Sunrise Progress

matt082600

2 hours ago, BoDidly said:

And the Triumph curse continues . A fire broke out March 21/ 2019  aboard the cruise ship Carnival Triumph during the dry dock in Cadiz, Spain.  Workers evacuated !No injuries were reported !cruise-ship-carnival-triumph-sunrise-fir

That poor ship. Still full of bugs and bad luck at every turn. It needs an exorcism. 

130215093955-06-cruise-docks-0215-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Why such negativity towards this ship?  Don't get it.  Sailed the ship when it was named Triumph more than once and enjoyed each sailing.  Only complaint was that they kept the ship a little too cold for my taste.

MARAPRINCE

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Why such negativity towards this ship?  Don't get it.  Sailed the ship when it was named Triumph more than once and enjoyed each sailing.  Only complaint was that they kept the ship a little too cold for my taste.

MARAPRINCE

Sunrise will come out looking new and fresh.  Not to worry.  The Triumph name just carries a lot of baggage because of a not so stellar history. It had a lot of bad luck sailing and in shipyards. Carnival is not the only line bitten by bad luck. 

Two cases:

Grandeur of the Seas fire burned the back end off the ship. 

Freedom of the Seas caught fire and the idiots were up on deck live streaming while their ship was trying to burn to the water line. 

GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS FIRE.jpg

4 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

That poor ship. Still full of bugs and bad luck at every turn. It needs an exorcism. 

130215093955-06-cruise-docks-0215-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

LOL, how much digging for that last photo...

I still love the film crews desperately looking for unhappy people.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, how much digging for that last photo...

I still love the film crews desperately looking for unhappy people.

They didn't have to look hard.  There were plenty of unhappy people. Free robes and $500 helped, but they still had to catch flights back to their cars and homes.  Their journey was not over.  LOL. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Thorncroft said:

They didn't have to look hard.  There were plenty of unhappy people. Free robes and $500 helped, but they still had to catch flights back to their cars and homes.  Their journey was not over.  LOL. 

If I remember correctly it was a Hush ,Hush situation .  Sign here by accepting our gifts and don't talk to the press.  Wonder how many actually took that bribe err offer  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Interesting view, which of course we are all entitled to our own.  Isn’t Karoke  and where the band plays in evenings on Ocean Way which is new and bigger, isn’t the Serenity area 3 levels bigger, isn’t the Havana area where there used to be a long ago swim up bar area new, isn’t adding the Steakhouse on 4 and the Piano bar on same floor new and bigger, isn’t having Jiji’s and Cucina which are new better, isn’t having a water park for the kids new?  I guess it is all a matter of perspective.  I respect yours...

Not sure how their can be "perspective" on the square feet of an area...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

Freedom of the Seas caught fire and the idiots were up on deck live streaming while their ship was trying to burn to the water line. 

Looks like it was an upper area, and they were close to port.  On a newer ship.  I wouldn't have been worrying a bit to be honest either.  

13 hours ago, BoDidly said:

If I remember correctly it was a Hush ,Hush situation .  Sign here by accepting our gifts and don't talk to the press.  Wonder how many actually took that bribe err offer  😎

The smart ones..... here of any lawsuits that were successful?  Are we really discussing something that happened over six years ago?  I am sure Titanic pictures are coming (oh that would only by if she had a funnel). 

13 hours ago, mapman_2004 said:

Not sure how their can be "perspective" on the square feet of an area...

Who said anything about square footage?  I must have missed that post, can you reference it for me?

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The smart ones..... here of any lawsuits that were successful?  Are we really discussing something that happened over six years ago?  I am sure Titanic pictures are coming (oh that would only by if she had a funnel). 

Six years ago , I was . But you can show your Titanic pictures if you like, I don't have any. It would be interesting.😉

17 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

Looks like Sunrise will sport a dark blue hull and has already had a new duck tail added. 

carnival sunrise.jpg

Makes me wonder if she was the Triumph or Sunrise when that fire broke out on March 21/ 2019.

So when will she actually become Sunrise ? After the ceremony ?

On 3/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, cloudninecat said:

Exactly. I was told by my PVP that it was a brand new ship. I was a little bummed when I found out it was just the Triumph being updated. I liked the Triumph just fine but she was definitely showing her age. 

Yes, I was also sold a "brand new ship". I am sure 200 million is lots of changes but it is certainly not a horizon or a Mardi Gras. But like you, I really like the itinerary and it will be fine I am sure. I did book at a low price and did very little research, so I have no one to blame but myself .

I guess the real question is when her registration was or will be updated with the Commonwealth of the Bahamas - ceremony or not, that’s when the real name change takes place. Presumably since a ship’s name is supposed to be displayed on the hull, the official change will happen prior to completion of the dry dock.