deck 6 or 11

bridetobe53108

Please help me pick a room!  All that is left is deck 6, back or front, and deck 11 (balcony rooms).   We have never been up that high so I am unsure and I can't find reviews.  It's our first cruise with our kids so I am concerned with the noise from the below deck 5. Carnival Liberty. Spa deck 11 would cost a slight amount more. Thanks for any advice!! 

Edited by bridetobe53108

If it's noise you're concerned about, forward and aft on deck six should probably be avoided (main theater forward, lounges aft both below). The balcony cabins on deck 11 only have Camp Carnival and Serenity above, below are cabins so it's likely to be more quiet up there. Not having stayed in cabins in either of these locations, I cannot say from experience but that's what I see on the deck plans.

31 minutes ago, joepeka said:

If it's noise you're concerned about, forward and aft on deck six should probably be avoided (main theater forward, lounges aft both below). The balcony cabins on deck 11 only have Camp Carnival and Serenity above, below are cabins so it's likely to be more quiet up there. Not having stayed in cabins in either of these locations, I cannot say from experience but that's what I see on the deck plans.

Thank you for the response.  I have been studying the deck plans all day and cannot decide!!  Along with noise I am also  concerned about the motion.  Basically I am worried about everything lol

Deck 11 for sure. Deck 6 would definitely be a gamble with noise from below. As far as motion I’ve stayed on many decks from 1 to 12 aft, middle and forward and have never noticed a difference in motion. If the seas are rough you’re going to feel it all over. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bridetobe53108 said:

Thank you for the response.  I have been studying the deck plans all day and cannot decide!!  Along with noise I am also  concerned about the motion.  Basically I am worried about everything lol

Go and have a good time.

You will find that most of the things you read about on here do not translate to reality when you are actually on the ship.

I'd pick deck 11 over deck 6 every single time. I enjoy being higher up and have never had any problems with motion. We also like being closer to the Lido deck for those late-night munchies. There is usually very little foot traffic and less noise as well.

I like being closer to Lido since most of my sea days are spent there, movies under the stars are there and the pizza, ice cream & buffet are there.  

However, if you are wanting to do a lot of the indoor trivia, games, shows, then you may well prefer deck 6.  

I've never noticed a difference in location as far as movement is concerned, but I know it is a big factor for some people.  

Always look at what is directly above or below any cabin you are considering.  We just back from Freedom and were on Deck 8 right below the Lido dining area.  Didn't think it would be too bad, but it constantly sounded like some major furniture being moved and dropped up there.  Also kept hearing rolling carts constantly.  Woke me up as early as 5:30 in the morning pretty much every day.  Won't book there again.

I wouldn't want to ever be right above or below the main theater, rear lounges or the piano bar.  Each of those can generate a lot of noise early or late in the day.

Deck 7 is usually about the best deck because every cabin has only cabins above and below them.

Here’s a hint when coming back from ports if you choose deck 11....unless you are going to walk the stairs, go up one flight, walk forward or aft to the next set of elevators. This way you will avoid the crowds waiting for elevators where you embark from ports. Deck 6 isn’t a bad walk for stairs.

For our third cruise, we were upgraded to the Panorama Deck (10).  From that time on, we have never booked anything but that deck other than on our last cruise on the Horion, that deck became Deck 11.  So close to all of the action and as others have said, there is very little foot traffic on those upper decks.  We too have never noticed any more motion up there than anywhere else on the ship.  If the seas are rough, you'll feel it no matter where you are.

Deck 11 is very quiet. The balconies have no roof and people from serenity can look right down on your balcony. If the seas are very rough, usually they aren't, you will notice it more up there than in the middle and lower. 

Either way, have a great cruise!

Edited by Lottacruises

19 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

Go and have a good time.

You will find that most of the things you read about on here do not translate to reality when you are actually on the ship.

This may be the best advice I've read on CC in years.  This should be quoted at the top of the website for all to see each time they enter.

I have stayed on the spa deck on the Magic, and it was fantastic. The decor in the room is a little nicer and you will have spa bath products instead of the usual soap and shampoo in the dispenser. You will have free access for two to the spa amenities like the sauna, mineral pool and heated loungers (which are heavenly right before bed). You have to have your sign and sail card to get into these particular rooms. You will also have robes and slippers in your closet and yellow Carnival beach towels.

However, we did feel movement on the spa deck. Because it was so close to the front of the ship, we could feel the front of the ship going up and down in the water for the first couple of nights. Despite the movement, I would choose the spa room every single time over a room above the lounge. We stayed below the lido deck once and will never do it again. We were awoken every morning to the sound of chairs being dragged around. It was terrible.

Also, if you have never had a balcony, do it. Having a balcony makes all the difference on a cruise! It is so peaceful and relaxing.

If those were my choices, given the concerns, I'd pick deck 6 forward as close to mid ship as possible at least closer to the stairs and the forward elevators.  This gets you further back from the Venetian Lounge ( where activity and music generally are over around 10PM-10:30PM).  And lower deck, less impact.

We booked our first Spa Balcony on 11 with our Kids on the Dream last October. We loved it so much we already have the same category booked again on the Breeze this October. I LOVE being that close to Lido, the Spa, Camp Ocean, etc.. Plus the back elevator (that most people don't know about or use) that takes you right to the spa or Serenity deck is great. I would not worry about the movement, unless you are very easily prone to seasickness. It only helps me sleep. I think you will be very happy with the 11th floor as we were.

5 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

Deck 11 is very quiet. The balconies have no roof and people from serenity can look right down on your balcony. If the seas are very rough, usually they aren't, you will notice it more up there than in the middle and lower. 

Either way, have a great cruise!

I was thinking Deck 11 might have the risk of being noisy in the early morning with the crew moving the deck chairs above around, but I'll defer to your first hand experience.

Either way, none of these cabins is likely to be truly bad, just not as optimal as some others. I's say the aft of deck 6 is probably riskier for noise with the lounges below that might have music later than the theater below the front of deck 6 would.

We've heard a little of the chair scraping but it seems all cabins have a noise or two here and there. I enjoyed my times up there, for sure. I would pick a lower one just to have a bit more privacy. 

Coves are my absolute favorite though, love that closeness to the water!