Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Can’t remember, but I do remember that it was pretty clear to me what I was expecting to pay - £360

We are new to Azamara and biding. If I may pick your brain again. We are booked on the Onward Dec. 22, 2022 cruise in an inside cabin.  There appears that there are almost 60 Oceanview cabins available vs. 24 TOTAL inside cabins. Is that possible?

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We are new to Azamara and biding. If I may pick your brain again. We are booked on the Onward Dec. 22, 2022 cruise in an inside cabin.  There appears that there are almost 60 Oceanview cabins available vs. 24 TOTAL inside cabins. Is that possible?

I’ve just done a (roughish) count of Onward’s cabins & I make it 26 inside cabins in total and 79 Oceanview in total. On top of that there are 160 veranda, 10 veranda plus, 56 Club Continent Suites & 10 large suites. That makes 341 in total which is about right.
Don’t forget that some people may have booked a ‘guarantee’ Oceanview, so if you do a ‘mock’ booking to look at vacant cabins, their cabins will still show up as empty.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve just done a (roughish) count of Onward’s cabins & I make it 26 inside cabins in total and 79 Oceanview in total. On top of that there are 160 veranda, 10 veranda plus, 56 Club Continent Suites & 10 large suites. That makes 341 in total which is about right.
Don’t forget that some people may have booked a ‘guarantee’ Oceanview, so if you do a ‘mock’ booking to look at vacant cabins, their cabins will still show up as empty.

Two spa suites!

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks.

• Like 1

Last week I received a bid email for my December 21 17-night cruise on Quest.  I have a V2 club veranda suite on deck 7 and was offered Club Continent for AU$610pp.  As far as I can tell, the cruise is just about full except for the top suites, so a couple of current CC occupants will need to bid for World Suites before Club Continent suites become available anyway.  I do not think our loyalty level has anything to do with it, noted many years ago. 

Anyway, as a solo cruiser I cannot see the value of paying AU$1220 even for the shower, a bottle of gin and specialty restaurants.  Nor can a fellow couple on our roll call.  I am tempted to bid just to see what happens!  (But it would be a waste of money.)  I do acknowledge that is a really good offer, though.

We got an upgrade email for the 2022 Onward Christmas cruise. We have inside cabin. So, I checked the prices for the same Christmas cruise in 2023. The difference in price for an OV is $640. The minimum upgrade bid is $400. The difference in price for a Veranda is $1,760. The minimum upgrade bid is $2,000.  I don’t get it.

Edited by KevintheIrishDJ

It is irrelevant to compare the price to the 2023 cruise. The Christmas cruise 2022 is almost sold out, that is why the upgrade prices are as quoted. There are only a few obstructed Oceanview cabins available in that category.

If you can afford the time,  you may get an excellent offer whilst you are onboard for the next cruise as there is a lot of availability on that one, starts January 5.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

It is irrelevant to compare the price to the 2023 cruise. The Christmas cruise 2022 is almost sold out, that is why the upgrade prices are as quoted. There are only a few obstructed Oceanview cabins available in that category.

If you can afford the time,  you may get an excellent offer whilst you are onboard for the next cruise as there is a lot of availability on that one, starts January 5.

I used 2023 prices because 2022 aren't available anymore. There are 60 OV cabins available.

6 hours ago, Port Power said:

Last week I received a bid email for my December 21 17-night cruise on Quest.  I have a V2 club veranda suite on deck 7 and was offered Club Continent for AU$610pp.  As far as I can tell, the cruise is just about full except for the top suites, so a couple of current CC occupants will need to bid for World Suites before Club Continent suites become available anyway.  I do not think our loyalty level has anything to do with it, noted many years ago. 

Anyway, as a solo cruiser I cannot see the value of paying AU$1220 even for the shower, a bottle of gin and specialty restaurants.  Nor can a fellow couple on our roll call.  I am tempted to bid just to see what happens!  (But it would be a waste of money.)  I do acknowledge that is a really good offer, though.

Thanks for the information - added it to the spreadsheet. Can you let me know what your loyalty level is, please and also if you do decide to bid.

4 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We got an upgrade email for the 2022 Onward Christmas cruise. We have inside cabin. So, I checked the prices for the same Christmas cruise in 2023. The difference in price for an OV is $640. The minimum upgrade bid is $400. The difference in price for a Veranda is $1,760. The minimum upgrade bid is $2,000.  I don’t get it.

I presume those upgrade bid prices were per person and I think your loyalty level is Adventurer (first cruise) - just for the spreadsheet. Did you decide to bid?

51 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I presume those upgrade bid prices were per person and I think your loyalty level is Adventurer (first cruise) - just for the spreadsheet. Did you decide to bid?

We are explorer level due to cruises on other lines. I bid minimum on all 3 upgrades. The numbers I used are total.

We received and upgrade email for our November 19th  11 night cruise on the Pursuit.  We are currently booked in a Veranda and were offered the following minimum bids - the prices are Australian dollars

upgrade to Veranda Plus $150 pp 

upgrade to CC $610

upgrade to Spa Suite $3210

upgrade to Ocean Suite $3830

upgrade to World Suite $4290

This will be our first Azamara cruise so have no loyalty level.

10 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

We received and upgrade email for our November 19th  11 night cruise on the Pursuit.  We are currently booked in a Veranda and were offered the following minimum bids - the prices are Australian dollars

upgrade to Veranda Plus $150 pp 

upgrade to CC $610

upgrade to Spa Suite $3210

upgrade to Ocean Suite $3830

upgrade to World Suite $4290

This will be our first Azamara cruise so have no loyalty level.

Thanks for the information. Added it to the spreadsheet  Did you make any bids?

On 10/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for the information. Added it to the spreadsheet  Did you make any bids?

Not  yet - It is a relatively quiet cruise with only 139 cabins booked.  We are trying out Azamara as trial for a World cruise so will possibly stay in the balcony as I wont be able to afford a suite for the big one 🙂 however, if we do bid I will let you know.

Edited by Janet&Carl
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Quest 8 night 7th October 2022. 

Currently in V2. Minimum bid for Club Continent Suite £370 pp. Bid £400 pp. Successful. Loyalty Discoverer Platinum. 

Phil 

Nice one Phil, but I thought you were looking after that V2 for when we get on the following cruise! 😂😂

• Haha 1