Cruise Critic Community
cruiselover19811981

HELP: BEST NEW JERSEY SHUTTLE SERVICE?

Will be cruising out of Cape Liberty in August on the Adventure of the Seas. Need a reliable shuttle service to take us to our downtown Jersey hotel for our pre-cruise stay from Newark, then to the cruise port, and final leg back to EWR. Any leads? I'd like to book this ASAP. Thanks in advance. 

31 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We had very good luck with Dial7.

Agree. We have used both Dial 7 and Carmel and were pleased.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cruiselover19811981 said:

Will be cruising out of Cape Liberty in August on the Adventure of the Seas. Need a reliable shuttle service to take us to our downtown Jersey hotel for our pre-cruise stay from Newark, then to the cruise port, and final leg back to EWR. Any leads? I'd like to book this ASAP. Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We had very good luck with Dial7.

4 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Agree. We have used both Dial 7 and Carmel and were pleased.

Just to be crystal-clear, both Dial 7 and Carmel Limo come highly recommended by many posters on this board, however they are not "shuttles", but rather are car services that provide private transportation for your traveling party.  Typical shared-ride shuttle services that you'll find in many cities such as SuperShuttle do not provide shared ride service to Cape Liberty, although you can book a shared ride from SuperShuttle from EWR to your hotel in Jersey City.

Also there's absolutely no need to book this far in advance. These car services have large fleets and booking two weeks in advance or even closer to the dates you need is more than enough. 

Edited by njhorseman

Posted (edited)

This area also has a big uber/lyft presence. DH usually Uber’s to the airport but gets in the taxi line on the way home.

Edited by mjkacmom

Thank you all so much for your assistance. I like the reviews I am seeing on Dial7 and am going to give them a call. We are from a smaller city, and my husband and I never have to use public transportation unless we are on a trip and then we use transfer/shuttle services to/from airports and cruise port terminals. We are skeptical with using taxis and services like Uber/Lyft, despite their popularity. I appreciate everyone's input.

5 hours ago, cruiselover19811981 said:

Thank you all so much for your assistance. I like the reviews I am seeing on Dial7 and am going to give them a call. We are from a smaller city, and my husband and I never have to use public transportation unless we are on a trip and then we use transfer/shuttle services to/from airports and cruise port terminals. We are skeptical with using taxis and services like Uber/Lyft, despite their popularity. I appreciate everyone's input.

We had never used Uber either and had some concerns. However it ended up being easier than we imagined (had our adult son add the app to our iPhone and explain how to use it). We used it for the first time from EWR to our Elizabeth Town hotel...from our hotel to Cape Liberty and from Cape Liberty back to EWR...very easy and cheap...no problems at all.

I booked with Dial 7. Very reasonable, and don't have to even pay in advance until we are in the car. I suppose this is due to toll roads. We always prepaidbour shuttles on past cruises (eg in Seattle & Miami)