Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

18 minutes ago, libertybelle41 said:

I agree the owner should be in more control of his dog and his attitude, but OMG, it's just pee. I'd rather be peed on by a dog than vomited on in the elevator by some drunk girl just before our dinner reservation. That was fun. 😕

Read these...and then try to say "it's just..."

https://alpineclean.com/the-dangers-of-residual-animal-urine-in-carpets/

https://www.hunker.com/12572634/health-problems-to-humans-from-breathing-animal-urine-on-rugs

Amazing how some people are uninformed about the seriousness of subjecting others to heath risks associated with "just ---" in public places.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

https://www.hunker.com/12572634/health-problems-to-humans-from-breathing-animal-urine-on-rugs

Amazing how some people are uninformed about the seriousness of subjecting others to heath risks associated with "just ---" in public places.

I read it's worse in Cats

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I read it's worse in Cats

That's true - cats are susceptible to infections more often then dogs, increasing the spreading of bad things for people - especially in public places (in contrast to confined & controlled areas). 

It's sad/disturbing that some folks just don't get how legitimate a problem this is on a cruise ship or any place groups of people are found.

57 minutes ago, libertybelle41 said:

I agree the owner should be in more control of his dog and his attitude, but OMG, it's just pee. I'd rather be peed on by a dog than vomited on in the elevator by some drunk girl just before our dinner reservation. That was fun. 😕

UGH is right, sorry you dealt with that!!  I'd survive dog pee a lot better than that too - and yes I read the danger links posted after this, my statement still stands!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I think they were more trying to say "It could be worse" and it could always be worse.  I'm also of the mind that unless they are true service dogs they shouldn't be on a ship!  I am a dog owner of 3 crazy large mutts who would not enjoy a ship any more than I would enjoy having them on board!  Or rather they may well enjoy the long halls to run in and I expect would only douse outdoor spaces, especially mini-golf greenery BUT that isn't any vacation I'd enjoy nor want in anyway even if it was allowed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

my statement still stands, but thanks for trying. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I think they were more trying to say "It could be worse" and it could always be worse.  I'm also of the mind that unless they are true service dogs they shouldn't be on a ship!  I am a dog owner of 3 crazy large mutts who would not enjoy a ship any more than I would enjoy having them on board!  Or rather they may well enjoy the long halls to run in and I expect would only douse outdoor spaces, especially mini-golf greenery BUT that isn't any vacation I'd enjoy nor want in anyway even if it was allowed!

Exactly. I'm not saying it's not reprehensible of the owner, but if I had to pick one it would pee on the foot rather than drunk peoples vomit. There's a whole lot better chance of drunk vomit than dogs a peeing. Wow that sounds like a 12 days of Christmas add on......10 pups-a-peeing;  11 drunks-a-puking...anyway, I digress. Have a good day all. 

"Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining." -Judy Judy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You have no idea what adorable looks like. 😉

Bella's Instagram link is in my signature.

How did I not know Miss Bella had instagram before?! Jack is about to go and follow her 😉 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, libertybelle41 said:

Exactly. I'm not saying it's not reprehensible of the owner, but if I had to pick one it would pee on the foot rather than drunk peoples vomit. There's a whole lot better chance of drunk vomit than dogs a peeing. Wow that sounds like a 12 days of Christmas add on......10 pups-a-peeing;  11 drunks-a-puking...anyway, I digress. Have a good day all. 

"Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining." -Judy Judy

This thread has made me personally rank what I'd prefer to be hit with if it has to be anything at all lol!

On 3/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yea b/c kicking the dog will help.  What a ridiculous comment.  While I agree this whole scenario is absurd, do you really think it’s the dogs fault it’s owner took it on a ship where it doesn’t belong? And furthermore the owner obviously never trained the dog properly, again, not the dogs fault. Focus your anger where it belongs - on the owner.

I'm definitely punting a dog that is pissing on my 4 year old. I care about my child much more than that dog.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, davekathy said:

Unfortunately your request will never be granted, no matter where you are.  I don't believe those bringing their pets with them even have to prove anything to the cruise lines.  

Actually they do.  They have a series of records that are needed before they are allowed to board.  Shot records, etc.   Also they are no longer allowing any emotional support dogs if they booked after July 31,2018.  Going forward only support dogs are allowed.  But people can and will circumvent and lie to get the dogs onboard!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

Actually they do.  They have a series of records that are needed before they are allowed to board. 

Unless something has changed in the last few months, I believe they only have to provide that if they are taking the dog off the ship into the ports of call. It would be the specific ports of call that require this.    The cruise line requires nothing that I know of. 

Edited by ryano

9 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Did you really take my comment seriously or do you just like to stir the pot!  Geez  Please moralize somewhere else.

Do note that all these people don't know you and can't see anything but your words. It seems that quite a number of people agree with my thoughts on it (and other similar posts expressed a similar sentiment).  If you find that funny, I think that's odd, but how would I or anyone else guess that you were joking? And do also note that I have as much right to express my opinion as you do here and I don't believe that you are the arbiter of who should stay and who should go from CC. I responded to what you said, I can't respond to what you might mean that differs from that.

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 1luckylady said:

We were on the Anthem Feb 3rd thru 15th.  The man takes the elevator by the 270 to go to his room.  He and that dog were all over the ship.  I mean EVERYWHERE.   I love dogs but this was a Chihuahua mix.  I guarantee he isn't a service dog. 

I've sailed 25 times on Anthem and never knew there was an elevator by 270. The closest one I've seen was the elevator mid-ship.

Let me preface this.. I am a veteran with PTSD..   I have two Great Pyrenees and an Aussie Shephard..(They are my "support animals")  I would have punted that dog for "relieving itself on my daughter"  There is no reason at all that a 4 legged creature should be on a Cruise ship.. I don't care if you live on it.. stay for a weeks or whatever.. That is unacceptable.. 

Edited by RickinStl
Added to post
  • Like 5