HELP: BEST NEW JERSEY SHUTTLE SERVICE?

Will be cruising out of Cape Liberty in August on the Adventure of the Seas. Need a reliable shuttle service to take us to our downtown Jersey hotel for our pre-cruise stay from Newark, then to the cruise port, and final leg back to EWR. Any leads? I'd like to book this ASAP. Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, cruiselover19811981 said:

Will be cruising out of Cape Liberty in August on the Adventure of the Seas. Need a reliable shuttle service to take us to our downtown Jersey hotel for our pre-cruise stay from Newark, then to the cruise port, and final leg back to EWR. Any leads? I'd like to book this ASAP. Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We had very good luck with Dial7.

4 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Agree. We have used both Dial 7 and Carmel and were pleased.

Just to be crystal-clear, both Dial 7 and Carmel Limo come highly recommended by many posters on this board, however they are not "shuttles", but rather are car services that provide private transportation for your traveling party.  Typical shared-ride shuttle services that you'll find in many cities such as SuperShuttle do not provide shared ride service to Cape Liberty, although you can book a shared ride from SuperShuttle from EWR to your hotel in Jersey City.

Also there's absolutely no need to book this far in advance. These car services have large fleets and booking two weeks in advance or even closer to the dates you need is more than enough. 

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you all so much for your assistance. I like the reviews I am seeing on Dial7 and am going to give them a call. We are from a smaller city, and my husband and I never have to use public transportation unless we are on a trip and then we use transfer/shuttle services to/from airports and cruise port terminals. We are skeptical with using taxis and services like Uber/Lyft, despite their popularity. I appreciate everyone's input.

5 hours ago, cruiselover19811981 said:

Thank you all so much for your assistance. I like the reviews I am seeing on Dial7 and am going to give them a call. We are from a smaller city, and my husband and I never have to use public transportation unless we are on a trip and then we use transfer/shuttle services to/from airports and cruise port terminals. We are skeptical with using taxis and services like Uber/Lyft, despite their popularity. I appreciate everyone's input.

We had never used Uber either and had some concerns. However it ended up being easier than we imagined (had our adult son add the app to our iPhone and explain how to use it). We used it for the first time from EWR to our Elizabeth Town hotel...from our hotel to Cape Liberty and from Cape Liberty back to EWR...very easy and cheap...no problems at all.

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, cruiselover19811981 said:

When in August are you cruising?  We are on the Summit leaving on August 4th.  We have only ever cruised out of FL or San Juan and also from a small town so the transportation thing is kind of nerve racking for us as well. There are only 2 of us on this cruise and flying in the night before. I am still looking into hotels.

Sherri

4 hours ago, hues of blue said:

When in August are you cruising?  We are on the Summit leaving on August 4th.  We have only ever cruised out of FL or San Juan and also from a small town so the transportation thing is kind of nerve racking for us as well. There are only 2 of us on this cruise and flying in the night before. I am still looking into hotels.

Sherri

What hotels are you looking at?  Hotel budget?  You can book Embassy Suites and purchase Cruiseport transportation for $20/pp.  Also look at Country Inns which has a cruise package.  The budget choice would be the cruisepackage through trinityreservations.com at the Ramada for $200 tax included for a room and round trip port transportation.

2 hours ago, 138east said:

What hotels are you looking at?  Hotel budget?  You can book Embassy Suites and purchase Cruiseport transportation for $20/pp.  Also look at Country Inns which has a cruise package.  The budget choice would be the cruisepackage through trinityreservations.com at the Ramada for $200 tax included for a room and round trip port transportation.

Thanks for the info. Ideally would like to keep hotel around $150.00 then figure in transportation to the port ( so around $200.00 total).  Sounds like Ramada would keep us near our budget.  I will also check the others you mentioned,thank you so much.

Sherri

15 minutes ago, hues of blue said:

Thanks for the info. Ideally would like to keep hotel around $150.00 then figure in transportation to the port ( so around $200.00 total).  Sounds like Ramada would keep us near our budget.  I will also check the others you mentioned,thank you so much.

Sherri

I have done the park, sleep, cruise package at the Ramada and would recommend it.  It’s a great deal and a reasonable but not fancy hotel. The Newark airport hotels are not vacation destinations.  This is a full service hotel with a bar/restaurant and nice cafe area.  There is also a full service Doubletree next door, but, like most of the airport hotels, no other restaurants or services nearby.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used GoAirlinksNYC for a private van? I have been emailing them and they have been very helpful but then I looked at reviews on Yelp and Trip Adviser and now not sure. I know they also have MY Sedan for private so maybe the bad reviews were for the shared shuttle whick I know can be a nighmare if you are the last to be picked up and dropped off.

We are a group of 6 adults and with two luggage each so looking for the private van.

We will be doing a pickup from Cape Liberty to hotel near Times Square and the hotel to Newark airport a few days later.