Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

6 hours ago, iata said:

I did,nt receive any bid invitation for my january 5th.  Did somebody receive invitations yet around those sailing dates

We got an email invitation on Sept 24 for our Dec 12, 2022 sailing.  

6 minutes ago, kml246 said:

We got an email invitation on Sept 24 for our Dec 12, 2022 sailing.  

think they maybe do them in batches

I got two on that date, one for my November 19th cruise and the other for December 12th

2 minutes ago, trk_koa said:

I just received our upgrade offers email for January 7 Pursuit.

We are already in a continent suite N2 so the only benefit of ocean or owner would be space, correct?

You would get $300 pp OBC and possibly an event ( Best of the Best meal is currently not happening) otherwise it’s just the extra space.

5 hours ago, trk_koa said:

I just received our upgrade offers email for January 7 Pursuit.

We are already in a continent suite N2 so the only benefit of ocean or owner would be space, correct?

Yes, and the OBC and the opportunity to be in the bow if in an ocean suite, which wouldn’t ever by my choice!  Very rough in high seas.  Others may choose it, however.  The Owners  suite would be sweet, however! 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Yes, and the OBC and the opportunity to be in the bow if in an ocean suite, which wouldn’t ever by my choice!  Very rough in high seas.  Others may choose it, however.  The Owners  suite would be sweet, however! 😀

Ocean Suite is ideal for doing the Panama or Kiel Canal, sailing into Kotor or Venice, going in or out of the Seine or Guadalquivir, etc.  Only location where you can see forward and not be behind glass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First time cruiser with Azamara booked in a CC suite of the Jan 24th 2023 S America cruise for 17 nights. Got the following upgrade offers, all minimum bid shown, in pounds sterling, per cabin (not per person)

Spa suite £3540

Ocean suite £4950

Owner's suite £6190

Maybe this won't count for the spreadsheet because I have no intention of bidding at these levels. Looking at others' offers and bids, it seems the sweet spot is verandah to CC suite, those seem much more affordable for the extra 50% space and the suite benefits. If there is another time, I might book a veranda and bid for a CC suite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, federalexpress said:

First time cruiser with Azamara booked in a CC suite of the Jan 24th 2023 S America cruise for 17 nights. Got the following upgrade offers, all minimum bid shown, in pounds sterling, per cabin (not per person)

Spa suite £3540

Ocean suite £4950

Owner's suite £6190

Maybe this won't count for the spreadsheet because I have no intention of bidding at these levels. Looking at others' offers and bids, it seems the sweet spot is verandah to CC suite, those seem much more affordable for the extra 50% space and the suite benefits. If there is another time, I might book a veranda and bid for a CC suite.

Thanks for that, despite no bid made it’s still useful for the spreadsheet. People like to get an idea about what upgrade bids might be expected.

• Like 2

Just been informed that our upgrade bid was successful for our 29 October Athens to Dubai cruise on Quest. We’re Discoverer. The least we could bid was £340 to go from OV to Veranda. We made a weak bid of £360 & just heard today that we got it! I’ve added this to the spreadsheet 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just been informed that our upgrade bid was successful for our 29 October Athens to Dubai cruise on Quest. We’re Discoverer. The least we could bid was £340 to go from OV to Veranda. We made a weak bid of £360 & just heard today that we got it! I’ve added this to the spreadsheet 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

Congratulations!!

• Like 1

January 7, 2023 Pursuit, 17 nt. South America/Antarctica

Discoverer booked in club continent suite.

Here is our offer:

Club World Owner’s Suite from $3,500 USD pp

Club Ocean Suite from $2800 USD pp

Club Spa Suite from $2000 USD pp

We don’t intend to bid.

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Grandma - You got to move from an OV to a balcony for $24 per day on a 17 day cruise?  WOW!

• Like 2

When looking at the information for bidding on Azamara - they state that Azamara Circle members do have priority based on their level tier.  They must not be using the same company that handles Celebrity and Royal Caribbean upgrades since they give nothing based on your level.

Have others found that this did help?  We are Discover Plus - would appreciate any thoughts - thank you and stay well and safe

7 hours ago, trk_koa said:

January 7, 2023 Pursuit, 17 nt. South America/Antarctica

Discoverer booked in club continent suite.

Here is our offer:

Club World Owner’s Suite from $3,500 USD pp

Club Ocean Suite from $2800 USD pp

Club Spa Suite from $2000 USD pp

We don’t intend to bid.

Thanks, added to the spreadsheet

2 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

When looking at the information for bidding on Azamara - they state that Azamara Circle members do have priority based on their level tier.  They must not be using the same company that handles Celebrity and Royal Caribbean upgrades since they give nothing based on your level.

Have others found that this did help?  We are Discover Plus - would appreciate any thoughts - thank you and stay well and safe

Not seen any evidence it helps indeed on personal experience, in the past we bid more than someone in a lower tier and they got an upgrade and we did not.

We no longer take part in the scheme chosing to buy the room we want from the outset

• Like 1

1st December Onward 11 nights

Offered min £75 pp to move from a Verandah to Verandah plus and £370 pp to move to a Club Continental.

Loyalty level Platinum

Not planning to bid -  the added value for a Verandah Plus does not exist for us (we get the internet anyway) and the location of the new room could be worse.  Likewise, if you ignore a little more room space, I can buy speciality restaurants and be sure I have a room with a walk in shower.  Cannot risk getting a tub suite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

My understanding was your level was a tiebreaker in case bids were the same.  So worth $0.01.

• Like 1