Summit Clothing Optional

Fishkillbill

9 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

There are some activities that would make people uncomfortable - but they are in places with rented furniture that is hauled off when the cruise is over, and using linens that are just like what is in your cabin (used by hundreds of other people and washed in the ship's laundry).  

Thanks for sharing your insight into this topic. I'm sure I'm not the only clueless but curious one here.

2 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I am always hesitant to add to these threads, but here I go.  I have been on a dozen of these, and the ship is not deep cleaned after each one.  As we get off the ship, you can see the next cruisers rushing on.  I don't know if the pools and hot tubs are drained, but I know the rules, and I know what I have seen, and I would not be worried about any activity in these pools.  The people on this cruise are like your neighbors - they probably are your neighbors.  They are doctors, lawyers, teachers, church secretaries - adults of all ages, including some wonderful couples in their 80's.  These are expensive cruises (much more than a regular Celebrity cruise) and they attract professional people.  Many of them are clothed at all times outside (including me!), and other than a couple of areas that you have to work hard to find, everyone is clothed indoors.  In some ways these cruises are cleaner than regular cruises because you don't have kids with their unclean hands, poor bathroom habits, etc.  To avoid germs I don't go on a hot tub on a regular cruise, and I don't go in one on these. For those immune-compromised, I would not be worried about these cruises any more than others. 

I work around most of the above-mentioned and being privileged and/or professional does not translate into being clean or germ free as these are the same folks who will not wash and will stick their hands in the buffet to taste.

Edited by Ereggae

7 hours ago, fragilek said:

please tell me the pools are all drained and scrubbed to within an inch of their lifes after this- I go on very soon after the last of these. I can't go in the pools due to treatment for leukemia but my family will.  In fact someone just tell me everything is scrubbed raw please!

I'd be more concerned about germs from kids in the pools. I've seen the pool closed for cleaning many times because of an "accident" from a small child. These cruises are adults only and honestly, whether you're naked or naked under a swimsuit, your germs are floating around. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been on a nude cruise yet as my wife is not interested, though I've been to plenty of nude beaches and am an admin on a Christian Naturist forum. One of the misconceptions is the equation of nudity with sex, whereas they are actually completely separate.

Truth is, most nudists are just ordinary people who are (or are trying to be) comfortable in their own skin. When you see all the news stories of people getting augmentative surgeries and the ridiculously high number of people who compare themselves against the perfect bodies they see in movies and magazines, and are disappointed in their own looks as a result, naturism starts to make sense.

For years I felt very uncomfortable myself, but when I found naturism, and began to compare myself against "ordinary" people instead of supermodels, my self confidence increased, my marriage improved significantly (comparing my wife's body against normal women vs p*rn stars) and my health and relationship with my kids improved dramatically.

It's not for everyone, but there are so many great positives that can come out of it that I wish people wouldn't just discount it as being "gross." Most nudists just want to enjoy the sun, deeper personal interactions, and mental and societal benefits that go with nudity. Unfortunately it's the few pervs that make us look bad.

I'd love to do a nude cruise, but until I can convince my wife to even try a nude beach, it's not going to happen. That's ok!

To answer the original question, the 2020 Big Nude Boat Cruise is on the Carnival Legend.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, gold1953 said:

we sailed on the Connie before a nude cruise . The crew had the option of not working that cruise for religious reasons. They had sensitivity training as well . Rules were clothes in eating areas and people must carry towels to sit on.  Other rules I am sure but this is what stands out in my mind.

I believe we were on the Connie after that nude cruise....the employees were still talking about how they would have to keep wiping down the seats and sofas etc.  They were not a happy group of employees😗

On 3/27/2019 at 11:23 PM, DebInAntigua said:

You should be so lucky to be old and wrinkled and 80+ one day, living it up on a Caribbean beach.

Perhaps one day you too can offend someone much younger by daring to display your lifetime of living on a beach. 

Maybe...but there were 6 of us who went to Orient Beach just to see what it was like...we were fully clothed sitting in the little bar...a bell rang out and everyone came running from the beach to get in line for HAPPY HOUR.We were surprised😲  We were seated in a table right where the people were lining up....Picture this...we were sitting we had clothes on...they were standing.. right next to us....they didn't have clothes on....can you picture that !!!  It's a scene I'll never forget LOL🙄

Edited by myjillian

On 3/27/2019 at 1:10 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I was searching recently as to where Infinity was in April 8-13.   It was missing from Celebrity Site.   When I googled on the date it revealed that it was chartered for a "Lifestyle Cruises" (another word for Swingers Cruise)  It appears it offers both clothing optional sun bathing and "Play Rooms". 

We were staying at Embassy Suites the same weekend they were getting ready to board.  I think they called it a "bliss"  cruise.  

On 3/29/2019 at 8:59 AM, Sascol said:

But where does everyone keep their sea pass card?  God forbid we start the lanyard argument again!

On 3/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, wpgcycler said:

I believe Celebrity uses the term "Evening Cheek".

Asked and answered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, JFontaine said:

I am always hesitant to add to these threads, but here I go.  I have been on a dozen of these, and the ship is not deep cleaned after each one.  As we get off the ship, you can see the next cruisers rushing on.  I don't know if the pools and hot tubs are drained, but I know the rules, and I know what I have seen, and I would not be worried about any activity in these pools.  The people on this cruise are like your neighbors - they probably are your neighbors.  They are doctors, lawyers, teachers, church secretaries - adults of all ages, including some wonderful couples in their 80's.  These are expensive cruises (much more than a regular Celebrity cruise) and they attract professional people.  Many of them are clothed at all times outside (including me!), and other than a couple of areas that you have to work hard to find, everyone is clothed indoors.  In some ways these cruises are cleaner than regular cruises because you don't have kids with their unclean hands, poor bathroom habits, etc.  To avoid germs I don't go on a hot tub on a regular cruise, and I don't go in one on these. For those immune-compromised, I would not be worried about these cruises any more than others. 

I recall someone doing a review of a ‘clothing optional’ cruise a few years ago on the X board, was it you? The main objective was to eliminate any misconceptions. They started it off from meeting fellow pax shoreside if I recall correctly.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:01 PM, Scottbro said:

I've not been on a nude cruise yet as my wife is not interested, though I've been to plenty of nude beaches and am an admin on a Christian Naturist forum. One of the misconceptions is the equation of nudity with sex, whereas they are actually completely separate.

Truth is, most nudists are just ordinary people who are (or are trying to be) comfortable in their own skin. When you see all the news stories of people getting augmentative surgeries and the ridiculously high number of people who compare themselves against the perfect bodies they see in movies and magazines, and are disappointed in their own looks as a result, naturism starts to make sense.

For years I felt very uncomfortable myself, but when I found naturism, and began to compare myself against "ordinary" people instead of supermodels, my self confidence increased, my marriage improved significantly (comparing my wife's body against normal women vs p*rn stars) and my health and relationship with my kids improved dramatically.

It's not for everyone, but there are so many great positives that can come out of it that I wish people wouldn't just discount it as being "gross." Most nudists just want to enjoy the sun, deeper personal interactions, and mental and societal benefits that go with nudity. Unfortunately it's the few pervs that make us look bad.

I'd love to do a nude cruise, but until I can convince my wife to even try a nude beach, it's not going to happen. That's ok!

To answer the original question, the 2020 Big Nude Boat Cruise is on the Carnival Legend.

Naturism and nudism are one thing but I believe this  group was advertising " play rooms"..seems to be more of a swinger lifestyle cruise.  You  might want to check it   out before convincing your spouse to try it...

X used to offer a small topless  sun bathing area on some ships un the Carib..Ironically  it was located across from the the kiddie pools before they were removed!  Mostly innocuous group of ladies..tanning their "tops".  We stumbled upon it looking for the kiddie pool!  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

Naturism and nudism are one thing but I believe this  group was advertising " play rooms"..seems to be more of a swinger lifestyle cruise.  You  might want to check it   out before convincing your spouse to try it...

X used to offer a small topless  sun bathing area on some ships un the Carib..Ironically  it was located across from the the kiddie pools before they were removed!  Mostly innocuous group of ladies..tanning their "tops".  We stumbled upon it looking for the kiddie pool!  

the d w and I have been there & done that deck # 16. had a wonderful time 

Edited by c-boy

Many people don't realize  that there are 3 charter companies. The oldest is Bare Necessities. We are sailing on their 30 Anniversary Cruise in 2020, our 7th nude cruise. Then there are 'Bliss Cruises' and' Couples Cruises'. Bare Necessities is strictly nudity, NO hanky panky. The other 2 are Lifestyle Cruises and hanky panky is encouraged.