Havana third person no show or cancel?

Four4us

Sorry

Kind of long.

Four of us decided to try the Havana inside staterooms. Sailing Horizon October 2019. Would have had two staterooms with two in each room. At the last minute a third friend decided they wanted to join. We got lucky and booked the three person and a two person. All of us have paid in full except the third person. Final payment is not due until July. The third person is now considering not going. I have been reading how Carnival could move us into a two person room. All the other Havana rooms are booked. Would they force us into a regular interior? We are traveling with another group and want to stay in the Havana area. 

Third person does have the travel insurance with Carnival. She has only paid in $325 dollars. 

After reading about “no show” I’m wondering if that is our best option. The remaining two are willing to pay her share. In the end it really isn’t that much more. We know what our original fee would have been if she wouldn’t have went. I have read Carnival could cancel and makes us rebook at current rate😱. It is twice as expensive. I’m so stressed out. I wanted to get some feedback before calling Carnival. Not sure I trust what they might want us to do. 

Help

9 minutes ago, Four4us said:

I assume port fees would be refundable? If  so can anyone tell how much that would be? 8 day Horizon. Would they show up as stateroom credit or refunded back to credit card?

yes the govt taxes/port fees are returned. Looks like for an 8 day in October the would be $130.52 pp.

It should be noted on your email confirmation when you booked the cruise.🙂

Not sure how they are returned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

yes the govt taxes/port fees are returned. Looks like for an 8 day in October the would be $130.52 pp.

It should be noted on your email confirmation when you booked the cruise.🙂

Not sure how they are returned.

I quite agree, you will definitely get these charges back. Also would like to know how and when the port fees are returned. Have heard OBC and other say in a check a week or so later.

I also would go with the NO SHOW route. Don't stir the pot. Stay calm and breath through your nose. ☺️

We planned on pre purchasing the drink package for each of us. So with her not going we will be forced to wait. Not only will we be stuck paying her share but also extra having to wait to purchase the drink package. 

1 hour ago, Four4us said:

We planned on pre purchasing the drink package for each of us. So with her not going we will be forced to wait. Not only will we be stuck paying her share but also extra having to wait to purchase the drink package. 

I would continue to try to sway her into going - let her know that it's going to affect you guys (i.e. more for the cabin + more for the drink package). 

If you paid on your credit card, I would think it would refund back to you. When I went with 2 friends they paid me and I paid Carnival. Tell her you'll keep whatever losses you guys incur due to her cancellation. Money talks!

3 hours ago, Four4us said:

Just cancel her out. they will not move you out of a Havana Cabin. They can move you to another Havana interior or a higher category cabin. But they will not put you in the regular cabins.

6 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Just cancel her out. they will not move you out of a Havana Cabin. They can move you to another Havana interior or a higher category cabin. But they will not put you in the regular cabins.

This!   No reason for her to pay everything and then  be a no show.

I had two no shows last year and the port fees and gratuities were paid back in the original way I paid, which in this case was Carnival gift cards. This didn't come until after the cruise though.

46 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

This!   No reason for her to pay everything and then  be a no show.

We would have paid her share. 

I’m going to call my pvp with Carnival and let you know what I find out. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...