Drink cap?

1 minute ago, BonnieSte said:

Is there a limit on how many drinks you can get in a day if you have the drink package now? Not that I care but there wasn't a limit a while ago.

There is no limit on quantity, but there is a price limit.  12 dollars per drink or 13 on Oasis class ships or Quantum class.  If the drink costs more you'll be charged the difference.

3 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:

Is there a limit on how many drinks you can get in a day if you have the drink package now? Not that I care but there wasn't a limit a while ago.

No daily limit, but you can only get one drink at a time, and they will cut you off if they think you have had too much.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

+ 18% Gratuity....

the 18% gratuitiy is based on the difference in the price and the "limit".

I.E. if you order a drink that costs $15 on a $12 limit ship.  You will have $3 charged to your account put 18% of the 3 dollars...54 cents for a total cost of $3.54

2 minutes ago, gatour said:

the 18% gratuitiy is based on the difference in the price and the "limit".

I.E. if you order a drink that costs $15 on a $12 limit ship.  You will have $3 charged to your account put 18% of the 3 dollars...54 cents for a total cost of $3.54

That's pretty much what I said ..  without doing the math :classic_rolleyes:.  I figured it was obvious, but to some it may not be :classic_biggrin:

Ok so what about the frequency of the orders... if I take both my and hubby's card to get us each a drink and we don't like them (maybe we tried something new that was too sweet) can we go right back and get something else?

1 minute ago, mom2two2 said:

Ok so what about the frequency of the orders... if I take both my and hubby's card to get us each a drink and we don't like them (maybe we tried something new that was too sweet) can we go right back and get something else?

keep going back as often as your heart desires

2 minutes ago, mom2two2 said:

The last I heard, there is no time limit between drinks. 

Yep no limit or waiting and you could get a bottle of water plus your alcoholic drink at the same time - this was so much better than our more recent experience on Carnival - we never butted up against the 15 drink a day limit but the waiting 5 minutes between drinks to get a bottle of water was a pain.  No problem getting a drink with both cards when I went up with husbands or he went up with mine or when my son went up with my card and his GF's card (we all had the beverage package).  

Husband did see one father arguing at the fresh OJ about not being able to order one for everyone on his card, they said he'd need to keep getting back in the line and they were holding strong, don't know how that played out!

5 hours ago, BonnieSte said:

Yes there is a limit on how many drinks you can have in one day. Once you've done a face plant into the floor you've reached the limit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Husband did see one father arguing at the fresh OJ about not being able to order one for everyone on his card, they said he'd need to keep getting back in the line and they were holding strong, don't know how that played out!

"Everyone on his card"....???....I thought each person had to have their own card? Or is that just the Deluxe?

10 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

"Everyone on his card"....???....I thought each person had to have their own card? Or is that just the Deluxe?

The way the rules are written, If I have a package, I can get the included drinks for myself, but any others I will have to pay for.    However if he's trying to get the drinks for other people that have packages but not show their cards, I suspect he will have problems. 

I was able to get drinks for my wife and I, but I had to bring both cards with me to do so.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Yep no limit or waiting and you could get a bottle of water plus your alcoholic drink at the same time - this was so much better than our more recent experience on Carnival - we never butted up against the 15 drink a day limit but the waiting 5 minutes between drinks to get a bottle of water was a pain.  No problem getting a drink with both cards when I went up with husbands or he went up with mine or when my son went up with my card and his GF's card (we all had the beverage package).  

Could be someone who sails NCL usually.  You can get drinks for all in your cabin by just showing one card since all have to buy a package.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

They do need to each have a card - I expect the WJ staff weren't trying to play the heavy though, at least not on that!

40 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Could be someone who sails NCL usually.  You can get drinks for all in your cabin by just showing one card since all have to buy a package.

And it just not everyone in your cabin that has to buy the package.   

From my reading on the NCL board, the simplest situation that would be applicable, would be...  I purchased a cabin for me and my wife and I also purchased a cabin for my parents.  All four of us would have to purchase the drinks package on NCL. 

I am not sure how it works on NCL in regards to what we refer to "linked" reservations.  I.E.  I purchase a cabin for me and my wife.  My parents purchase a cabin.  Then later we link the reservations for dining reservations etc.  Does everyone have to purchase the package?  Not sure. 

2 hours ago, mom2two2 said:

Yep- I’ve done this 🙂. And, every bar we’ve been to also lets us get bottled water at the same time.

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mom2two2 said:

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

keep going back as often as your heart desires

…..unless the bartender suspects that you are sharing your package.

In other words, in this specific situation, mom2two2, take those rejected drinks back to the bartender and ask for something different.

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

…..unless the bartender suspects that you are sharing your package.

In other words, in this specific situation, mom2two2, take those rejected drinks back to the bartender and ask for something different.

Thats a good idea.  I never thought of that.

4 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Our last experience on Carnival - once you make friends with the bar staff they will automatically give you a bottle of water with your drinks order - we tend to tip staff with every drink order - that helps 😉  We do the same on RC