Symphony Live, March 9th to 16th - We’re Bach! A sharp review with flat Cs.

3 hours ago, luvIU said:

Giving the JDub another chance?

Winner, winner chicken dinner. Yes we are.  

After we returned from our January cruise I wrote them a polite email expressing our concerns as well as the positives of our previous stay. Even though our room wasn’t ready for three hours after check in, there were some good things about the hotel. We were matter of fact, and diplomatic in our request of our March stay to be complimentary. They took it to heart and we received this email in return, a few days after we reached out to them.  Part of travel is, crap happens. One has to roll with it, but also be let your concerns be know.  

Here’s to hoping it goes smoother today. 

15B18E40-E10E-448E-B481-7517ABDDDBDB.thumb.jpeg.95072499f74f611985dc16471ed140e4.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

Hey Andrew! So happy that you are doing another live review. Always love your pictures and sense of humor. Also, can’t wait to get your opinions about the ship.

Wow! Owen is as tall as Lisa! He sure has grown A LOT! Bet he is eating you out of house and home. Lol! Funny, our son was as tall as me (mom) when he was about 11 too. Our son is almost 17 now and just over 6 ft. tall. They grow up FAST, don’t they? Like the song says, “Don’t Blink.”

I didn’t realize that CLR and Yorkvillian were also on this cruise. Should be one to remember! Haha! Happy cruising!

Glad the hotel stepped up!  Nice to see customer service still exists.  I've had good results as well when a certain airline let me down on two occasions.  I detailed the issue without anger, asked for a reasonable solution and they came through.  It can happen!

ps- periscope is still screwed up.  I can't locate any of you on the user name search.  weird.

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Winner, winner chicken dinner. Yes we are.  

After we returned from our January cruise I wrote them a polite email expressing our concerns as well as the positives of our previous stay. Even though our room wasn’t ready for three hours after check in, there were some good things about the hotel. We were matter of fact, and diplomatic in our request of our March stay to be complimentary. They took it to heart and we received this email in return, a few days after we reached out to them.  Part of travel is, crap happens. One has to roll with it, but also be let your concerns be know.  

Here’s to hoping it goes smoother today. 

15B18E40-E10E-448E-B481-7517ABDDDBDB.thumb.jpeg.95072499f74f611985dc16471ed140e4.jpeg

I may have written quite a few of these myself, different brand an location though. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rkkunk said:

Hey Andrew! So happy that you are doing another live review. Always love your pictures and sense of humor. Also, can’t wait to get your opinions about the ship.

Wow! Owen is as tall as Lisa! He sure has grown A LOT! Bet he is eating you out of house and home. Lol! Funny, our son was as tall as me (mom) when he was about 11 too. Our son is almost 17 now and just over 6 ft. tall. They grow up FAST, don’t they? Like the song says, “Don’t Blink.”

I didn’t realize that CLR and Yorkvillian were also on this cruise. Should be one to remember! Haha! Happy cruising!

So true, don’t blink. We considered using that song at Allie’s service but when with a few others. Once I’m on board posts might not be as frequent this cruise as I know a few people on board. It will be a blast. 

19 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I guessed wrong, Glad they honored your request. Here's to a wonderful night.

Cheers to that. 

8 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Glad the hotel stepped up!  Nice to see customer service still exists.  I've had good results as well when a certain airline let me down on two occasions.  I detailed the issue without anger, asked for a reasonable solution and they came through.  It can happen!

ps- periscope is still screwed up.  I can't locate any of you on the user name search.  weird.

Yes.  It does happen upon occasion and tact is a wonderful trait at the right time. As for Periscope very strange, just look for me in the background of Rick’s scopes. Just look before 10am. 

• Like 1

Following. You'll have a great cruise. I've already sailed Symphony twice including her delivery voyage across the Atlantic and she's become my favorite ship. Captain Rob should be back by now so I know you'll be in good hands. This man could park the ship in a sardine can during a hurricane without a scratch, if that was even possible. Please say hi to Alfonso from Michael and Siri if he's still working your corner of the loft suites this week. Also, in good hands if he is. Cheers.

SY25.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Following. You'll have a great cruise. I've already sailed Symphony twice including her delivery voyage across the Atlantic and she's become my favorite ship. Captain Rob should be back by now so I know you'll be in good hands. This man could park the ship in a sardine can during a hurricane without a scratch, if that was even possible. Please say hi to Alfonso from Michael and Siri if he's still working your corner of the loft suites this week. Also, in good hands if he is. Cheers.

SY25.jpg

What a portrait. Always good to know we aren’t sailing with a newbie out of the Academy.  I will pass your hellos on to who I see along the way.

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, Andrew, with all those "lives😀", I've almost missed your new review -- unforgivable ...

So glad Owen can join you and Lisa, enjoy your cruise to the utmost,

He would have changed the house locks if we didn’t ta’e himwith is this time. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Always good to know we aren’t sailing with a newbie out of the Academy.

Anyone who used to captain Alaskan fishing boats has my respect. He proved his worth in Malaga during the worst storm of the season and in a port that was barely big enough for this thing. lol

C9B3A955-317C-4910-8B3A-A09BE0CA09FD.jpeg

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Anyone who used to captain Alaskan fishing boats has my respect. He proved his worth in Malaga during the worst storm of the season and in a port that was barely big enough for this thing. lol

Agreed 100%. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1