Drink cap?

13 hours ago, bajancruiser said:

Our last experience on Carnival - once you make friends with the bar staff they will automatically give you a bottle of water with your drinks order - we tend to tip staff with every drink order - that helps 😉  We do the same on RC

They wouldn't budge and we were tipping, because the system wouldn't let them swipe the water within the 5 minutes even though it isn't alcohol - it may have just been the lobby bar we were at but Carnival needs to relax their system or for the drink package alone we may stick with RCCL, we aren't even heavy drinkers but it started to feel like you had to be strategic about ordering and I preferred just not having to worry about it on RCCL.  I know every ship can be different though!

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

They wouldn't budge and we were tipping, because the system wouldn't let them swipe the water within the 5 minutes even though it isn't alcohol - it may have just been the lobby bar we were at but Carnival needs to relax their system or for the drink package alone we may stick with RCCL, we aren't even heavy drinkers but it started to feel like you had to be strategic about ordering and I preferred just not having to worry about it on RCCL.  I know every ship can be different though!

What they would do is swipe it after the 5 minutes or they would go in manually and enter the water.  I guess we have been lucky 🙂

26 minutes ago, bajancruiser said:

What they would do is swipe it after the 5 minutes or they would go in manually and enter the water.  I guess we have been lucky 🙂

Usually I like to drink water along side my other drinks, which is usually vodka/water so that helps with hydration too 😉 So I don't have a problem if I'm at a bar just asking for a glass of ice water but on Carnival it was an issue when we were trying to grab some bottles for later or getting off the ship.  Now on RCCL we had a problem ever getting a glass of ice water, they'd always just hand us the bottles but I had my yeti cup I kept full of ice with me so I just kept refilling that - I like my water COLD when possible 🙂  But I also need to drink far more water than most people, I dehydrate very easily so do my best to stay far ahead of it!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Yep- I’ve done this 🙂. And, every bar we’ve been to also lets us get bottled water at the same time.

Same here. It's never been a problem. I like to stockpile water for later use.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Same here. It's never been a problem. I like to stockpile water for later use.

Ditto on this!  Every beverage - bottle water, please :-)  By the time day 1 is over, I have about a case of water lol...

Edited by ScottVV
  • Haha 1

Hoping I do not go over the max price of $13 per drink ... Drink mostly the frozen drinks such as BBC's , mudslides, Labadoozie's etc... Are any of these over $13 ? ...  Thanks for any input

14 hours ago, JimmyL said:

Hoping I do not go over the max price of $13 per drink ... Drink mostly the frozen drinks such as BBC's , mudslides, Labadoozie's etc... Are any of these over $13 ? ...  Thanks for any input

Those are all within the price covered by the drink package... except your labadoozie on Labadee won’t be in a special cup...

On 3/12/2019 at 4:14 PM, Sitzmark said:

The way the rules are written, If I have a package, I can get the included drinks for myself, but any others I will have to pay for.    However if he's trying to get the drinks for other people that have packages but not show their cards, I suspect he will have problems. 

I was able to get drinks for my wife and I, but I had to bring both cards with me to do so.

This is good to know since I am the one that normally gets the drinks.

21 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Usually I like to drink water along side my other drinks, which is usually vodka/water so that helps with hydration too 😉 So I don't have a problem if I'm at a bar just asking for a glass of ice water but on Carnival it was an issue when we were trying to grab some bottles for later or getting off the ship.  Now on RCCL we had a problem ever getting a glass of ice water, they'd always just hand us the bottles but I had my yeti cup I kept full of ice with me so I just kept refilling that - I like my water COLD when possible 🙂  But I also need to drink far more water than most people, I dehydrate very easily so do my best to stay far ahead of it!

I would expect that a glass of water would be treated differently since there is no cost to get that. 

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

I would expect that a glass of water would be treated differently since there is no cost to get that. 

The issue was with the DBP you are entitled to bottles so I think they wanted to ensure we got what we were supposed to, which is fine and I expect to prevent me or anyone saying they weren't getting bottles - we started just asking for a glass of ice when needed 🙂

On Carnival I usually ordered a drink and a glass of water but it was when we were heading off ship and wanted to grab a drink while waiting for our party and a bottle to have in port it got tricky.

I think on RCCL I wouldn't bother to order the water for the room again though it was nice to have, we could easily stockpile the bottles for evenings.  On Carnival though I would bring on water or buy it for the room if that's an option to ensure we had bottles when needed and leave the bar for the drinks.

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

The issue was with the DBP you are entitled to bottles so I think they wanted to ensure we got what we were supposed to, which is fine and I expect to prevent me or anyone saying they weren't getting bottles - we started just asking for a glass of ice when needed 🙂

On Carnival I usually ordered a drink and a glass of water but it was when we were heading off ship and wanted to grab a drink while waiting for our party and a bottle to have in port it got tricky.

I think on RCCL I wouldn't bother to order the water for the room again though it was nice to have, we could easily stockpile the bottles for evenings.  On Carnival though I would bring on water or buy it for the room if that's an option to ensure we had bottles when needed and leave the bar for the drinks.

I never had the drink package on CCL but I expect that I would have figured out a way to get the bottled water, which is what we take ashore with us and is the only time we use it. It sounds like it will be super easy to stock up on Royal since they will give you a bottle with a drink. What we paid for the DBP is what our bar bill was on our last CCL cruise so I'm not sure how often we'll be getting the package.

Edited by sparks1093