues.

2. Do you have to list a payment method on the online check in? Are you able to just use a card on the ship or does everything have to be through your sea pass?

Thanks in advance!

Royal will not contact you about the photo.  If it is not acceptable, they will spend a whole 10 seconds and take a photo at the cruise terminal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal will not contact you about the photo.  If it is not acceptable, they will spend a whole 10 seconds and take a photo at the cruise terminal.

Bob, is it optional whether or not you upload a picture during online check in?

Just now, CruisinMama2003 said:

Bob, is it optional whether or not you upload a picture during online check in?

Yes, it's optional.  Most sailings don't even have that capability yet, but for those that do, it's optional.

Our last few cruises we saw many having their picture re-taken and complaining that they had uploaded it...It was taken before they were done complaining...so don't waste your time or concern about uploading it.

• Like 1

Regarding your payment type, you can use a cash payment type online, then at the check-in desk change to your charge card. Make sure they delete your original "cash" payment type. I changed this and ended up being called down to Guest Services several times to get it resolved. The Guest Services manager eventually told me about the error. 

Edited by Johnamac123

I did not find it to be optional on my Independence check-in. Sailing is April 1.  Wouldn't let me proceed or save pretty much anything without the pictures.  Maybe I missed something, but I did look around for an option to move on and couldn't find.

14 minutes ago, cruisingcasual said:

I did not find it to be optional on my Independence check-in. Sailing is April 1.  Wouldn't let me proceed or save pretty much anything without the pictures.  Maybe I missed something, but I did look around for an option to move on and couldn't find.

You must have missed something as I’ve done many check ins for clients on many different ships and it has never been an issue.

Were you doing the check in through the website or through the app.  I’ve heard there have been issues with the app.