Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

So on the walking track on the Symphony TA we were walking and we met a short balding older man with a dog in his stroller.   Is this the same guy?  The dog was smallish, maybe 8-10 pounds and a short hair, by the time I realized what I was looking at we had passed them.  

I do think it is inappropriate, but dog pee is hardly a major calamity.  However, the dog clearly should not be on board.

jc

19 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Can you post the pictures you have?

Why would dog pee hurt your child?

jc

Good for jellyfish sting I hear.

Good to see this thread had returned. 🐾🐾

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So on the walking track on the Symphony TA we were walking and we met a short balding older man with a dog in his stroller.   Is this the same guy?  The dog was smallish, maybe 8-10 pounds and a short hair, by the time I realized what I was looking at we had passed them.  

I do think it is inappropriate, but dog pee is hardly a major calamity.  However, the dog clearly should not be on board.

jc

Absolutely not.  This guy does not leave his "neighborhood", thus Grandeur & Anthem.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:05 PM, cello56 said:

As excerpted from U.S. Code of Federal Regulations § 36.202, there are two instances cited in federal law where a business may exclude a Service Dog:

1. The Service Dog is out of control and the handler isn’t doing anything about it
  2. The Service Dog isn’t housebroken and urinates or defecates inappropriately

Forget the "U.S. Code".

THESE are the rules from Royal Caribbean's own website:

Guests are responsible for the behavior or damage caused by their service dog. A cleaning fee may be charged to the guest's shipboard account.

If the service dog's behavior creates a fundamental alteration or a direct threat to safety, the dog may be denied boarding or removed from the ship along with the owner at the guest's expense. Examples include: growling, barking excessively, initiating unsolicited contact, biting other guests and/or crewmembers, failure to use designated relief areas, sitting on furniture, eating from the table, etc.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Forget the "U.S. Code".

THESE are the rules from Royal Caribbean's own website:

Guests are responsible for the behavior or damage caused by their service dog. A cleaning fee may be charged to the guest's shipboard account.

If the service dog's behavior creates a fundamental alteration or a direct threat to safety, the dog may be denied boarding or removed from the ship along with the owner at the guest's expense. Examples include: growling, barking excessively, initiating unsolicited contact, biting other guests and/or crewmembers, failure to use designated relief areas, sitting on furniture, eating from the table, etc.

Well, that would mean the white puff ball we saw sitting on the banquette in the SL on Oasis should have been removed and the dog in the dress on a towel on a lounger in the Solarium on Anthem should be removed too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, that would mean the white puff ball we saw sitting on the banquette in the SL on Oasis should have been removed and the dog in the dress on a towel on a lounger in the Solarium on Anthem should be removed too.

Yup.

• Thanks 1

By the way...…………..

Over time, when this "gentleman" was asked by other passengers what his dog did, his answer varied.  I guess he finally settled on the "blood pressure" explanation.  I was told by someone on the Anthem that he now has a sign on his wheeled carrier that says, "Don't ask me about the dog".  😮

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

By the way...…………..

Over time, when this "gentleman" was asked by other passengers what his dog did, his answer varied.  I guess he finally settled on the "blood pressure" explanation.  I was told by someone on the Anthem that he now has a sign on his wheeled carrier that says, "Don't ask me about the dog".  😮

Well that speaks volumes, too bad he isn't on CC.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, Ashland said:

People...dog lover's or not...Stop oohing 😍 😘 over dogs onboard ... See Something Say Something !!!!

RCI will have to enforce policy if enough of us do about this !!!

I would say something to the idiot if the dog was to urinate or defecate, and they didn't stop to clean it. However, just to have a dog on board... I will ooh and ahh over it, if the owner will let me, no matter what I think of the owner for forcing the dog onto the ship. 

However, someone said they would have kicked the dog. Well... be careful, because if I saw that you probably would need medical attention. It is not the dogs fault. This is the fault of the human that decided to bring the poor dog on the ship. If you want to kick someone, kick the owner. I will stand back and gladly watch that, with a $2.50 box of popcorn from Royal.

On a side note, we did not see a dog at all on the Symphony last week. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wonder if the Captain even knows about this dog on his ship? Maybe someone should tell him what is going on and see if he does anything.

All the crew know about this guy and his dog. He's been on the ship since at least January he was speaking with one of the crew when we saw him with his little doggie.

• Like 1

Supposedly there was a change in rccl policy about dogs. But from what i could understand, those already booked would be grandfathered in. So we need to know when this policy was enacted ( no more emotional support animals)  And then basically wait two years. Thats how far out you can book. 

My cruise this april was booked before they started the refundable/ non refundable thing. And i booked two years out. So we are nearing the end of cruises that were all refundable. 

• Thanks 1

We are pet owners and love animals.

But this is as much a sanitation issue (for all other passengers onboard) as anything else.

Royal has clear rules that others have posted. Service pets and comfort pets are two entirely different categories.

Based on current rules...it should be rare to ever see a dog on a ship. In those cases where we have seen one, it was a service dog for a vision or other disabled person, and someone also traveled with them for animal care.

All the other noise around pets onboard is totally based on current rules, and things need to be enforced.

• Like 3

I’m on the Anthem now and I did not see the man and his dog in the diamond lounge when the consecutive cruisers were being processed. And I haven’t seen him around the ship so far this cruise.  Not sure if it means he’s not on the ship or that he’s too special to have to go through the process. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

By the way...…………..

Oh my goodness! I believe I saw this man and his dog a few weeks ago on Anthem in the Solarium. 

He was being pulled in a little red wagon with a license plate that reads “Tommy”.

On the side of the wagon there was a typed paper that read: 

My name is Tommy and I’m a service dog.

Please don’t try to pet me or talk to me. 

Don’t ask where I poop or pee. 

Don’t ask how much I paid for the cruise. 

Being naive, I assumed the dog was truly a service dog. My husband and I went up to the owner and asked to take Tommy’s picture which he said was fine. Unfortunately, my husband deleted the photo but I did ask the man and he said Tommy is a chihuahua mix. 

I spoke to the man for only a few minutes and mentioned that my cousin just rec’d a service dog as her sight is failing and how amazing these service dogs are. 

I didn’t ask what ailed him but he did touch his chest as an indicator so I assumed he had a heart condition. 

If this is indeed the same man, I really feel like an idiot. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I wished him and Tommy many more years of good health. 

• Like 3

I wonder if the Captain even knows about this dog on his ship? Maybe someone should tell him what is going on and see if he does anything.

That would be more scary than the dog urination if the Captain didn't know about this incident.  This ship sails our of N.J. N.Y. area. If this is an issue I can assure you that one of my people gave the Captain an ear full and then some.

• Like 2

Doesn't a Celebrity captain travel with a cat?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That would be more scary than the dog urination if the Captain didn't know about this incident.  This ship sails our of N.J. N.Y. area. If this is an issue I can assure you that one of my people gave the Captain an ear full and then some.

My people?

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Doesn't a Celebrity captain travel with a cat?

Captain Kate (Equinox soon to be Edge) travels with her naked cat.   Captain Johnny (Royal) travel with his parrot.  Both confined to the Captains quarters (or Bridge)

Edited by Trekker954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1