Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

39 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Woohoo. Just heard that our bid was successful! 

That’s great. Can’t see previous information about your bid, but if you let me know the following I can add it to the spreadsheet 

Cruise start date, cruise length & area it goes to, minimum bid required, bid made & was it ‘weak’ etc. your loyalty level.Original cabin type & cabin bid for.

thanks

5 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Sorry I didn't save the specific details you ask for re costs/strength etc. It's the 11 days Intensive Italy cruise. I don't know what 'level'  we're on. It's our first on Azamara if that means something.

We've gone from verandah to club continent suite. 

That’s great thanks, all added to the spreadsheet. Just one more thing that would be really helpful - how much was your bid per person & in total.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xxsamoakesxx said:

Azamara Pursuit - 10th October 2022

Croatia intensive

Booked 06 Oceanview 

Bid Minimum £170pp - offered £185pp (£370 Total) for Club Veranda

Accepted today - Received V1 Club Veranda 

Congratulations. Thanks for the information. Added to spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

What loyalty level are you?

On 10/5/2022 at 6:16 PM, combine said:

Nice one Phil, but I thought you were looking after that V2 for when we get on the following cruise! 😂😂

Is it just my phone/laptop....., but I keep getting an e-mail notification about this response? (Three times today and twice yesterday.)

Sorry...x

54 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

Is it just my phone/laptop....., but I keep getting an e-mail notification about this response? (Three times today and twice yesterday.)

Sorry...x

Sorry no idea why. Perhaps Phil just wanted you to know how fortunate he was ! Not sure how you cancel notifications. 

I have a question.

I bid for a "better" room for my upcoming cruise on October 21. 

When I go to my email in which my bid is confirmed you can click the button " modify". When I click that, it's not possible to modify my bid. There's just no button to click or field to fill out. 

Originally I received an email that said I was allowed to make an offer (which I did) but when I open this (old) email it says I'm not eligible for an upgrade. 

Does anyone else have the same experience? What can it mean (couldn't find it in the FAQ)?

Thank you. 

Jo

5 hours ago, Dudeljo said:

I have a question.

I bid for a "better" room for my upcoming cruise on October 21. 

When I go to my email in which my bid is confirmed you can click the button " modify". When I click that, it's not possible to modify my bid. There's just no button to click or field to fill out. 

Originally I received an email that said I was allowed to make an offer (which I did) but when I open this (old) email it says I'm not eligible for an upgrade. 

Does anyone else have the same experience? What can it mean (couldn't find it in the FAQ)?

Thank you. 

Jo

At that date (October 21) they're probably closed off the bidding. Thant's all I can think of.

Thank you, that sounds logical but on their website they claim you can modify or withdraw your bid till 72 hours before boarding. And although time travels fast, it's still 11 days to the cruise. Well, I guess I will find out soon.

Well, today I got an email about my upgrade, it was successful!

Here are all the facts for the spreadsheet.

bid date August 7, 2022

cruise date October 21, 2022

cruise length 8 nights

loyalty level Discoverer

minimum bid per stateroom USD 730

amount bid per stateroom USD 954

cabin type booked veranda

cabin type bid for cc suite

final bid per night USD 119

bid strength weak

outcome succesful

notified 8 days before the cruise

Hope this helps you Grandma Cruising

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gojocruise said:

Can someone tell me how i find out how to place a bid. Is it by email invitation only? Or is there a link on the Azamara website to do this?

Jo, it's by email invitation.  I believe not all category of fares/bookings (ie. interline rates, etc) qualify for an upgrade or your cruise could be full.  When your receive that invitation to bid will also depend on your sail date. We've had a number of invitation emails for upcoming voyages to bid recently and they are for cruises 29 October and 18 November sailings, nothing yet for our January 7 and 24 cruises.  To us it doesn't always represent good value as we always book a stateroom that we are happy with in the first place. We are indeed fortunate to be able to do that. Hope this helps you. As far as I'm aware there is not facility to lodge an upgrade bid on the Azamara website. 

12 hours ago, gojocruise said:

Can someone tell me how i find out how to place a bid. Is it by email invitation only? Or is there a link on the Azamara website to do this?

Here’s a link to the page on the U.K. website:

https://www.azamara.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-programme

If you don’t qualify you should get a message to that effect but it might just be that upgrade bids aren’t open yet.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:01 PM, Dudeljo said:

Thank you, that sounds logical but on their website they claim you can modify or withdraw your bid till 72 hours before boarding. And although time travels fast, it's still 11 days to the cruise. Well, I guess I will find out soon.

That happened to me when I bid for a suite on the Celebrity Beyond. I was unable to cancel or modify my bid. Shortly after I was advised my bid had been accepted so I would assume yours has been too. 

1 hour ago, iata said:

I did,nt receive any bid invitation for my january 5th.  Did somebody receive invitations yet around those sailing dates

I was able to go to the program web page and enter my confirmation number and last name in the fields titled something like ‘lookup to see if your cruise qualifies.’

After doing this the upgrades available and minimum bids were shown.  If clicked on a slider allowed bid adjustments and after a was bid entered the next page was an enter payment details page.

Didn’t finish as my partner didn’t want to bid, but an email offer wasn’t needed that I could tell, though some rooms and rates may not have an upgrade available.  For example, spa suites and owners suite were not available for a bid.

Edited by Pizzasteve

I did try that, and it says or the bid is not started yet, or there is none on that cruise, wich seems odds.  On every cruise with Azamara we were able to bid.  It’s a mystery.  That’s why I asked if someone on the Onward jan 05 cruise already can bid, it might be a glitch, I don’t know