Christchurch, New Zealand mass homicides

Copper10-8

Our thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to the victims and family members, and to the always friendly Kiwis in general, for yet another horrific and senseless mass shooting at two separate mosques that claimed the lives of, at last count, 59 innocent people, this time in beautiful Christchurch, New Zealand. :classic_sad: 

Christchurch/Akaroa is a regular stop in the southern hemisphere summer/early fall season for HAL's Noordam which was just there yesterday, March 14

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, erewhon said:

A sad day for Christchurch and NZ. The gunman had originally planned to attack the Mosque in our city where he was living, but went to Christchurch where the Mosque was larger.

Glad to hear you and Mrs. Erewhon are OK, Phil! A sad day for New Zealand indeed. Never thought it would happen in your beautiful country

We have just returned from a cruise to New Zealand on board the Noordam.  We didn't get to Christchurch as the ships dock at Akaroa these days, but we've been there a few times and love the city.  Such horror and hate by one of my fellow Australians.  Is this ever going to stop?  RIP the innocent people who lost their lives.

Ozcruizer

I have been fortunate to visit many areas of our world and New Zealand is a stand out as to a Nation whose citizens are as friendly and welcoming as one would wish.  My heart aches tonight because of what their country and they are having to endure because of this tragedy.  And, to compound that negativity, for such to have happened in a beautiful city that was so impacted by an earthquake not long ago.  

Of course the news is around the world of the horrific events in Christchurch and we are deeply saddened by it.  The people of New Zealand must be devastated.  During our wonder-filled month in New Zealand we found New Zealanders always caring and compassionate but alas we are all vulnerable to the global ills.  Courage in the face of vulnerability is what we must put forth, together.   To our Kiwi friends: Take extra good care of each other healing from this trauma, and keep moving forward.  
Caring thoughts to you all, 
Maureen

• 3 weeks later...

I believe in prayer; however, I also believe in action and was impressed by the actions and compassion shown by New Zealand's prime minister.  Would that we in the United States would not only pray but would demand sensible, intelligent action from our political leaders. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1