AARP Rewards locked

canes20

On 3/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, n6uqqq said:

I guess the user who provided these codes will have to take the saint out of him name :classic_biggrin:. But yes we are completely at fault here for thinking of a free lunch!

Did you guys know the codes were "suspect" or were you led to believe that they were legit. Either way hope you guys get it worked out.

17 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Anyone on here who was locked out, still not able to use rewards for good? I have been able to earn points but cannot log in to spend points. Phone rep tells me they are still investigating and have not unlocked accounts yet but it previously sounded like at least some on these boards were immediately restored. How much investigating can it take?

I am still locked out, but have turned to the allstate drivewise and it is working out good!

2 minutes ago, gtouch said:

Did you guys know the codes were "suspect" or were you led to believe that they were legit. Either way hope you guys get it worked out.

I didn't know the code was suspect, but aarp let it enter multiple times , and well, some of us got carried away 😉

Nothing to indicate the codes weren’t legit and even if used once, you were locked out.

Good news for Allstate I guess. I just haven’t wanted to figure out another system since I don’t have Allstate ins. (I know you don’t have to but still have to jump through hoops)

7 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Nothing to indicate the codes weren’t legit and even if used once, you were locked out.

Good news for Allstate I guess. I just haven’t wanted to figure out another system since I don’t have Allstate ins. (I know you don’t have to but still have to jump through hoops)

At first I was reluctant also, but it turned out to work pretty darn good, in fact easier to accrue points than AARP

IMHO.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:47 PM, cruizinisthebest said:

very easy to earn points in less than 2 years I have 400k points and have bought over 5k in gift cards already saving me $500.

some keys to earning.  First join for double points, log in daily 75 points,  tie your fit bit to site and walk 10k steps a day 150 points.  Take daily quiz's first every day, 120 points, weeklies each Sunday, (mcheck your news leters for extra points weekly) monthly's first day of month, yearly's each year.  always take quiz's in the order stated until you hits your 5k daily limit,  Save the one time only quiz's until you have used up the weeklies, monthlies this will maximize your earn.  If you take the one time only quiz's first you are leaving daily, weekly and monthly points on the table each day.

BTW each time I've ordered gift cards the have sent me a bonus 1000 point code

good luck

I saw someone post a code on a social media sight.  I receive MY OWN code several times a week through AARP email.  There's no need to use a code that was not sent to your email address.  I wonder if that's how people get locked out?

I am enrolled in AARP Rewards as well as Allstate Rewards.  

2 hours ago, Sparky2 said:

I saw someone post a code on a social media sight.  I receive MY OWN code several times a week through AARP email.  There's no need to use a code that was not sent to your email address.  I wonder if that's how people get locked out?

I am enrolled in AARP Rewards as well as Allstate Rewards.  

Yes, they got locked out because they used a code that was able to be entered more than once. Not sure if it was a glitched code that came from AARP or if it originated from outside sources.

Nowadays, I only get a couple codes a month through AARP's emails. I'm signed up for all the newsletters. I used to get more, but at some point they stopped coming. Even back then, I wasn't getting several a week.