Pacific Princess will leave the fleet?

BnDcruisers

Hi all, 

It looks like the Princess cruise line will be removing the Pacific Princess from their fleet in the near future. I recievied an email from Princess yesterday that says staring in January 2021 the world cruises will be on the Island Princess and if you book a world cruise or a segment of a world cruise early, they will give you some unbelievable deals.  Which I can understand because the Island Princess holds 2200 vs 670 for the Pacific Princess. 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, BnDcruisers said:

Hi all, 

It looks like the Princess cruise line will be removing the Pacific Princess from their fleet in the near future. I recievied an email from Princess yesterday that says staring in January 2021 the world cruises will be on the Island Princess and if you book a world cruise or a segment of a world cruise early, they will give you some unbelievable deals.  Which I can understand because the Island Princess holds 2200 vs 670 for the Pacific Princess. 

Thanks

I got that email also.  It offers some significant savings as long as the prices are not inflated.  I would be tempted to book the cruise but there is no way I can be gone that long or during tax season.  Can you just imagine the amount of mail you would have waiting for you after a 111 day cruise!

Some of my friends just got off the 29 day world cruise segment.  They had flooding in their cabin from the high waves crashing over the bow.  They were really disappointed with the ship in so many ways.  I was sad to hear that because it's one of my favorite ships.  They said the crew were telling them the ship was going in for a refurbishment soon but it just had one in 2017.  ???

Yes the email gave the ports for the full cruise as well as   each of the segments they will be offering.  Open for reservations for former Princess cruisers on March 27th.   

59 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I don't think there has been any confirmation that she's leaving but yes, as you said, certainly confirmation that she's not doing the WC.

Did the e:mail give any details of the trip?  It may be something we'd be interested in.

I posted details a few weeks ago.

Edited by Coral

4 hours ago, BnDcruisers said:

Hi all, 

Thanks

Couple of recent threads on this swap out already.

I doubt we will ever sail the Island again.

There have been many rumors about the Pacific leaving Princess.

IMO........I think it will be with the next 24 months.

What a drag to spend that much time on Island Princess. I can't afford a world cruise anyway but, if I could, I wouldn't want it to be on Island Princess. I really dislike what they did to that ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

What a drag to spend that much time on Island Princess. I can't afford a world cruise anyway but, if I could, I wouldn't want it to be on Island Princess. I really dislike what they did to that ship.

I know right! It is sad choice.

This way it forces people who really want to do the WC to have to sail her because they know it will sell out regardless.

10 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I know right! It is sad choice.

This way it forces people who really want to do the WC to have to sail her because they know it will sell out regardless.

Same thing that Princess did when they scheduled the Island for many of the full transit Panama canal cruises.  People would book it because they really wanted the canal.

• Like 1

Sad that they butchered her.  We liked her 45 day LA - Singapore segment but just saw a 43 day on HAL of a similar route, wayyyyyy less money and includes drinks.  $7,000 pp on HAL with drinks and $11,000 pp on Princess.  I'll take the non butchered ship for $8,000 please.

Edited by Cruise Junky

21 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Sad that they butchered her.  We liked her 45 day LA - Singapore segment but just saw a 43 day on HAL of a similar route, wayyyyyy less money and includes drinks.  $7,000 pp on HAL with drinks and $11,000 pp on Princess.  I'll take the non butchered ship for $8,000 please.

I was hoping the prices would be a bit less through a TA.    If I may ask is the similar HAL cruise also in 2021?

Edited by waltd