Carnival luggage delivery

kbg12379

Cruising for my first time next month. I’m guessing since we are scheduled to board 12:00-12:30, we should check our 2 large suitcases and not carryon?  What time does Carnival (Glory) typically deliver luggage to your room?  I’m preparing to not have my luggage for a while and packing a carryon backpack but still would like to know how long until I have all my belongings. Thanks!

It is the busiest day of all for the poor suckers

who have to tote our bags on trolleys up to our decks!

I've seen the guys looking worn-out after several cycles of this routine.

Be glad it's not your job!

Time to your cabin

can be anything like Before You Even Get There

to several hours later -to the point where you're starting to worry a little.

I've had both, and everything in between!

There is no definitive answer to your query.

Hi

Typically most luggage shows up after the muster drill. Around 4:30-5 p.m. Just in time to get it unpacked and start getting ready for dinner. You might get it earlier but I wouldn't worry about it. 

Seeing it's your first cruise, I would suggest grabbing a bite to eat, maybe a drink and then exploring the ship. If you are really exhausted, you could just take a nap before the muster drill. I do that often so I can be refreshed for the evening.

have a great cruise

We rarely check our luggage.  I didn't like waiting on it to get to the cabin.  I like to be able to get everything organized right off the bat when we get there.  Then it's done & I don't have to deal with it when I'd rather be exploring the ship, enjoying the pool, dining room, whatever.  We're platinum now, so our cabin is available right away, but even before we were, we still preferred to carry on.  I was always on edge if it didn't arrive before sail away - I just imagined it sitting in some corner at the dock or worse yet, in the water.  And the thing is, I wouldn't know until we were miles out to sea that it wasn't even on the ship.  Intellectually, I know that's a rare occurrence, but just never could shake the feeling of uneasiness.

• Like 1

We checked our bags for our first cruise and never again.  One of our bags was super late arriving... we were a room of 3 and everyone's all showed up except for one bag for one person, but it was the most important bag for them, with all of their clothes.  It did finally show up around 11pm but it wasn't fun worrying about it.  I also don't like having to leave my bags out in the hall on the last night, and having to pack and pick and make sure I didn't accidently put something in my checked bag that I needed on that last night or in the morning.  Also every single cruise I have been on, there have been the "lost luggage" flyer passed out, saying "have you seen this piece of lost luggage" type of thing and it is always like 2 or 3 days into the cruise, so those poor people have been without their luggage for a good chunk of the cruise. 

And before most of you chime in, that those are rare cases, let me tell you, that I don't think it is all that rare, since this has happened (the lost luggage flyer) on EVERY cruise I have been on, and even if it is a super rare occurrence, if it happens to YOU, it doesn't seem rare. 

It just gives me nice peace of mind to be 100% in control of my luggage at all times.  Yes, it is a pain to lug, but it is just a short time that I am lugging it compared to a long time of waiting and worrying for it to show up, or if it did get lost. 

To each his own, but for me, I never check mine anymore.

Edited by moongal
misspelled word
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, kbg12379 said:

Cruising for my first time next month. I’m guessing since we are scheduled to board 12:00-12:30, we should check our 2 large suitcases and not carryon?  What time does Carnival (Glory) typically deliver luggage to your room?  I’m preparing to not have my luggage for a while and packing a carryon backpack but still would like to know how long until I have all my belongings. Thanks!

It will be different every cruise.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

Do they have concierge carts you can use to haul your luggage?  My wife will pack “lightly”—meaning 4 full size & 2 smaller bags for a 7 day cruise.

No, they don’t. Just give the large bags to the porters and carry on the small ones. Be sure to keep your electronics, jewelry, paperwork, passports etc. in the small bags. We also carry a swim suit and one change of clothes in case the large bags don’t arrive before dinner. They always have, though. 

• Like 1

EMBARKATION - LUGGAGE INFORMATION

To help you plan, we suggest you limit your luggage to a maximum of one bag per person, if traveling on cruises of 3-5 days duration, and no more than two bags per person, for cruises of 6 days or longer. In addition, you must personally carry-on any boarding documentation (passports, Visas, I.D), valuables, medications and items which require special handling.

Guests who are scheduled to arrive at the terminal before 1:30 PM, usually check their bags with a luggage handler so they can be free to enjoy lunch on Lido Deck before access to their stateroom is granted.

Checked baggage service is only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time (exception – Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Imagination). On the Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration departing from Long Beach (for sailings through 2019), checked baggage is only available until 3 hours before the ship's published departure. Guests who arrive after the service ends will be responsible for taking their bags on board.

Each checked suit case and carry-on suit case should not weigh more than 50 pounds, and when lying flat, bags must not exceed 16 inches high by 24 inches wide (the length of the bag is not a factor). For security screening purposes, all luggage should be unlocked. Oversized luggage and locked luggage may cause delivery delays.  

• Like 1