WoW Band

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, dlwolf72 said:

My call to RC I just made, 11/25/2019, got the response of “ No”.

Whomever you spoke with apparently didn't know about the locks being upgraded during this most recent Drydock. Wow Bands and unlocking doors through the app are now supported on Oasis.

I just put a post on an app on my phone re: Oasis.  Someone on the ship stated Oasis DOES have them now.  However, my next question was:  Are they free for suite guests?  Does anyone have an answer to this?  I have read on other posts that the ships which DO have the WOW bands, suite guests get them free.

Can someone give me information on the WOW band?  I don't know anything about these as I knew they were not available on Oasis.  Now, apparently, they are so I'm wondering how they work.

TIA for any helpful information

1 minute ago, gamecock411 said:

I just put a post on an app on my phone re: Oasis.  Someone on the ship stated Oasis DOES have them now.  However, my next question was:  Are they free for suite guests?  Does anyone have an answer to this?  I have read on other posts that the ships which DO have the WOW bands, suite guests get them free.

Can someone give me information on the WOW band?  I don't know anything about these as I knew they were not available on Oasis.  Now, apparently, they are so I'm wondering how they work.

TIA for any helpful information

WOW bands can be used for everything that the SeaPass card does, except getting off and on the ship.

Just now, gamecock411 said:

So what is the advantage of having one of these?  I guess I just don't understand how this is better or more convenient than a SeaPass card

Some people either don't have or don't want to use pockets or don't want to use a lanyard.  The WOW band is also waterproof so can be worn in the pool.

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Great for kids 

Some of us big kids like them too.  I find them very useful when trying to get in our cabin when my hands are full.  As long as I can get my wrist near the RFID reader, the door is unlocked like dare I say it . . . magic.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I love using mine.  A simple movement of the arm and I'm in my cabin.  It's wonderful when you are carrying stuff.  Even when you are not, there is no fishing around for a card.  Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, gamecock411 said:

Don't know about full suites as we only have a JS, but Guest Services just told me that unlike Quantum Class, Harmony, and Symphony, Pinnacles do not get them free on Oasis. They were not sure why Oasis is different. 

Edited by lovelife
Didn't mean to quote MM

I have read that Grand Suite and above (on other ships) are free and waiting in your cabin.   We are in a Crown Loft suite so wondered if this applies on Oasis.

As this is new to Oasis, I'm sure I will get more info as time goes on.

Thanks to all who have given me feedback.

57 minutes ago, Stardancer68 said:

Can WOW bands be reused on different ships?

Some of them have your muster station printed on them.  Sometimes Guest Services will give you a new one, and sometimes they will tell you that they won't.

Some of them are plain, so can be reprogrammed without discussion.

27 minutes ago, gamecock411 said:

I have read that Grand Suite and above (on other ships) are free and waiting in your cabin.   We are in a Crown Loft suite so wondered if this applies on Oasis.

As this is new to Oasis, I'm sure I will get more info as time goes on.

Thanks to all who have given me feedback.

Your WOW bands will be waiting for you in your cabin/on your cabin door.

We just received them in a JS on Anthem.  I was not expecting them.  A friend who cruises often tells me you just bring them with you on your next cruise and they will take them and give new ones back to you that are programmed for your current cruise.