Whales & Dolphins seen from Sky Lounge—too bad about Edge😪

cruisestitch

17 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

Edge was seriously the best! MUCH better than what we almost chose years ago, the Norwegian Dawn!! I loved just sitting on our veranda, seriously. Whales and Dalphins are just gorgeous and so soul-giving!!

What sailing of the Edge were you on?  I don't think anyone saw any  on the sailing I was on. Please post some pics from your veranda- I'm sure you took some of the whales and dolphins. I know I would have. 

Edited by ecslady
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ecslady said:

What sailing of the Edge were you on?  I don't think anyone saw any  on the sailing I was on. Please post some pics from your veranda- I'm sure you took some of the whales and dolphins. I know I would have. 

If we had a longer cruise than 7 nights, I would totally have taken more photos! It was just so short and there was so much we wanted to enjoy and my phone has a low battery. We could have got a new phone that didn't need to be on the charger but we were like you know what? We paid for all this greatness and we had a gorgeous suite so let's just stay I everything in the moment!

I can’t believe you didn’t see any. Next time??

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Sky lounge. But I have always been surprised on how quiet this lounge is. On every sailing we have been on, this place is fairly empty most of the time. They only time we see people, it was for Elite cocktail hours. On a few evening, when something is planned, there is a little bit of traffic. Other than that, it was fairly dead. It’s unfortunate, but I understand why they are taking it away on E-Class.

15 hours ago, Alex81 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Sky lounge. But I have always been surprised on how quiet this lounge is. On every sailing we have been on, this place is fairly empty most of the time. They only time we see people, it was for Elite cocktail hours. On a few evening, when something is planned, there is a little bit of traffic. Other than that, it was fairly dead. It’s unfortunate, but I understand why they are taking it away on E-Class.

My guess is that you have never been on the South American cruise around the horn, because the Sky Lounge is used heavily for cruises like that.  The naturalist makes his home up there and narrarates everything as you go around the horn and through all the fjords, etc. We were up there for quite a few days for the whole day listening, learning and watching.  There were no seats available. We took turns sitting on the floor. This is just one example of what people will miss without the Sky Lounge.

The Sky Lounge also gets pretty packed for trivia several times a day. In the late evening a lot of party type of events are held up there and it gets packed.

Yes, I missed the Sky Lounge when I sailed on the Edge.

• Like 2

As described on the website, the Sky Observation lounge is “a quiet refuge by day, lively music at night” and except for sailing through scenic areas we have found it to be just that and you can find us there most days, reading and enjoying the sea views

We enjoyed the sky lounge during a long hot day transiting through the Panama Canal.  We could see the forward and side views, enjoyed being able to hear the narration of what we were seeing while in an air conditioned space.  I'd hate doing that trip on Edge with no forward views since we don't book suites. 

• Like 1

I should think that is would be fairly obvious why a forward view is better for wildlife viewing.  As you sail toward them the view gets better.  If sailing away, by the time you have spotted something, it is becoming increasingly smaller in your view

• Like 2