Seaside, Ocean Cay, YC Cabana Question

js

i have great faith that if the YC section is not completed by the 9th of November, they will still make it special - their onboard experience is over the top when it come to YC and don't expect them to disappoint - it may not be what u might see in February/March of 2020, but i still think will be nice....

16 hours ago, marcoigna said:

i have great faith that if the YC section is not completed by the 9th of November, they will still make it special - their onboard experience is over the top when it come to YC and don't expect them to disappoint - it may not be what u might see in February/March of 2020, but i still think will be nice....

I do hope you're right, Marco.

• 11 months later...

Any updates on this for those of you that have traveled to Ocean Cay? How was the YC area? I assume that's just a private part of the island for YC members but that you dont have to rent a cabana if you don't want to? Or is it specific to YC members who rent cabanas? Thanks for clarification. This will be our 1st time sailing on MSC & the yacht cclub.We have been NCL/Haven in the past so excited to compare the two! 

2 hours ago, jenlburt said:

Any updates on this for those of you that have traveled to Ocean Cay? How was the YC area? I assume that's just a private part of the island for YC members but that you dont have to rent a cabana if you don't want to? Or is it specific to YC members who rent cabanas? Thanks for clarification. This will be our 1st time sailing on MSC & the yacht cclub.We have been NCL/Haven in the past so excited to compare the two! 

The YC area is very nice.. Private restaurant and lots of loungers and umbrellas. No, you don't have to rent a cabana to enjoy this area.  Nice beach area too.  Enjoy your YC cruise.

Wow that's awesome, thanks! So the benefit to the cabana is basically just to have your own space to retreat to? Otherwise, the benefits are the same for all YC members on the island? Just wondering because I doubt we'd be there all day so not sure it would make sense for us to have a cabana...

The cabana offers a place to be in the shade but so does the umbrellas. The.most private of them are the beach view   The others have the loungers lined up in front of them. Everyone in the YC section gets the same great butler service and special treats.  The food area shuts down around 2:30-3 so the supplies can be taken back to the ship so some return to the ship not long after lunch then go back later for the night time events.  

We just left Ocean Cay today on the Meraviglia. First, YC is awesome! Just make sure you bring everything you might need with you the first time to the YC area on Ocean Cay. 

We are pretty savvy on what we need for a beach day. Well, today we did not have our stuff together. Forgot: water shoes (lots of small rocks at the beach area), personal straws, large hat to wear while in the water. 

It is a long ride from the ship to the YC area. Took me about an hour round trip to get the items we forgot. 

I would not pay the $399 for a YC  cabana. They are nice, but I will take the included umbrella and loungers. Same waiters come by to take your drink order. Food at the YC restaurant was very good. 

We departed early this evening  to get dock space in Miami tomorrow. Light House show was great. Sad to be leaving this ship. YC has been worth every penny!

Edited by eagletwo

4 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

We just left Ocean Cay today on the Meraviglia. First, YC is awesome! Just make sure you bring everything you might need with you the first time to the YC area on Ocean Cay. 

We are pretty savvy on what we need for a beach day. Well, today we did not have our stuff together. Forgot: water shoes (lots of small rocks at the beach area), personal straws, large hat to wear while in the water. 

It is a long ride from the ship to the YC area. Took me about an hour round trip to get the items we forgot. 

I would not pay the $399 for a YC  cabana. They are nice, but I will take the included umbrella and loungers. Same waiters come by to take your drink order. Food at the YC restaurant was very good. 

We departed early this evening  to get dock space in Miami tomorrow. Light House show was great. Sad to be leaving this ship. YC has been worth every penny!

Great to know, thank you!! I think we will skip the cabana due to probably not really needing it for that long. I appreciate the info and glad you had a great trip!!

13 hours ago, eagletwo said:

Thanks for the update.  We were supposed to be getting on in one week and also YC.  Second time missing OC.