"Sparkling Wine or Champagne" suite perk

pbenjamin

As luck would have it, we will  be in a suite (SC).  Is the sparking wine the same Latitudes perk that people seem to think is nasty?  I've seen  a wine list with prices by the glass and by the bottle.  If I want to buy a bottle from the list can I ask the butler to procure it?

Supposedly only GV, DOS, OS actually get champagne although we've had NCL cheap out of that - usually when sailing out of NYC.

From what we've seen, the sparkling is different from Lats.  Butler should be able to help you.

When we've been in a regular suite, we get two of the "standard" sparkling wine -- one for being in a suite and one for Latitudes. A couple of weeks ago in a DOS on the Dawn, we got one of the standard bottles and one Moet & Chandon.

27 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Do they leave two bottles if you’re in a suite AND a latitudes member?

Yes, they do leave 2 bottles if you're a latitudes/suite guest. 

Edited by Sea saw 56
Incorrect spelling
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brookie848 said:

When we've been in a regular suite, we get two of the "standard" sparkling wine -- one for being in a suite and one for Latitudes. A couple of weeks ago in a DOS on the Dawn, we got one of the standard bottles and one Moet & Chandon.

We've had the Moet & Chandon but our last trip on Escape in DOS they gave us Chandon which said it was a California Brut.  I'm no expert, but isn't Champagne only Champagne if from France?

10 minutes ago, dexddd said:

We've had the Moet & Chandon but our last trip on Escape in DOS they gave us Chandon which said it was a California Brut.  I'm no expert, but isn't Champagne only Champagne if from France?

Yes, strictly speaking, a sparkling wine should only be called champagne if it is from the Champagne region of France (and produced by the méthode champenoise).  It's not a generic term for "sparkling wine," even though some use it as such.

BTW, California's Domaine Chandon is a pretty decent inexpensive sparkling wine, especially their Blanc de Noirs.  I'd rather NCL give out a Domain Chandon than the awful stuff we've had in the past (suitable for a mimosa, but not for drinking as wine).

Edited by Turtles06

3 hours ago, TPgal said:

Do they leave two bottles if you’re in a suite AND a latitudes member?

3 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Yes, they do leave 2 bottles if you're a latitudes/suite guest. 

This reminds me of that old joke, "The food was so bad.  And there was so little of it."   🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dexddd said:

If they still say that DOS shall get Champagne I should not accept anything else!

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

This reminds me of that old joke, "The food was so bad.  And there was so little of it."   🤣

It's ironic that NCL is freer with this "sparkling wine" than it is with bottled water.