Self disembarkation San Pedro

4cats4me

It’s been several years since we’ve taken  cruise out of San Pedro. What time does Princess generally allow

passengers to self-disembark?  We have a long drive home, so the earlier the better.  

The search function wasn’t cooperating this morning.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

It’s been several years since we’ve taken  cruise out of San Pedro. What time does Princess generally allow

passengers to self-disembark?  We have a long drive home, so the earlier the better.  

The search function wasn’t cooperating this morning.  Thanks. 

Last week self disembarkation began around 7am. That's the normal. 

• Thanks 1

Our experiences seemed closer to 8:00 --- but we weren't there last week :classic_biggrin:   --- I do remember one bad one where we were stuffed in the Wheelhouse Bar until at least 8:30   (we were the earliest group) 

Shout out to the the really nice lady that loads the elevator in the terminal.  They don't let you use the escalator if you are rolling bags.  She gets everyone queued up firmly and politely.  There is no issue with someone rushing the elevator with her on the job.  She then directs everyone where to stand in elevator to get the maximum load per ride.  She does a terrific job and always has a smile on her face.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  I was kind of hoping that walkoffs commenced as early as 6:05 or 6:20 like in Ft. Lauderdale.  I just pulled the old disembarkation schedules, but I couldn’t find any for San Pedro.  Just so we’re on the road no later than 8:30, hopefully, as we have 8 hour drive.  

• 1 month later...

I want to follow up with this thread and state that we were in the first walk-off group, and we disembarked promptly at 7:15 and drove out of the parking lot 20 minutes later, so we achieved our goal of leaving by our target time of no later than 8:30 

One of the easiest disembarks off all time.  

FWIW, there were 10 walk-off groups, spanning from 7:05-7:40 I believe, and since we gathered in the Platinun/Suites/Elite Lounge, they called ALL walk-off groups to go, basically giving us a head start before the general announcement  , and then we heard them making the general announcement for walk-off group A’s as we filed past the Wheelhouse.  

Edited by 4cats4me

Just now, taylorhhan said:

Walk off started at 7am last week. 

We were actually called at 6:58 but stood at the security door until 7:15.  They had cleared us to go but then revoked it, so the line was wrapped around the atrium.  Once we got the all clear, of course it moved very quickly.   

On 4/26/2019 at 9:35 PM, 4cats4me said:

I want to follow up with this thread and state that we were in the first walk-off group, and we disembarked promptly at 7:15 and drove out of the parking lot 20 minutes later, so we achieved our goal of leaving by our target time of no later than 8:30 

One of the easiest disembarks off all time.  

FWIW, there were 10 walk-off groups, spanning from 7:05-7:40 I believe, and since we gathered in the Platinun/Suites/Elite Lounge, they called ALL walk-off groups to go, basically giving us a head start before the general announcement  , and then we heard them making the general announcement for walk-off group A’s as we filed past the Wheelhouse.  

Good information. Thank you.

Our Nov 1 cruise disembarks at San Pedro early morning on the 4th. As we will more than likely clear US customs and immigrants upon boarding in Vancouver, we should be able get off with our bags and be outside in no time at all. The plan is to get to the Avis rental place just as it opens at 8AM. Just need to order an Uber as we get off the ship to get us over to Long Beach to pick up the rental car. With any luck, we’ll be back home around 10AM, so just slightly late for work that day! 😉

On 4/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, 4cats4me said:

We were actually called at 6:58 but stood at the security door until 7:15.  They had cleared us to go but then revoked it, so the line was wrapped around the atrium.  Once we got the all clear, of course it moved very quickly.   

We may have been right along there with you.  We were on the 4/20 disembarkation off the Royal and were called around 7:05 AM for disembarkation.  There were some people in line right behind us with way too much luggage to handle on their own right behind us so there was no line behind us.  We got out in just minutes ... no real wait at the CBP line and walked down to berth 92 for our Uber.  We actually made it to the Long Beach airport by 7:45 AM ... unheard of, right?  We just had carry on luggage so even tried to get onto the 8:15 AM flight back home.  They were just about to switch us out when the late passengers for that flight showed up.  Oh well .... it's at least an extremely comfortable airport to hang out for a couple of hours.  

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

I was unaware that the Captain had any real control of the disembarkation time. 

The Captain is not involved. It is communication between DHS and the ship's hotel staff as to when disembarkation begins, and which groups are ready to disembark throughout the disembarkation process.