Sunrise Progress

matt082600

38 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

They took a level off of the theater to make it the liquid lounge, right? That's the only thing I hated about the sunshine

yes..the theater also has regular chairs like the sunshine..no more tier seating

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

They took a level off of the theater to make it the liquid lounge, right? That's the only thing I hated about the sunshine

I am not a fan of the Liquid Lounge on Sunshine, but it is way better than the Limelight Lounge on Sunshine, which is terrible and that is being generous. 

Sunshine is the only Carnival ship I will likely never cruise on again because of the Limelight Lounge and the location of the Serenity area. On the bright side, it looks like they aren’t repeating these “mistakes” on Sunrise and Radiance. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:28 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I do not have the answer, if the advance info is correct, it will be different than past ones in which the ceremony was done the afternoon the night before.  If it is truly that morning, knowing the New York terminal, I cannot imagine it could not affect the embarkation.  I have not seen anything on whether there will be something special for that cruise, but all should become clear in the next week or so.

The Carnival Sunrise naming ceremony is one of several activities going on in the Manhattan Terminal area that week (and that specific day), so there could certainly be some unique delays happening. I'd done a wee bit of advance research, and found the following site that includes some details of Fleet Week.

http://militarynews.com/app/fleetweeknewyork/events.html

We cruised last year during Fleet Week and didn't have any issues getting to the port or embarking.  In fact, Horizon check-in was quick and fabulous with some type of i-Pad device as soon as you walked in.   (if you've cruised Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne--similar check-in).    The naming ceremony is at 11am and we plan to arrive after that to be able to hopefully get right onboard the Sunrise.  YAY!