Creme Brulee?

Luvcrusn

14 minutes ago, UnorigionalName said:

The objection isn't that it isn't tasty, it's that they all taste the same.  Gets boring and people are looking for new experiences and new tastes.  

My daughter makes them and mixes them up, her dark chocolate is delicious.

If it is so cheap and easy to make than do it at home and enjoy it whenever you want

The above may  be the reason that X is eliminating it.  They want to add something that is harder to make and cost more. 🤗😱💰🤔. It is supposed to be a Premium Luxury line 😀

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

9 hours ago, miched said:

If it is so cheap and easy to make than do it at home and enjoy it whenever you want

The above may  be the reason that X is eliminating it.  They want to add something that is harder to make and cost more. 🤗😱💰🤔. It is supposed to be a Premium Luxury line 😀

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

How do you know creme rule was being eliminated?  It has been on every cruise I have been on. Even our recent one.   Is this another example of "fake news"?  

On 5/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, UnorigionalName said:

Yeah, in the major cities i think creme brule has not only just fallen out of favor,  even having it on the menu makes people turn up their noses and it's a sign that the restaurant is not a trendy foody place.  It's kind of boring.

I would be surprised if they made it unavailable though given how popular it is with the non metropolitan-hipster-foody crowd.

Well nothing is as outdated as Baked Alaska and Cherries Jubliee, yet they keep highlighting those two. I can't think of one trendy dessert that was recently served on Eclipse. Overall, they were boring and not especially tasty. The desserts in the buffet were even worse.

Edited by mek

On our upcoming Summit cruise to Bermuda, the  daily menus are on the App - with creme brulee appearing quite frequently as a dessert option. 

In all the years cruising, I've never understood the big show around baked Alaska; I remember real flames or sparklers, adding liquor infused cherries at table-side, too. On a recent cruise the baked Alaska parade seemed to have more than the usual compliment of battery candles in what looked like plastic BA's. 

We are not big dessert eaters at home, so I'm usually happy with a warm chocolate ship cookie to eat on my way back to the cabin.

Darcy

On 3/27/2019 at 11:41 PM, Luvcrusn said:

Murano's been removed from M-class ships about two years ago. We don't do specialty dining on those ships anymore since Tuscan's never been a favorite of ours. Qsine is a one and done for us, and LPC is not appealing in the least. 

What is LPC?

On 3/28/2019 at 5:25 AM, keesar said:

I had creme brule 3 weeks ago and it was great!  I took the recipe and made it myself.  It actually came out very good.   But it was in my home and not on a ship....😀

I loved the Celebrity creme brûlée and didn’t know you could get their recipe.  Are you able to share it please. I am sure all recipes will be pretty similar but especially if they no longer make it it will bring back nice memories of cruising. 

15 hours ago, tartana said:

If it goes, I will miss it - I rarely order dessert, but I love the Creme Brulée on Celebrity ❤️

IMG_3653.JPG

They better not take this away....it is one of the only two desserts I  eat if I am going to have any.  (Not counting gelato of course)

31 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Three things to avoid discussing, I always say. Politics, religion and Creme Brulee. 

LOL! I started this thread for what I thought at the time was a simple question.  I never thought it'd still be going on for 6 weeks and 3 pages of discussion. 😊 You never know!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, st5310 said:

What is LPC?

LPC is La Petite Chef at Qsine, a new dining concept on some ships in the specialty restaurant Qsine.

Here's a link, suggest you play the video in the link, its pretty cool. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/le-petit-chef-at-qsine

Edited by dkjretired