Premium Plus Beverage Package Question

rhinomike

I have a questions about the Premium Plus Beverage Package.  I drink lots of bottled water. When you order a bottle of water do they bring you an entire bottle of water or pour a small amount into a cup?  Thank you. 

1 hour ago, rhinomike said:

I have a questions about the Premium Plus Beverage Package.  I drink lots of bottled water. When you order a bottle of water do they bring you an entire bottle of water or pour a small amount into a cup?  Thank you. 

If you order a bottle of water, you will get a bottle of water.... whatever brand that bar has in stock. 

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

That may be a tough question to answer because nobody I have ever heard of was willing to pay the high price for the Premium plus plan. Normally, if you order a bottle of water they give you the bottle of water. 

Yes.  With our package we have a choice between that or free internet for the week. We don’t drink alcohol or soda but we drink lots of bottled water. 

I know on carnival when you pay for a soda you get the entire can of soda. But with their drink package they pour you a soda into a cup. It is less than half a can.   I won’t choose the drink package if they do that with the water. I want the entire bottle.  I drink lots of bottled water. Lol.   

To piggy back off the OP's question...does anyone know how to go about doing the upgrade to the Premium Plus package?  When I booked a while back the Premium Plus option had not been introduced.  I'd like to use my OBC if possible but not sure how that works...Anybod know what the upgrade cost is on a 7 nighter?

14 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

To piggy back off the OP's question...does anyone know how to go about doing the upgrade to the Premium Plus package?  When I booked a while back the Premium Plus option had not been introduced.  I'd like to use my OBC if possible but not sure how that works...Anybod know what the upgrade cost is on a 7 nighter?

$34.80 per person, per day, plus the 20 percent gratuity. You are able to upgrade once on board. 

The only question I haven't found an answer for is: since this is a "purchased" upgrade and not a promo, I wonder if all people with the PBP must purchase the upgrade even if the PBP is a promo. I can't see NCL allowing only 1 person getting the upgrade and then stock piling bottled water, juice, higher end alcohol for the rest of the stateroom. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, esm54687 said:

The only question I haven't found an answer for is: since this is a "purchased" upgrade and not a promo, I wonder if all people with the PBP must purchase the upgrade even if the PBP is a promo. I can't see NCL allowing only 1 person getting the upgrade and then stock piling bottled water, juice, higher end alcohol for the rest of the stateroom. 

Good point.  Have we heard on these boards from ANYONE who has actually upgraded?  I am curious to see how it went.  My fear would be that I've paid all this extra money and now, 2 days into the cruise, they've run out of the champagne/wine/scotch or whatever it is I want.

I did a little more digging into this today just to see if the upgrade makes sense for us on our June sailing.  I'm intrigued by the bottle of wine with dinner option and the list looks worth while.  But I've grown accustomed to bringing my own water bottle since bottled water isn't included in the Premium package.  I think that for us, it makes sense to keep what we have, skip the upgrade, and dip into our OBC for the extras that fall outside the included package.  Here's a link to a pretty informative video:

My husband and I bring our Nalgenes on board, go to a bar, ask for 2-3 cups of water and then pour them into our Naglenes.  We've done this twice in the Breakaway and were able to drink a TON of water before switching over to non-water 🙂 

Edited by Redsky5292

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you.  Another quick drink question.  How many drinks can I order at once?  Can I order a drink for myself and my husband or do we need to order our own?

2 minutes ago, katzz35 said:

Thank you.  Another quick drink question.  How many drinks can I order at once?  Can I order a drink for myself and my husband or do we need to order our own?

Drink max is 2 per transaction on a single card.  I usually send DH to the bar with my card just in case they ask for it and he gets a drink for both of us but they only scan one card.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1