*Live* from the Eurodam - Hawaii/Tahiti/Marquesas

seamist

It was beyond "F"......and we did not have "G" printed, so went back to recycling "A".

So when the Eurodam returns, disembarkation will be affected as well, in the same way.

There are so many *****s that tours and airport transfers will be delayed.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

1 hour ago, DAllenTCY said:

It was beyond "F"......and we did not have "G" printed, so went back to recycling "A".

So when the Eurodam returns, disembarkation will be affected as well, in the same way.

There are so many *****s that tours and airport transfers will be delayed.

David

Hmm guess we got on earlier than I thought, they called for Group 1 (which was us) right after E so thought E was last.  

On another note back to the “hot topic” of $10 charge for 2nd entree.....our waiter informed us this evening that if you happen to not like the entree that you ordered...he will bring another at no charge.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you couldn't get your room move but I always look at it as a place to sleep and get ready for dinner the rest of the ship is your sitting room and like you on my 28 day cruise joined the spa and enjoyed the thermal beds very much the lei is very pretty and your food looks great too 

On 3/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, DAllenTCY said:

Let me get this straight in my head.  You arrived 10 am and waited until noon to board.

Why not have arrive at 1 and been onboard at 1:15?

David

Did you see the hotel?

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear you couldn't get your room move but I always look at it as a place to sleep and get ready for dinner the rest of the ship is your sitting room and like you on my 28 day cruise joined the spa and enjoyed the thermal beds very much the lei is very pretty and your food looks great too 

Yeah we do as well, room was more of an issue of being blindsided, have sailed many other HAL ships and was expecting the size to be the same as we have had previously, surprise!😂. We now know on Eurodam what not to book.  We primarily book for itinerary anyhow and this one is one of the BEST so we are doing great settling in.  Ship was a bit rocky all last night and this morning, think we hit the weather system the Captain mentioned.  Supposed to clear up later today with more moderate seas.

We are enjoying your postings!  the pictures, menu and the Daily 🙂

It is exciting to see all the activities. We will be onboard in four weeks.

Does the thermal suite have a sauna or steam room?

Edited by riverrat

On 3/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, BEAV said:

We disembarked Eurodam yesterday, and a few crew members commented to us they would be sailing with a “few hundred” less passengers on your 28 day cruise. It would be interesting to inquire again after 4-5 days if they would sell you an upgrade for a more reasonable amount.

i had to chuckle at your comment about verandah passengers lining up at Guest Relations to complain about cabin size. What the heck can the employees do about it?!

Sometimes they can.  On our January Amsterdam cruise we met a couple who were in a Vista cabin (like ours) and went to the front desk to complain how small it was.  They were given a Neptune for a small fee (no details)!  I wish I had done that!!

3 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Sometimes they can.  On our January Amsterdam cruise we met a couple who were in a Vista cabin (like ours) and went to the front desk to complain how small it was.  They were given a Neptune for a small fee (no details)!  I wish I had done that!!

Good to know. Which is why I suggested to the OP they inquire again in a few days. Can't hurt to ask...…..

4 hours ago, seamist said:

Yeah we do as well, room was more of an issue of being blindsided, have sailed many other HAL ships and was expecting the size to be the same as we have had previously, surprise!😂. We now know on Eurodam what not to book.  We primarily book for itinerary anyhow and this one is one of the BEST so we are doing great settling in.  Ship was a bit rocky all last night and this morning, think we hit the weather system the Captain mentioned.  Supposed to clear up later today with more moderate seas.

As each new class of ships rolled out, all cabins have been made smaller except the PS which got larger.

56 minutes ago, riverrat said:

We are enjoying your postings!  the pictures, menu and the Daily 🙂

It is exciting to see all the activities. We will be onboard in four weeks.

Does the thermal suite have a sauna or steam room?

Yes, the sauna is actually outside the Thermal Suite area available to all, the steam rooms are only in the paid suite area. 

The view this morning off the stern, plus today’s activities.  Still choppy and cool out there!  Will try later to grab a pic of the Pinnacle Grill Bar menu..idk...we don’t plan to eat there but will try.

522E01F3-82B5-458E-A713-CA5D9BA099B1.jpeg

B27BA545-F814-47F8-AA0A-0B9DBF4FA4AA.jpeg

FC3A5D41-AB3F-4B29-BC2F-81687557C2BB.jpeg

657C41AB-26F6-414D-9291-A33CBCE66963.jpeg

29C3D9A7-BC7A-4125-97AE-81F7C2CB4401.jpeg

• Like 2

Great pics.

Glad to see you have the standard Hawaii fun stuff.  We enjoyed watching it a few years ago although I confess I got tired of the drums and one ukelele 😉 

But, it's all good fun.

Sorry you have the cooler, choppier weather.  We were expecting our cruise but it didn't happen.  But we did have bad weather in a number of ports and missed several, so maybe this is a good sign for all of you and you'll have great weather and get to all of your ports.  I hope so.  

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Great pics.

Sorry you have the cooler, choppier weather.  We were expecting our cruise but it didn't happen.  But we did have bad weather in a number of ports and missed several, so maybe this is a good sign for all of you and you'll have great weather and get to all of your ports.  I hope so.  

On our Hawaii cruise in Dec, 2017 we had rough seas but great weather in Hawaii (where it is the most important), so perhaps you are right!

Learned a couple of good tips today.  1st one was the Mr. went to the GoPro discussion.  He got a new GoPro for Christmas and when we left home everything was working fine.  However, once the vacay started we had issues with it freezing up.  So....a tip we were given is to take the setting off low-light and we will see if that helps any.  The 2nd tip we received from the future cruise consultant is back to the room issue again for all of you, like us, who tend to book interior cabins.

She mentioned that when you look on the deck plans, look for the interiors that are horizontal - they will be slightly larger.  The ones that lie “vertically” will be smaller as you are looking at the layout.  Good tip for future planning!

And now the conclusion of Sea Day #2 which happened to be the first Gala Night.  Special menu and foodie pics to follow:

CD07909E-C06B-4F87-AA03-8D021095133A.jpeg

149734A1-407F-4FAB-9C60-04380DF69AED.jpeg

05377170-D364-4C88-A2F3-6E16B57BEB4E.jpeg

5A61F7F3-7503-4669-A43D-F3721BCF4A2D.jpeg

4F2F2ECC-A226-4458-AF8B-4953594AFE06.jpeg

9 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Great reports -- food looks good.

Maybe we have cruised too much but those seas don't look rough to me.

Well darn, I tried to upload a short video of the main pool and hydro pool rocking like crazy but it just wouldnt go 😔.  I had a great time though, like a little kid in a wave pool 😂. Premium net package works but slow as snails...more like the snails pooper scoopers.

Here we are waking up to Sea Day #3 and the seas have calmed considerably.  Weather is warmer now currently 72 degrees.   On a funny note I saw Santa Claus!  He does indeed vacation to Tahiti in the off season 😁.  Very interesting gentleman with a flowing white beard, red polo, and Green shorts showing off his photo of him in his “uniform” with kids on his lap to the cruise director.  Lol.  Today’s activities:

4635E2BF-8924-4438-85D2-A43A35F34E62.jpeg

• Like 1