How are the Swans doing, 2019

Swans next game is Sunday at 3.20pm at SCG. Swan’s forwards, particularly Buddy couldn’t get into the game. He took a nice pack mark and kicked a beautiful long goal but that was about it. 

Leigh

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Buddy just seems like he is marked so tightly he can never get into his stride, he is also seems so much slower now so easier to contain.

Yep the greats get marked tight, you also often see it in second season syndrome where a player has a great debut season and 2nd season he is spotted closely so is much quieter.

and Buddy is getting on in years (32 I think) so natural he has slowed up, some players make up for that with a bit of cunning, don’t write the old fellow off yet.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep the greats get marked tight, you also often see it in second season syndrome where a player has a great debut season and 2nd season he is spotted closely so is much quieter.

and Buddy is getting on in years (32 I think) so natural he has slowed up, some players make up for that with a bit of cunning, don’t write the old fellow off yet.

Not writing him off just yet, just noticing he is so much less affective on the field.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not writing him off just yet, just noticing he is so much less affective on the field.

I think he has been less effective for the past couple of seasons, he has become slower. 

A win by the Bomber over Mr GUT's Blues by 41 points. Not a high standard game by any means but the Bombers adjusted to the weather conditions much better. 

Leigh

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I think he has been less effective for the past couple of seasons, he has become slower. 

A win by the Bomber over Mr GUT's Blues by 41 points. Not a high standard game by any means but the Bombers adjusted to the weather conditions much better. 

Leigh

I Think that you mean is that Carlton suck of recent years

16 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

They certainly played more effectively and kicked more accurately.

• Like 1

I Think that you mean is that Carlton suck of recent years

Maybe, but they are the Bombers' bogie team of recent years, so I'm happy to take a win over the Blues anytime! 😁

Leigh

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

Maybe, but they are the Bombers' bogie team of recent years, so I'm happy to take a win over the Blues anytime! 😁

Leigh

I remember when they were everyone’s bogie team, it’ll come around again, just like my beloved rabbits in the NRL or the mighty Scorps in the real NRL (NEWCASTLE Rugby League was the NRL way before the other one)

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I remember when they were everyone’s bogie team, it’ll come around again, just like my beloved rabbits in the NRL or the mighty Scorps in the real NRL (NEWCASTLE Rugby League was the NRL way before the other one)

the Rabbits? who are they?

On 6/1/2019 at 3:06 AM, possum52 said:

A win to the Cats  13.7.85 to Swans 8.15.63. 

Leigh

On 6/1/2019 at 5:13 AM, MicCanberra said:

Saw bits and pieces of the 3rd and 4th quarters, seemed like the Swans just couldn't convert their chances in the forward 50 while the cats could.

They are now 3 from 11 and face West Coast next week.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:22 AM, possum52 said:

Swans next game is Sunday at 3.20pm at SCG. Swan’s forwards, particularly Buddy couldn’t get into the game. He took a nice pack mark and kicked a beautiful long goal but that was about it. 

Leigh

OK, I have recovered enough to come back on this board and lick my wounds!

Seems like my Swans are cooked this season, all that's left is to hope they improve and maybe pull off a few upsets.

Go Swans!

They still have a chance and will possibly cause some upsets but they can’t afford too many more losses. Whether they make the finals may depend what happens in other games. 

Leigh

Mmmm West Coast today, another loss on the way I think.

at least the Blues got away with the pesky Lions that my Yank mate loves so dearly.

A great win by the Blues! The Lions' supporters in my family weren't happy after the game. 

Leigh

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mmmm West Coast today, another loss on the way I think.

at least the Blues got away with the pesky Lions that my Yank mate loves so dearly.

Eagles have a couple of really big outs — Hurn and Yeo.

Really evens the contest.

Just now, NoWhiners said:

Thanks to all who still give us hope.

But I think we know, Swans not going to the finals this year. 😞

Glad I didn't buy  a T-shirt :classic_biggrin:

Go Swans!

True fans wear their teams colours with, loss or draw.

Swans defeated Eagles, last year's premiers by 55 points -  Swans 18.8.116 d Eagles 10.11.71. An amazing win by Swans with only 1 player on the bench for over a quarter. Five goals each to Buddy and Papley.

Leigh